Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

NFC rankings: cornerbacks (AFC Article Included)

[size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]NFC rankings: cornerbacks [/size] [/size] [/size] [/size] [/size] [/size] [/size] [/size] [/size] [/size] [/size] [/size]

In the first installment of Sporting News' offseason position rankings, SN's correspondents break down the cornerbacks in the NFC.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn...c.php?t=408428
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Re: NFC rankings: cornerbacks (AFC Article Included)

[size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]AFC rankings: cornerbacks [/size] [/size] [/size] [/size] [/size] [/size] [/size] [/size] [/size] [/size] [/size] [/size]

In the first installment of Sporting News' offseason position rankings, SN's correspondents break down the cornerbacks in the AFC.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn...c.php?t=408426
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

I wonder if our CB's will be ranked higher after a year of having a pass rush from our front 4 on the DL?
    ;D

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

i was amazed we were ranked 4th...
    I'm still not sold on Griffin but i'd liked to be suprised upcomming season
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

Sorry, but I don't agree that our top 3 corners combined are better than the Bears' top 3.
    Hopefully the youngsters pull it together this year, but right now I'd say all 3 guys, Vasher, Tillman, and Manning, are more proven than our young guys.
    Winfield is the best corner though.
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

"jkjuggalo" wrote:
    Sorry, but I don't agree that our top 3 corners combined are better than the Bears' top 3.
    Hopefully the youngsters pull it together this year, but right now I'd say all 3 guys, Vasher, Tillman, and Manning, are more proven than our young guys.
    Winfield is the best corner though.
    I agree, Vasher and Tillman (I love Tillman! he's maybe my favorit active Bears player) are both better than Griffin, but Winfield is better than any of them. I would also rank the Bears' CBs in front of the Vikings' CBs cause I'd rather have two good, soild CBs than one great and one decent.

Also, I looked at the top NFC Cornerbacks (it actually said "AFC", but that was probably a mistake) and Winfield is ranked as # 3 (in front of Al Harris), gotta like that!

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

like i've said in another thread.

the DE addition of Jared is gonna raise the level of play from all facets of the D.

the pass rush will give a lot. and i mean a LOT of benefits to lb's, cb's, and safety's.
    This will be the year we can judge them, criticize them. and if we need.. rip them apart as only fans and hack beat writers can.

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer

I love the way Antwoine Winfield plays.

Unlike, say, Dallas, we can tackle, too.

What I didn't like and what I don't agree with in that article is that Griffin "presses" well at the line of scrimmage. I just have seen him let the WR drift by him too many times. I know that it depends on down and distance and what the coverage is, but I just didn't see us "press" or "jam" on the LOS well in 2007.

Our tackling is excellent, however.

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

i liked that little side caption, although it was a typo that said AFC instead of NFC:

Top five AFC corners
    1. Marcus Trufant, Seahawks
    2. Asante Samuel, Eagles
    3. Antoine Winfield, Vikings
    4. Al Harris, Packers
    5. Nate Clements, 49ers
    Glad Winfield got some recognition, was going to be pissed if he got completely shafted again

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

4. Vikings. Antoine Winfield -- perhaps the NFL's best tackling corner -- and Cedric Griffin do a good job of pressing receivers. Charles Gordon might be the best cover guy among three players vying for the nickel job.
    Add McCauley and Benny Sapp, IMO we have a great set of CBs that are young unlike the aging Packers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast