Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

The NFL is becoming a joke

Are you kidding me NFL!? Thanksgiving day football, a yearly tradition for all big football fans, and you give us this shit?

I mean, set aside the fact that the two nationally televised games are the 0-11 Lions vs the 10-1 Titans and the 7-4 Cowboys vs the 2-9 Seahawks -- I can get past that since the Lions and the Cowboys are Thanksgiving Day Football, put you have to be kidding me with the "safe" shit the NFL has been pulling ever since the Janet Jackson fiasco.

Demi Lovato to sing the opening ceremony?
    Fine.
    I can deal with one Disney star, since after all a few of them actually do have good voices and she did a decent job signing the National Anthem, but COME ON.

JONAS BROTHERS for the half time show!? YOU HAVE GOT TO BE FUCKING KIDDING ME!!
    Demi Lovato and The Jonas Brothers in one show? Is this High School Musical 4? For fucks sake, how about trying to bring in some guys that will appeal to people that are older than 16.
    Give the real fans something they'll enjoy...

This is just as bad as the Monday Night Football parade of celebrities

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Re: The NFL is becoming a joke

They are getting teeny boppers because they are still scared of boob

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

I'd rather see boob

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

This is a day that we are supposed to be thankful for all we have, which is a lot compared to many. In the big picture this is minor and it really is hard to predict the records teams will have when they make out the schedule.

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    This is a day that we are supposed to be thankful for all we have, which is a lot compared to many. In the big picture this is minor and it really is hard to predict the records teams will have when they make out the schedule.
    its hard to be thankful for having to listen to the Jonas Brothers sing

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

vikes2456 is offline Hall of Famer

I personally can't wait for the day the Jonas Brothers crash and burn.

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

The superbowl shows, with the exception of Tom Petty this past year, have been not necessarily horrible performances, but certainly not anything that should be combined with football.
    When is AC/DC going to do the Superbowl halftime show???
    They would be perfect!
    High energy, in your face, hard rock.
    They have also been around a long time, with a lot of success, and have a huge following.
    I just can't relate Paul McCartney sitting at a Piano or the California Raisins, I mean Rolling Stones, dancing on stage to any football play.
    But, when I can easily picture a huge hit when I hear Thunderstruck or TNT, or a defensive highlight reel when I hear Dirty Deeds, or an offensive highlight reel to You Shook me All Night.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"JDogg926" wrote:
    The superbowl shows, with the exception of Tom Petty this past year, have been not necessarily horrible performances, but certainly not anything that should be combined with football.
    They would be perfect!
    They have also been around a long time, with a lot of success, and have a huge following.
    I just can't relate Paul McCartney sitting at a Piano or the California Raisins, I mean Rolling Stones, dancing on stage to any football play.
    But, when I can easily picture a huge hit when I hear Thunderstruck or TNT, or a defensive highlight reel when I hear Dirty Deeds, or an offensive highlight reel to You Shook me All Night.
    How about Guns N Roses? I could do AC/DC. They play that song in the dome all the time.

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

G n' R would be another good one....
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

"marstc09" wrote:
    "JDogg926" wrote:
    They would be perfect!
    How about Guns N Roses? I could do AC/DC. They play that song in the dome all the time.
    My friend and I were just saying that.
    Both bands just came out with new CDs, get them on there! Just because Jonas Brothers and Demi Lovato have inflated sales totals because every girl age 10-17 has their albums, doesn't mean the majority of the public wants to listen to them.
    Get someone with mass appeal

- Dan Calabrese

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast