Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 62
  1. #51
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re:NFL concerned by marijuana 'epidemic' in draft

    C Mac D wrote:
    <snip>
    Typical C Mac, arguing simply for the sake of argument, and trying to be as insulting and abrasive as possible while doing it. (And of course accusing others of being insulting...) I guess its my own fault, I should know better. Trying to engage you in any meaningful debate on some subjects simply pollutes this site.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  2. #52
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re:NFL concerned by marijuana 'epidemic' in draft

    Mr Anderson wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:
    Pot is unregulated, and that in itself makes it more dangerous than most of the regulated drugs, including alcohol.
    I don't get this part of your stance, please explain.
    I'm pretty sure he means that it's unregulated by the government(since it's illegal) and because of that it's part of the black market.

    So there is no quality control, meaning you can get a laced, very dangerous drug.

    Because it's illegal, it's very risky to sell. Which is where the high price, and violence comes from.


    It's no different than booze was during the prohibition era. If you prohibit the use of a product which people demand, they are going to find ways to get it. This creates organized crime.
    That is exactly what I was trying to say. Thanks for the clarification.

    jmcdon00 - that is one of the primary reasons I am supportive of legalization of marijuana. Legalization brings both regulation, which makes it safer, and taxation, which raises money. People who support the legalization of MJ simply because "there is no good reason for it to be illegal" miss the mark IMHO. Instead of showing why there isn't a good reason for it to be illegal, we need to demonstrate that there are good reasons for it to be legalized. THAT is how change is effected.

    Of course, we could just go around talking about how we know how it is on the street, and insult people when we see the opportunity... but in the real world that wouldn't get us very far.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  3. #53
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,499

    Re:NFL concerned by marijuana 'epidemic' in draft

    NodakPaul wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    <snip>
    Typical C Mac, arguing simply for the sake of argument, and trying to be as insulting and abrasive as possible while doing it. (And of course accusing others of being insulting...) I guess its my own fault, I should know better. Trying to engage you in any meaningful debate on some subjects simply pollutes this site.
    So you attack an analogy I made in over 15 of your posts, which I show that if you had read a post on page 1, you'd see your opinion was false (which you conveniently clipped)... then proceed to attack me personally again saying I can't have a meaningful debate... despite the fact that I presented cited articles and Government studies and answered your question on pg. 1.

    Classic Nodak. Simply classic.

    But come on, the "Dead in the water, unless you put up sandbags..." was hilarious. At least have a sense of humor about that.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  4. #54
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,279

    Re:NFL concerned by marijuana 'epidemic' in draft

    NodakPaul wrote:
    Mr Anderson wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:
    Pot is unregulated, and that in itself makes it more dangerous than most of the regulated drugs, including alcohol.
    I don't get this part of your stance, please explain.
    I'm pretty sure he means that it's unregulated by the government(since it's illegal) and because of that it's part of the black market.

    So there is no quality control, meaning you can get a laced, very dangerous drug.

    Because it's illegal, it's very risky to sell. Which is where the high price, and violence comes from.


    It's no different than booze was during the prohibition era. If you prohibit the use of a product which people demand, they are going to find ways to get it. This creates organized crime.
    That is exactly what I was trying to say. Thanks for the clarification.

    jmcdon00 - that is one of the primary reasons I am supportive of legalization of marijuana. Legalization brings both regulation, which makes it safer, and taxation, which raises money. People who support the legalization of MJ simply because "there is no good reason for it to be illegal" miss the mark IMHO. Instead of showing why there isn't a good reason for it to be illegal, we need to demonstrate that there are good reasons for it to be legalized. THAT is how change is effected.

    Of course, we could just go around talking about how we know how it is on the street, and insult people when we see the opportunity... but in the real world that wouldn't get us very far.
    Thanks for clarifying. I like the idea of showing why it should be legal instead of why it shouldn't be illegal.

    I think the recent events on the border of mexico are giving many people a quick lesson in why it should be legal.

  5. #55
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,499

    Re:NFL concerned by marijuana 'epidemic' in draft

    NodakPaul wrote:
    Of course, we could just go around talking about how we know how it is on the street, and insult people when we see the opportunity... but in the real world that wouldn't get us very far.
    Jesus Christ... YOU'RE THE ONE THAT WAS INSULTING!!!!

    All I said was please read the articles (go back and see)... which if you had on page one (1), this whole conversation should have been avoided.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  6. #56
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re:NFL concerned by marijuana 'epidemic' in draft

    C Mac D wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:
    Of course, we could just go around talking about how we know how it is on the street, and insult people when we see the opportunity... but in the real world that wouldn't get us very far.
    Jesus Christ... YOU'RE THE ONE THAT WAS INSULTING!!!!

    All I said was please read the articles (go back and see)... which if you had on page one (1), this whole conversation should have been avoided.
    The funny part is you apparently don't even know when you are being insulting... You hack on North Dakota and cops, but go crying when someone calls you a Web Monkey (which is not an insult). And you STILL can't comprehend my point... That's OK though, others can.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  7. #57
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re:NFL concerned by marijuana 'epidemic' in draft

    jmcdon00 wrote:
    Thanks for clarifying. I like the idea of showing why it should be legal instead of why it shouldn't be illegal.

    I think the recent events on the border of mexico are giving many people a quick lesson in why it should be legal.
    Agreed.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  8. #58
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,279

    Re:NFL concerned by marijuana 'epidemic' in draft

    NodakPaul wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:
    Of course, we could just go around talking about how we know how it is on the street, and insult people when we see the opportunity... but in the real world that wouldn't get us very far.
    Jesus Christ... YOU'RE THE ONE THAT WAS INSULTING!!!!

    All I said was please read the articles (go back and see)... which if you had on page one (1), this whole conversation should have been avoided.
    The funny part is you apparently don't even know when you are being insulting... You hack on North Dakota and cops, but go crying when someone calls you a Web Monkey (which is not an insult). And you STILL can't comprehend my point... That's OK though, others can.
    Deja vu?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2DxyAGzGxM&NR=1

    *embedding is too difficult, if only I knew a good web monkey.
    ** I guess I just needed to post the url

  9. #59
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,499

    Re:NFL concerned by marijuana 'epidemic' in draft

    NodakPaul wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:
    Of course, we could just go around talking about how we know how it is on the street, and insult people when we see the opportunity... but in the real world that wouldn't get us very far.
    Jesus Christ... YOU'RE THE ONE THAT WAS INSULTING!!!!

    All I said was please read the articles (go back and see)... which if you had on page one (1), this whole conversation should have been avoided.
    The funny part is you apparently don't even know when you are being insulting... You hack on North Dakota and cops, but go crying when someone calls you a Web Monkey (which is not an insult). And you STILL can't comprehend my point... That's OK though, others can.
    I talk down to people who need to be talked down to (mostly children and cops). When I start name calling and throwing personal insults, let me know.

    But Man o man... I get your point. You don't think the Weed-Alcohol comparison is valid due to "Base rate fallacy"... correct?

    I mean, Jesus... even when I defend myself and lay out good arguments, you just say... "Oh, it's just C Mac... what a child." Come on... I've shown beyond a reasonable doubt that I understood your opinion and I still disagree... even providing reports and studies supporting my opinion... only to be called a pot-loving-web-monkey.

    This is total bull shit. Fuck you Nodak. For someone who holds himself in such high regards, you're nothing but a scared child, afraid of someone on a website who knows more about a topic than you... so call him names... I mean, you used to be a cop? Seriously? That's a terrifying concept.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  10. #60
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re:NFL concerned by marijuana 'epidemic' in draft

    C Mac D wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:
    Of course, we could just go around talking about how we know how it is on the street, and insult people when we see the opportunity... but in the real world that wouldn't get us very far.
    Jesus Christ... YOU'RE THE ONE THAT WAS INSULTING!!!!

    All I said was please read the articles (go back and see)... which if you had on page one (1), this whole conversation should have been avoided.
    The funny part is you apparently don't even know when you are being insulting... You hack on North Dakota and cops, but go crying when someone calls you a Web Monkey (which is not an insult). And you STILL can't comprehend my point... That's OK though, others can.
    I talk down to people who need to be talked down to (mostly children and cops). When I start name calling and throwing personal insults, let me know.

    But Man o man... I get your point. You don't think the Weed-Alcohol comparison is valid due to "Base rate fallacy"... correct?

    I mean, Jesus... even when I defend myself and lay out good arguments, you just say... "Oh, it's just C Mac... what a child." Come on... I've shown beyond a reasonable doubt that I understood your opinion and I still disagree... even providing reports and studies supporting my opinion... only to be called a pot-loving-web-monkey.

    This is total bull shit. Fuck you Nodak. For someone who holds himself in such high regards, you're nothing but a scared child, afraid of someone on a website who knows more about a topic than you... so call him names... I mean, you used to be a cop? Seriously? That's a terrifying concept.
    You edited this and this is how it came out? And you have the gall to call someone else a child?

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Tackling an epidemic
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-18-2013, 09:04 AM
  2. New, and a little concerned
    By GimmebackmyRice in forum Free Beer!
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-26-2010, 11:37 AM
  3. Loss of Lloyd has Carolina concerned
    By Marrdro in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-23-2010, 01:16 PM
  4. I'm a bit concerned.
    By triedandtruevikesfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 08-12-2006, 04:08 AM
  5. Is anyone else concerned with the offensive line?
    By vegasvikingguy in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 12-28-2005, 11:48 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •