Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

NFC team reports: Impact newcomers

Vikings: TE Visanthe Shiancoe was brought in to add another level of athleticism to the team's tight end position. Shiancoe runs a 4.6 in the 40 and has soft hands, two key skills for tight ends. Most important, team officials believe he can get open against man-to-man coverage, something they didn't feel that TE Jermaine Wiggins could do in 2006. If Shiancoe fulfills his promise, he will make downfield receptions and also hold his own in the blocking department. Of course, no one knows if Shiancoe is capable of such a contribution. He was a backup to Jeremy Shockey in New York and did not make a notable impact during the times Shockey was injured.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn...c.php?t=217609
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Billy Boy is offline Hall of Famer

Re: NFC team reports: Impact newcomers

"Marrdro" wrote:

. Of course, no one knows if Shiancoe is capable of such a contribution. He was a backup to Jeremy Shockey in New York and did not make a notable impact during the times Shockey was injured.

One thing I don't get is if Shiancoe has so much potential, why the Giant's didn't use him more last year (and before) when Shockey was playing injured and wk 17 when Shockey was out.
    Not much has been said of him at the camps either.

All the kids my age pee their pants, it's the coolest.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Billy" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

. Of course, no one knows if Shiancoe is capable of such a contribution. He was a backup to Jeremy Shockey in New York and did not make a notable impact during the times Shockey was injured.

One thing I don't get is if Shiancoe has so much potential, why the Giant's didn't use him more last year (and before) when Shockey was playing injured and wk 17 when Shockey was out.
    Not to stick up for the Rocket scientists they have for coaches in the ole Apple, however, maybe they were trying to keep him a secret.
    ;D

Seriously, who knows.
    Probably for the same reason we under utilized a certain TE and a couple of young WR last year.
    :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer

"Billy" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

You mean why didn't they make a back up a significant part of the offensive scheme when shockey was out?
    Hrmm probably because they had to feed the ego's of Plexiglass and Tiki without bruising Shockey's ego when he wasn't in the ball game.
    Shockey was already bitching about his lack of looks before he was nursing his injuries.
    Can you imagine the pouting spree he would have gone on if Schiancoe came in and caught 7 balls for 80 yards and a TD?

Billy Boy is offline Hall of Famer

"seaniemck7" wrote:
    "Billy" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

You mean why didn't they make a back up a significant part of the offensive scheme when shockey was out?
    Hrmm probably because they had to feed the ego's of Plexiglass and Tiki without bruising Shockey's ego when he wasn't in the ball game.
    Shockey was already bitching about his lack of looks before he was nursing his injuries.
    Can you imagine the pouting spree he would have gone on if Schiancoe came in and caught 7 balls for 80 yards and a TD?
    Thats along the the lines of what I was thinking of too.
    When Shockey was out they just stopped throwing the ball to the TE.
    Its not like a TE other then Shiancoe was getting time or that Shiancoe was dropping balls they just stopped throwing to tight ends.

All the kids my age pee their pants, it's the coolest.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Who cares about his past?
    The time is now...for him and for returning players like TWill to show that they can perform.
    IF they do, we are set...if they don't, we cut them and move on!
    I am hoping for the former!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Much like Chester T., was a backup to JL in Baltimore, and all the na sayers came out of the woodwork when we picked him up, I'm hopeing we can have the same outcome with Shico......

CT ended up being a solid player for us and I can say he was one of the brighter spots on our O last season.
    If Shico can come in and be as productive a player for us as CT did, I'll be more than happy with that. Sometimes good talent is under used and overlooked, just because of the fact that a headliner type named player starts in front of him.
    Sometimes not justifiably either...

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.