Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

NFL Defensive Line Profiles

[size=13pt]NFL--Defensive Line Profiles[/size]

profantasysports.com

Much like the quarterback position, the defensive line seems to be developing a relatively clear elite class. Jared Allen could be on the verge of firmly establishing himself as the league's best end, that is, if Mario Williams' production doesn't grow at the same pace this year as it did last......

1. Jared Allen, Minnesota Vikings

13. Kevin Williams, Minnesota Vikings

32. Ray Edwards, Minnesota Vikings

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

Re: NFL Defensive Line Profiles

Where´s Phat Pat?
    El underdog.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"El" wrote:
    Where´s Phat Pat?
    At the "All U Can Eat" buffet.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

The dominance.. it's just overwhelming lol!
    This is Superbowl material... I'm especially looking forward to see both our ends make Qb's shit their pants
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

we have some people here from the states for some external development work.

i was in an a discussion with 2 of them about what's going on with the NFL and which teams are really moving foward.

course they are east coasters 1 being G fan the other Patriots.

As we discussed teams.. they liked to remind me of how sad our pass offence was.. and that we were not playoff bound..

i reminded the G fan about their game with us.. he said. "Yeah. you guys have the best Dline and it show'd"
    i told him.. wait till you see it now with Jared.. both laughed and said.. "IF the vikings don't make it to the playoffs.. forget about ever being something"

the patriots fan thinks we'll be doing better on the D side as qb's will have less time to stand back.. and both agreed that no1 can run on us.

btw.. both are taking the Vikes D as their fantasy D.. and one of them actually chooses a D player (or 3 i think).. he's taking JA early.
    it will probably be a common trend.

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Anyone else notice that there were (other than 3 Vikings) very few reps from the NFC North in this list and the ones that are listed don't really worry me.

Heres to dominating our division, winning a few easy "Non Conference" games and winnning the division.

On a side Note:

Phat Pat should have been on that list if Kevin was on there.

Look, I'm not hating on Kevin, and I don't care how many times you guys claim it was because he was double teamed so much, Kevins numbers continue to decline while Phat Pats continue to get better......

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/teams/stats?team=min

Great players beat double teams my friends.
    Hist tackles are down, his tackles for loss are down etc etc etc.
    He really needs to step up this year, collapse the pocket and flush the QB to the DE's or we will still struggle with respect to putting pressure on the QB in passing situations.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Not that he doesn't belong but Big Pat is kind of a one demensional player at this point in his career. By far a top run stuffer but not much in the way of a pass rush. probably the main reason why he is not on the list. Its all about the sacks these days.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Garland" wrote:
    Not that he doesn't belong but Big Pat is kind of a one demensional player at this point in his career. By far a top run stuffer but not much in the way of a pass rush. probably the main reason why he is not on the list. Its all about the sacks these days.
    Ya but if you take a look at his tackles for loss you will see that he has morphed into more than just a run stuffer.
    The sacks aren't there last year because of our DE issues but now that we have a threat at the DE position I anticipate his sack numbers will go up.

On the flip side, I don't really care about sacks at the DT position.
    I wanna see tackles for loss.
    Means they are beating thier blocks and getting into the back field whether it be a run or a passing play.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

thepacksux is offline Asst. Coach

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Anyone else notice that there were (other than 3 Vikings) very few reps from the NFC North in this list and the ones that are listed don't really worry me.

Heres to dominating our division, winning a few easy "Non Conference" games and winnning the division.

On a side Note:

Look, I'm not hating on Kevin, and I don't care how many times you guys claim it was because he was double teamed so much, Kevins numbers continue to decline while Phat Pats continue to get better......

He really needs to step up this year, collapse the pocket and flush the QB to the DE's or we will still struggle with respect to putting pressure on the QB in passing situations.
    Having a strong edge rusher will make Kevin much more productive in terms of sacks.
    Without a strong rush off the edge, QB's have not had to step up in the pocket to avoid the pressure and therefore been able to run away from the DT's.
    Even if he does not dramatically increase his sack total, however, he is still worth every penny of the large contract he received.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:

On a side Note:

Not on the line they don't, especially on the interior.

To beat the double team, or at least the way I was taught, is to "punch the ground." You lower yourself as much as possible, to get their quickly, you "punch" the ground, which also takes you down. Taking you out of the play. It creates a nice little pile up and really screws up blocking assignments, but you're not making a tackle, especially a sack.

It's damn near impossible to "split the double team" especially at the NFL level. I know Kevin Williams is tremendously big, athletic, and talented. But he's not as big or strong as two tremendously big, talented linemen. And his size actually hurts him when splitting a double team. Maybe you'll see guys like Jason Taylor and Dwight Freeney pulling that one off, but they're 50+ pounds lighter than Williams.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast