Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: NFC Playoff Picture: Giants are miles ahead of the competition

"gagarr" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    Giants will play their starters it worked last year and look what happened for them. That being said I do not care I would rather they did play their starters.

I also think they are over rated. It is a personal opinion for which I have absolutely nothing to back it up but homer instinct. I feel when we play the Giants we will own them. The only thing that scares me about the Giants are the fast ends and batted down passes.

Gus has a fast release but it is low, the Giants are one of the best deflection teams in the NFL that is killer. Not to mention their DE's are likely to decapitate Gus.

I look forward to this game.
    Giants played their starters in the last game in 2007, because they didn't have home field locked up.
    But also winning wouldn't affect their playoff position.
    The KEY was they were playing the Pats in that final game, they wanted to be the team that knocked them off and the Pats weren't going to mail it in.
    Mailing it in against them would have been a disgrace and piss off the fans.

Against the Vikes it's different.
    There would be nothing at stake and lots to lose.
    MN will be going in hard and could be dangerous.

I truly believe the Giants will mail it in if they have home field locked up.
    Good points. I hope they have home field when they play us.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    Did ya notice the beach chair logos on the final four on the beach in the article. One was the Vikings.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"marstc09" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    Did ya notice the beach chair logos on the final four on the beach in the article. One was the Vikings.
    I hope we are in the final two

NaughtyWord is offline Rookie

"gagarr" wrote:
    If the Vikes lose to the Lions I will cry, but lets just say that's a win.

The game is a big time trap.
    Statistically speaking, it's about as difficult to go 0-16 as it is to go 16-0, Detroit will probably win a game somewhere along the line.
    What's even more troubling is the amount of pressure on Minnesota and this game.
    These upsets usually happen on divisional games as players put on a show for them.
    We need to play Detroit as if this is the Superbowl, this is a team that if we fall asleep, underestimate, or take lightly, it could cost us the game.

I'm confident that we can win this game, but taking this game for granted is not a good idea.
    I hope Goodell chokes on his next meal.

erik5032 is offline Star Spokesman

"NaughtyWord" wrote:
    "gagarr" wrote:

Statistically speaking, it's about as difficult to go 0-16 as it is to go 16-0, Detroit will probably win a game somewhere along the line.
    What's even more troubling is the amount of pressure on Minnesota and this game.
    These upsets usually happen on divisional games as players put on a show for them.
    We need to play Detroit as if this is the Superbowl, this is a team that if we fall asleep, underestimate, or take lightly, it could cost us the game.

I'm confident that we can win this game, but taking this game for granted is not a good idea.
    Wouldn't it be awesome if 0-15 Detroit went into Lambeau and destroyed them lmao.... i would die of happiness

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"erik5032" wrote:
    "NaughtyWord" wrote:
    "gagarr" wrote:

Wouldn't it be awesome if 0-15 Detroit went into Lambeau and destroyed them lmao.... i would die of happiness
    if that meant the packers would miss the playoffs, i'd love it, but if it had no playoff implications, I'd much rather have the lions go 0-16.

Yfz01 is offline Asst. Coach

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "gagarr" wrote:
    I expect the Giants to mail in their last game having locked up the home field advantage.

So that's 2.

But I don't think that's enough.
    Both the Bears and GB don't have any good teams on their schedule left... except eachother.

If the Vikes drop the Cards and Altlanta game, which are very possible, because
    * the Cards are a high flying passing game and out pass rush will be hampered.
    * Atlanta is a run first but has a quality passer in Ryan, and our run stoppers will be out.

If GB wins out (Texans, Jags, Bears, Lions) and the Bears win their other 3 (Jags, Saints, Texans)

Then the Vikes will be in a 3 way tie for the division, which unfortunately GB will win because they will have a 5-1 division record.

To have the Vikes keep control they need to beat either the Cards or Falcons.

I'm betting on the Cards. If they beat the Rams this week, they lock up the division with NO chance of getting a 1st week bye.
    So they might not be working 100%, being winning won't do anything for the playoffs.

Plus, I'm going to be at the Cards game and the Cards like to choke.
    Sure they beat the Vikes last time, but they were underdogs, as favorites I think they will CHOKE.

Only advantage on the Falcons is playing in the Dome.
    Like the analysis, however, I don't think the Giants are gonna mail anything in.

One only needs to look back to last year (how they played the Pats) to see what their coaching staff will do to ensure their team is ready to go for the playoffs.

Besides, I don't think they have forgot the the jiggly butt whoopin we put on them last year.
    If you go back and look, I believe you will find out that that loss (to us) was the only one they didn't avenge. :
    That was a different situation... Do you really think that the Giants want us to play them(with their starters) as tough as they played the Patriots last year?

The hardest game on our schedule is the Cards and they are VERY one dimensional.
    You know what happens to Allen when the other team is forced to pass the ball.

The Falcons won't be that difficult because we play them in the Dome.
    Even with as good as Matt Ryan has played, rookies usually don't play that well in the dome. We also can shutdown their running game, and they do not play good when that happens.

The Lions will be an easy win, hopefully

The Giants should rest there starters but even if they don't we will have a shot.
    We are great at stopping the run(although they demolished the Ravens run defense
    ) so they will be forced to pass.
    Once that happens, it's Jared Allen/K-Will time.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Yfz01" wrote:
    That was a different situation... Do you really think that the Giants want us to play them(with their starters) as tough as they played the Patriots last year?

The hardest game on our schedule is the Cards and they are VERY one dimensional.

Even with as good as Matt Ryan has played, rookies usually don't play that well in the dome. We also can shutdown their running game, and they do not play good when that happens.

The Giants should rest there starters but even if they don't we will have a shot.
    We are great at stopping the run(although they demolished the Ravens run defense
    So let me see if I am tracking....

Sounds to me like you are giving us a win against the

a.
    Cards:
    They are one dimensional and JA will turn into a sack monster = Win for us

b.
    Falcons: Easy win cause we are playing them in the dome = Win for us

c.
    Lions:
    Well, they are the Lions so I agree = Win for us.

That puts us at 10-5 going into the last game.
    Again, if I am tracking what you are saying, you think we will have a playoff spot locked and won't play our starters against them?...... :

Hope your right, however, I still think we will get a win against the Lions, will struggle but will get a win against the Cards and will play a close one but drop one to the Falcons and the Giants will come looking for revenge and will beat us.

By my count thats 9-7.
    I like your scenario better but think mine is a bit more realistic.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Yfz01" wrote:

So let me see if I am tracking....

Sounds to me like you are giving us a win against the

a.
    Cards:
    They are one dimensional and JA will turn into a sack monster = Win for us

b.
    Falcons: Easy win cause we are playing them in the dome = Win for us

c.
    Lions:
    Well, they are the Lions so I agree = Win for us.

That puts us at 10-5 going into the last game.
    Again, if I am tracking what you are saying, you think we will have a playoff spot locked and won't play our starters against them?...... :

Hope your right, however, I still think we will get a win against the Lions, will struggle but will get a win against the Cards and will play a close one but drop one to the Falcons and the Giants will come looking for revenge and will beat us.

By my count thats 9-7.
    I like your scenario better but think mine is a bit more realistic.

;D
    No way we rest our starters.
    If we rest anyone, its Frerotte, we don't need him needing help off the field every second play, especially against a pass rush like the giants.
    Give jackson some playing time, and hopefully he'll do well enough for chilly to trust him if he ever needs to come in during a game.
    Everyone else can play, because if we have the division, there's always the chance of moving up in the seeding.
    Right now we're tied with the cards, and have a very real shot at moving up to the third seed.
    If the panthers and bucs falter, and we're sitting 3-0 in the last 4 games with one left, for all you know we could be looking at a first round bye (unrealistic, but still a possibility)
    We should not rest our players unless we have the top seed.

was fumbling around google search and came across this site

http://www.playoffstatus.com/nfl/nfcstandings.html

gives all the senerios for what it takes to get in . of course simplest route is vikes win bears lose. but interesting either way to look at all the different senerios

if you click the vikings , then on the left it will give you a bunch of options for seeing the different senerios

http://justlube.net/?page_id=44

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast