Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: NFL.com Poll

  1. #1
    Vikes_King's Avatar
    Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,104

    NFL.com Poll

    has anyone else seen the poll on NFL.com right now?
    I saw it and just thought "are you fucking kidding me...!?"

    Heres the question:

    What is the best NFC matchup of Week 1?
    Matt Ryan vs. the Lions
    Aaron Rodgers vs. the Vikings
    Kurt Warner vs. the 49ers
    J.T. O'Sullivan vs. the Cardinals


    I mean, I get that they say "matchup" and those are actually ok matches, but still lol





    http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

    "We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

    - Dan Calabrese

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,160

    Re: NFL.com Poll

    The Rodger/Vikings matchup is the best FOR the Vikings. Don't know how much of a "game" it's gonna be though, so maybe it isn't much of a matchup.
    WE CAN BUILD ON THIS!!!

    In AP I trust

  3. #3
    gregair13's Avatar
    gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    14,579

    Re: NFL.com Poll

    On NFLn there is a commercial about good fantasy starts this week and the guy said that Rodgers is a good start. The first time I saw it i couldn't stop laughing for like 15minutes and now I laugh as soon as he says it.
    We're bringing purple back.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,160

    Re: NFL.com Poll

    "gregair13" wrote:
    On NFLn there is a commercial about good fantasy starts this week and the guy said that Rodgers is a good start. The first time I saw it i couldn't stop laughing for like 15minutes and now I laugh as soon as he says it.
    Hey, he might not be so bad. Sacks don't count against the QB, right? So when he gets taken down, oh, let's say eight times, it won't affect his fantasy points. That is, of course, assuming he gets any to lose.
    WE CAN BUILD ON THIS!!!

    In AP I trust

  5. #5
    BleedinPandG is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    969

    Re: NFL.com Poll

    "farvathevikinglover" wrote:
    "gregair13" wrote:
    On NFLn there is a commercial about good fantasy starts this week and the guy said that Rodgers is a good start. The first time I saw it i couldn't stop laughing for like 15minutes and now I laugh as soon as he says it.
    Hey, he might not be so bad. Sacks don't count against the QB, right? So when he gets taken down, oh, let's say eight times, it won't affect his fantasy points. That is, of course, assuming he gets any to lose.
    Well, if you assume the Vikes will again have the best Run D in the NFL based on last years stats, then you have to assume GB will do more passing than running against the Vikings.
    If you also assume the Vikings will score some points based on their new offensive weapon and the maturing of TJack, you can assume GB will be playing from behind and need to throw more as well.
    Put those 2 things together and AaRod isn't a terrible bet compared to some especially if the Vikes Pass D is as bad as it was last year (lets hope not!)
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

  6. #6
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: NFL.com Poll

    Checked the prediction for Rodgers on NFL.com fantasy.

    Fantasy Analysis
    Rodgers has a lot of upside, but should only be trusted as a No. 2 Fantasy QB to open the season.
    I don't think that Rodgers is a good start in week 1 at all.
    The only advantage he has is going against a pass D that ranked in the lower third last year.
    However, given his OL issues and the bolstered Vikings D, I wouldn't start him unless the only other QB I had was TJack.

    BPandG, I also don't think that it is safe to assume that GB will be playing from behind.
    Certainly not enough to warrant changing their offensive game plan. I doubt that there will be more than a TD difference in points all game.
    However, that being said, GB is a pass first offense, especially considering that Grant misses all of training camp and preseason (and has yet to practice).
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  7. #7
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,500

    Re: NFL.com Poll

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    Checked the prediction for Rodgers on NFL.com fantasy.

    Fantasy Analysis
    Rodgers has a lot of upside, but should only be trusted as a No. 2 Fantasy QB to open the season.
    I don't think that Rodgers is a good start in week 1 at all.
    The only advantage he has is going against a pass D that ranked in the lower third last year.
    However, given his OL issues and the bolstered Vikings D, I wouldn't start him unless the only other QB I had was TJack.

    BPandG, I also don't think that it is safe to assume that GB will be playing from behind.
    Certainly not enough to warrant changing their offensive game plan. I doubt that there will be more than a TD difference in points all game.
    However, that being said, GB is a pass first offense, especially considering that Grant misses all of training camp and preseason (and has yet to practice).
    Haha... I am starting T-Jack, even though I have Eli Manning.

    Just want to see how it goes. I expect to lose, so I can only be pleasantly surprised, right?
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  8. #8
    El Vikingo's Avatar
    El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    4,358

    Re: NFL.com Poll

    homer
    El underdog.

  9. #9
    dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,051

    Re: NFL.com Poll

    even if i wasnt a vikings fan id pick aaron rodgers vs the vikes, the other 3 suck

    Pissing on the Pack since 08'

  10. #10
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: NFL.com Poll

    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    even if i wasnt a vikings fan id pick aaron rodgers vs the vikes, the other 3 suck
    Kurt Warner is going to light it up vs. the pathetic 49er pass defense.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Poll on NFL.com
    By mr.woo in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-02-2007, 07:46 AM
  2. NFL.com poll!
    By magicci in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-04-2006, 03:09 AM
  3. Poll on NFL.com
    By magicci in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-17-2005, 05:11 PM
  4. Not another poll
    By DemonicViking in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 02-19-2005, 02:00 PM
  5. NFL.com poll
    By pepper 0n moss in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-15-2004, 12:09 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •