Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    gagarr is offline Team Alumni

Re: NFL announces new fan code of conduct

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    I didn't see anything on there about not mooning the Packers fans so I am still good.
    Obscene gestures maybe?

What is obscene about mooning a Packers fan? Hell, they would certainly be looking at something more attractive than most of their wives no matter who did the mooning. Then again it could put thoughts of infidelity into their heads so maybe it isn't such a good idea.
    Lambeau has a ban on naked sheep in the stadium
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    [size=12pt]NFL announces new fan code of conduct[/size]
    Updated: August 5, 2008, 2:16 PM EST

It includes bans on:

- Behavior that is unruly, disruptive, or illegal.

- Drunkenness and signs of alcohol impairment that result in irresponsible behavior.

- Foul or abusive language or obscene gestures.

- Interference with the progress of the game, including throwing objects onto the field.

- Failing to follow instructions of stadium personnel.

- Verbal or physical harassment of fans from the opposing team.
    I can't go to games anymore.
    I've sat with you, you are horrible

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

Ladies and Gentlemen...I've been to games in LA, Oakland, Houston, Phoenix, Denver, Dallas, St. Louis, Minnesota (thankfully, mucho games), Chicago, New York (Jets and Giants), Jacksonville, Tampa Bay, Miami, Baltimore, Philadelphia, Washington (in the Owner's box...thanks Daniel), Detroit, and Carolina.
    In my humble opinion, these "fan rules" are directed specifically at Eagles, Jets, and Raiders fans.
    Admittedly, I've not been to a game in New England, or Indy, or several others.....that said, Philly is THE ONE PLACE I WILL NEVER GO BACK TO.

I've also been to CFB games in many, many venues.......as a 'Husker's fan.
    Only one place, was a problem.....another discussion.

When you wear a Vikes jersey into a hostile environment, you garner a certain level of respect...did it at Giant's Stadium when Moon was our QB, CC was "the man," and Reeves outcoached Denny when we had the better Team.
    No problem, tight game...tailgaited, hung out, amongst Giant's fans...nola problema.

Been in Tampa, with a CC jersey on, when we were chanting "Vinny," "Vinny," "Vinny," when he sucked...and, ultimately, when he beat our ass.....tailgaited, played football with Bucs fans, drank afterwards...etc; no prob.

And so on, etc, and so on...the one place with significant issues was Philly.
    They suck.
    One example has Eagle's fans chanting, "ASSHOLE, ASSHOLE, ASSHOLE....." right behind a dad (in civilian clothes) walking with his 6, 7, or 8 year-old son in his Moss jersey.
    This was not an exception, it was commonplace in THE PARKING LOT BEFORE THE GAME.
    What a joke.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Haven't these always been kinda the rules?

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

Based on those rules, half the players in the NFL would be thrown out of the stadium.

And like MaxVike said, Philly fans are the worst...they even booed Santa Claus and threw snowballs at him.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Philly is the city of brotherly love. i dont believe it for a minute.

and at eskimos games, when i drink and the refs mess something up, i swear so much. the guy in front of me has called me out a few times and pretty much told me to stfu without swearing back at me. it was pretty awesome. my response was ill be here every week. also we have had our season tickets for longer so he would have to move if he doesnt like me. ahole
    We're bringing purple back.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

"gregair13" wrote:

and at eskimos games, when i drink and the refs mess something up, i swear so much. the guy in front of me has called me out a few times and pretty much told me to stfu without swearing back at me. it was pretty awesome. my response was ill be here every week. also we have had our season tickets for longer so he would have to move if he doesnt like me. ahole
    even better, here in winnipeg, ive got season tickets with 4 of my buddies, and we drink alot at the games..sure enough, the lady with season tickets next to us has 3 seats..one for her big fat ass, one for her 5000$ camera, and one for her laptop..a football game, and shes got a camera and a laptop..she doesnt sell these pictures, she takes them for herself, and uploads them onto her laptop during the game..this is the most pathetic display ive ever seen in a sports facility
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

"olson_10" wrote:
    "gregair13" wrote:

even better, here in winnipeg, ive got season tickets with 4 of my buddies, and we drink alot at the games..sure enough, the lady with season tickets next to us has 3 seats..one for her big fat ass, one for her 5000$ camera, and one for her laptop..a football game, and shes got a camera and a laptop..she doesnt sell these pictures, she takes them for herself, and uploads them onto her laptop during the game..this is the most pathetic display ive ever seen in a sports facility
    i would accidently spill my drink on her crap and hope she would never come back. of coarse it could be beer that i spilled, that is a waste. maybe buy a pop or something. usually before the games we go to 7-11 and get slurpees so i could get that on her crap.
    We're bringing purple back.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"olson_10" wrote:
    "gregair13" wrote:

even better, here in winnipeg, ive got season tickets with 4 of my buddies, and we drink alot at the games..sure enough, the lady with season tickets next to us has 3 seats..one for her big fat jiggly butt, one for her 5000$ camera, and one for her laptop..a football game, and shes got a camera and a laptop..she doesnt sell these pictures, she takes them for herself, and uploads them onto her laptop during the game..this is the most pathetic display ive ever seen in a sports facility
    The picture taking I can understand but wait til you get home before uploading them to the PC
    :
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer

You might as well close down the entire AFC West, because "rude, unruly behavior" is what they live for in their stadiums.

How about "no throwing batteries on the field at opposing players" (for Cleveland).

I consider the worst fan bases in terms of the "code" to be, in order of badness:
    1. Philly
    2. Oakland
    3. San Diego
    4. Denver
    5. Cleveland

I was out in San Diego last fall and watched the Vikings-Packers game in my hotel lobby with a bartender who was a Packers fan. He was an older guy and was cool and we got along well. But he had lived in SD for about 30 years and told me that the AFC West is the worst conference. The way he explained it was: "Oakland in the 1960s was like a motorcycle gang. This carried over to their fans, and then it carried over to the other fans, in the other AFC West cities". I remember an Oakland coach saying that Denver fans were the worst he had ever seen.

I am in overall agreement with the code, but I just hope it doesn't degenerate into political correctness.

In college football, they don't even let a guy celebrate after he has scored a TD. I hope the NFL is not going in that direction...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast