Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

NFL.COM Power Rankings

POWER RANKINGS
    Current Team Previous
    1 New England Patriots 1
    And the beat goes on. The Patriots just might push that unbeaten season.
    2 Philadelphia Eagles 2
    Coming off the bye week, they get a chance for revenge against Carolina. Even if they win 75-0, it won't be equal to losing last January in the NFC title game.
    3 Indianapolis Colts 3
    If that defense continues to play like it did against the Raiders, they will be even better. We know the offense will score.
    4 Minnesota Vikings 6
    Will anybody be able to stop their offense? It looks like Daunte Culpepper has moved to the elite class.
    5 New York Jets 7
    After a date with San Francisco on Sunday, they have a huge one looming with the New England the following week. Be careful this week, Jets.
    6 Denver Broncos 9
    If not for a Quentin Griffin fumble late against Jacksonville, and thus a Mike Shanahan bonehead call, the Broncos would be unbeaten.
    7 Seattle Seahawks 4
    They will regret in a big way blowing that fourth-quarter lead to the Rams. The division was over if they won.
    8 Pittsburgh Steelers 10
    Big Ben is lighting it up in Pittsburgh and the Steelers are 4-1, and we love the way he plays. But have they really beaten anybody?
    9 New York Giants 12
    This is becoming a heck of a story. And to think they started at the bottom of these rankings.
    10 Atlanta Falcons 5
    Something doesn't seem right with that offense and Michael Vick. He just looks too tentative.
    11 St. Louis Rams 13
    What a comeback for Marc Bulger? That might have been a season-saver of a fourth quarter.
    12 Detroit Lions 15
    Steve Mariucci is doing a heck of a job with this team. Getting two road victories in four weeks is huge for a young team.
    13 Jacksonville Jaguars 8
    Has their defense been exposed as a fraud? It sure looks that way.
    14 Baltimore Ravens 14
    They won in vintage Ravens style against the Redskins, but can they keep doing that? Doesn't the offense have to come alive at some point?
    15 Dallas Cowboys 11
    The Cowboys are coming off a tough home loss with the hot Steelers on tap in Big D on Sunday.
    16 Tennessee Titans 19
    They survived the elimination game with the Packers. At 2-3, they're still alive. If they play like they did Monday night, they're more than alive.
    17 San Diego Chargers 23
    Let's give Marty Schottenheimer loads of credit for having this team at 3-2. And what about Drew Brees?
    18 Carolina Panthers 16
    They're staring 1-4 in the face heading to Philadelphia for an NFC-title game rematch with the rested Eagles. Can they climb out of that kind of hole?
    19 Kansas City Chiefs 25
    After an off week, their game at Jacksonville doesn't look nearly as daunting as it might have before. This team can turn it around.
    20 Houston Texans 20
    Love the way this team fights. David Carr is on his way to being something special.
    21 Oakland Raiders 22
    So much for this being a playoff-caliber team. Kerry Collins and the offense don't seem to be working.
    22 New Orleans Saints 18
    Figuring out this team is far too hard. Now the heat is on the coaching staff and the quarterback.
    23 Cleveland Browns 21
    The heat is on Butch Davis. All of the injuries might give him a reprieve this year.
    24 Cincinnati Bengals 26
    Maybe the bye week was a good thing for this young team. It hasn't all been Carson Palmer's fault, either. The defense has struggled.
    25 Green Bay Packers 17
    That was awful Monday night in every way imaginable. This is not a very good team right now. For this Green Bay group, the Pack won't be back.
    26 Washington Redskins 24
    Ouch. The offense is awful, which we never expected from a Joe Gibbs team. They had 107 yards of total offense against the Ravens. Yecch.
    27 Chicago Bears 27
    An off week was a good thing for this injury-plagued team as they ready to face another reeling team in the Redskins.
    28 San Francisco 49ers 32
    Give this young team credit. They kept fighting against the Cardinals and ended up with one heck of a victory. Was that the coming-out party for Tim Rattay?
    29 Arizona Cardinals 28
    Just when they look like they're ready to escape the abyss, they have a fourth-quarter fold against the 49ers.
    30 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 30
    The new era started all right, but did anybody think it would be the Brian Griese era? Griese was very good against the Saints coming off the bench.
    31 Buffalo Bills 29
    This will be a trying season for coach Mike Mularkey. He has to make sure there is no divide between the struggling offense and the good defense.
    32 Miami Dolphins 31
    It has finally happened. This team is at rock bottom. But, hey, look at the bright side. Ricky Weirdo wants back in.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

NFL.COM Power Rankings

I think for the most part, they're right on the money. I don't think the Vikes are QUITE at #4 yet, not with their defense. But I'd put them at about #8.
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

NFL.COM Power Rankings

I'll take four any day!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

pudgesoprano is offline Asst. Coach

NFL.COM Power Rankings

all i know is we should be third ahead of the colts
    Here s the most important thing: You can NEVER lose your sense of humor. Without that, you ve got NOTHING. (Divinci) James Belushi

NFL.COM Power Rankings

We will get the chance to prove that head-to-head soon enough...the DBs and the rest of the D had better be ready.

pudgesoprano is offline Asst. Coach

NFL.COM Power Rankings

there defense 32nd our 31st

our offense 1st theres 2nd

we got em
    Here s the most important thing: You can NEVER lose your sense of humor. Without that, you ve got NOTHING. (Divinci) James Belushi

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

NFL.COM Power Rankings

There's a few of these Power Polls. The Sporting News is pretty similar. It had the Vikes moving up 2 spots from 6th to 4th.

1. Patriots
    2. Eagles
    3. Colts
    4. Vikings
    5. Jets
    6. Seahawks
    7. Broncos
    8. Falcons
    9. Ravens
    10. Giants
    11. Steelers
    12. Rams
    13. Lions
    14. Cowboys
    15. Chefs
    16. Texans
    17. Titans
    18. Chargers
    19. Jaguars
    20. Panthers
    21. Redskins
    22. Bucs
    23. Puckers
    24. Raiders
    25. Browns
    26. Cardinals
    27. Bengals
    28. Saints
    29. Bills
    30. Bears
    31. 49ers
    32. Dolphins

Incidentally, the comments on the Vikes were:

The Vikings beat the hot Texans on the road. Their fourth-string RB was good for 32 touches and 182 yards, and Daunte Culpepper had his second 5-TD performance of the season. The defense, however, ranks last against the pass and must improve.

Here's the link: http://msn.foxsports.com/story/3076954

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

NFL.COM Power Rankings

Man i just want to see the eagle and patriots just drop from the number one and two. I hope they both lose this week. Getting tired of seeing them at the same place all the time.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

NFL.COM Power Rankings

"hawaiianvike21" wrote:
    Man i just want to see the eagle and patriots just drop from the number one and two. I hope they both lose this week. Getting tired of seeing them at the same place all the time.
    True that...I am also tired of seeing McCrab and Brady Bunch Boy getting more credit than they deserve!

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

NFL.COM Power Rankings

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "hawaiianvike21" wrote:
    True that...I am also tired of seeing McCrab and Brady Bunch Boy getting more credit than they deserve!
    Yep, daunte need some credit now with all these five td performances. You left out manning as well.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast