Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Vikes is offline Team Alumni

NFL Coach of the Year

My vote for NFL head coach of the year is....

The Head Coach of the Lions: Rod Marinelli

Every Week this guy comes out with sometime postive to try and keep his team going. He has not quit on this team and that just impress me! I hate to see an NFC North team take the hit, here is hoping you get one real soon.

Way to play the cards you were delt Rod.

SKOL!

ALLEN PARK, Mich. (AP)—Detroit Lions coach Rod Marinelli insists he still believes in his team despite their winless record.

“I believe in the invisible,” Marinelli said Monday. “I think you go on and you have faith in what you do. If you don’t have it, you’re nothing. You’re not a man.”

At 0-1 or 0-13, Marinelli remarkably looks and sounds the same as his team marches toward NFL infamy.

“It’s just me,” he explained.

Marinelli’s players say the way the third-year head coach handles himself in a composed and determined fashion mirrors how he is behind closed doors.

“He looks you straight in the eye when he’s talking because he wants to see your heart and spirit,” said defensive tackle Chuck Darby, who played for Marinelli for five seasons in Tampa Bay. “He’s a straight-up guy.”

Read Entire Article:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Atg3Ar9cg8PqkoOxPjm_6d0dsLYF?slug=ap-lions-marinelli&prov=ap&type=lgns

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

NaughtyWord is offline Rookie

Re: NFL Coach of the Year

"Vikes" wrote:
    My vote for NFL head coach of the year is....

The Head Coach of the Lions: Rod Marinelli

Every Week this guy comes out with sometime postive to try and keep his team going. He has not quit on this team and that just impress me! I hate to see an NFC North team take the hit, here is hoping you get one real soon.

Way to play the cards you were delt Rod.

SKOL!

ALLEN PARK, Mich. (AP)—Detroit Lions coach Rod Marinelli insists he still believes in his team despite their winless record.

“I believe in the invisible,” Marinelli said Monday. “I think you go on and you have faith in what you do. If you don’t have it, you’re nothing. You’re not a man.”

At 0-1 or 0-13, Marinelli remarkably looks and sounds the same as his team marches toward NFL infamy.

“It’s just me,” he explained.

Marinelli’s players say the way the third-year head coach handles himself in a composed and determined fashion mirrors how he is behind closed doors.

“He looks you straight in the eye when he’s talking because he wants to see your heart and spirit,” said defensive tackle Chuck Darby, who played for Marinelli for five seasons in Tampa Bay. “He’s a straight-up guy.”

Read Entire Article:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Atg3Ar9cg8PqkoOxPjm_6d0dsLYF?slug=ap-lions-marinelli&prov=ap&type=lgns

Yeah, he'll be out of a job after the season.
    I hope Goodell chokes on his next meal.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

I feel bad for the guy.
    He is a good coach and has a great football resume.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Lions suck. I almost don't want him to keep his job because that team may never go anywhere.
    We're bringing purple back.

vikesfargo is offline Asst. Coach

I don't think it's Marinelli's fault. He seems like a good coach to me. I put the blame on former Lions GM Matt Millen. If the Lions need to clean house, they should probably keep Marinelli.

I would trade Culpepper, as he has value, and use the Lions' #1 draft pick on a quarterback. Kitna could mentor the up and coming quarterback.

Go Vikings!

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"vikesfargo" wrote:
    I don't think it's Marinelli's fault. He seems like a good coach to me. I put the blame on former Lions GM Matt Millen. If the Lions need to clean house, they should probably keep Marinelli.

I would trade Culpepper, as he has value, and use the Lions' #1 draft pick on a quarterback. Kitna could mentor the up and coming quarterback.
    I think they should keep Culpepper... in fact, I think they should keep him till he's 45. But that's just my $0.02.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I think they should have kept Millen.

"vikesfargo" wrote:

i would rather trade kitna. he is getting up in age and doesnt seem to be a good fit anymore for the lions

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    +1
    We're bringing purple back.

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

"gregair13" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    +1

Yes, that would have guaranteed them the cellar for another 3-5 years.

My vote would be for Smith, Sparano, Fisher or Dungy.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast