Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Re: NFC Playoff Picture: Giants are miles ahead of the competition

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    Did ya notice the beach chair logos on the final four on the beach in the article. One was the Vikings.
    I did...I smirked as we were finally getting some respect. Then I read the article.
    :'(

Del Rio is offline Coordinator

Giants will play their starters it worked last year and look what happened for them. That being said I do not care I would rather they did play their starters.

I also think they are over rated. It is a personal opinion for which I have absolutely nothing to back it up but homer instinct. I feel when we play the Giants we will own them. The only thing that scares me about the Giants are the fast ends and batted down passes.

Gus has a fast release but it is low, the Giants are one of the best deflection teams in the NFL that is killer. Not to mention their DE's are likely to decapitate Gus.

I look forward to this game.
    If you promise to be smarter, I will promise to be nicer.

My posts are worth 6 of yours.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"Del" wrote:
    Giants will play their starters it worked last year and look what happened for them. That being said I do not care I would rather they did play their starters.

I also think they are over rated. It is a personal opinion for which I have absolutely nothing to back it up but homer instinct. I feel when we play the Giants we will own them. The only thing that scares me about the Giants are the fast ends and batted down passes.

Gus has a fast release but it is low, the Giants are one of the best deflection teams in the NFL that is killer. Not to mention their DE's are likely to decapitate Gus.

I like your assesment and have to agree with pretty much all of it.

The fact that the Browns OWNED the Giants earlier this year makes me think they're not all as good as everyone thinks. But I've had a chance to watch a lot of their games this season, and they sure are an entertaining team.

I can't wait for this game either, I'll have a lot of bets around the office.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

The funny thing is that everyone said that the Giants winning the Super Bowl was a fluke, and that they wouldn't even make the playoffs this year.

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

"digital420" wrote:
    ok.. this is kinda how i see it.

Game 1. Kittnes.. never good to say a team is a walk over.. but.. i think we will bullrush them and move to 8 - 5..

gus will have some open wr's, quick routes and lots of AP/CT will give us a hard faught win.. that and fumblepepper will toss a couple pics.. and prolly meet JAllen headon..

Game 2 Cards...
    this will be a tell tale game of Where we are as a team.. they have exceptional wr's, and it should come down to who posssess the ball in the end..
    very winnable... very looseable

Game 3 falcons..
    rookie qb.. again they have the air/ground attack that's not GREAT.. but with their stingy D it's enouf.. this will be a brutal D game.. IF we hvae the williams wall.. i believe we can come up in front.. IF we are able to run.. watch to see who gets on top first.. and holds the other forcing passing instead of rock pounding ground game.

winnable.. easily loosable

game 4. Giants... hmm... sooo many things can happen here.. last year they didn't rest anyone.. and look what happened.. this year.. maybe they might consider it.. maybe not.. either way.. it's all about who gets the preasure on littleManning and if we can disrupt their air attacks.. on the ground.. IF we have the wall.. we can turn them 1 dimensional.

2/4 is cutting it close for playoffs... 3/4 gives us the spot..
    we gottta want it!!

now.. the real question is... are you satisfied if we make the playoffs in the Bchill 3rd year?

DiGiTaL
    My take:

1. We can beat the Lions if the Vikes don't have 3 TO's, especially AD coughing it up twice killing a 9 and 5 play drives into Detroit territory

2. Cards.
    I lived in AZ for 20 years.
    Cards have been a joke except 1 year.
    But don't overlook them this year.
    Their passing attack will shred the Vikes if the Vikes don't bring pressure like they did against the Bears.
    Without K&P's push, the Cards could easily win this.

3. Falcons.
    Ryan 91.2 QB rating.
    Turner 3rd best back in leauge.
    They have already beat Det, GB, and Chi. Another team where not having K&P will hurt.
    If Falcons beat to NO and TB they will be winning the south and will be fired up.

4. Giants.... If the Giants win 2 of the next 3, Philly, Dallas, Car, or Tampa/Car lose one, Giants will have home field throught the playoffs and will mail it in with 2nd stringers.
    I'm cheering on the Giants to make this an easy win.

I see 2 sure wins and 2 which Vikes will be underdogs.

Whether a 9-7 will be enough depends more on how GB plays than the Bears, IMO.
    If GB wins out which is possible since they have, Houston, @ Jack, @Chi, Det.
    If they do they will win a 9-7 tie breaker going 5-1 in the division.
    The GB-Chi game is key to tipping it in Vikes favor or away.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

"Del" wrote:

Giants played their starters in the last game in 2007, because they didn't have home field locked up.
    But also winning wouldn't affect their playoff position.
    The KEY was they were playing the Pats in that final game, they wanted to be the team that knocked them off and the Pats weren't going to mail it in.
    Mailing it in against them would have been a disgrace and piss off the fans.

Against the Vikes it's different.
    There would be nothing at stake and lots to lose.
    MN will be going in hard and could be dangerous.

I truly believe the Giants will mail it in if they have home field locked up.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"gagarr" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:

Giants played their starters in the last game in 2007, because they didn't have home field locked up.
    The KEY was they were playing the Pats in that final game, they wanted to be the team that knocked them off and the Pats weren't going to mail it in.

They also played their starters, because they didn't want to be the team that the pats beat to go 16-0, I'm sure that had more of an impact on why they played than anything else.
    They couldn't lock up home field advantage at that point, and they weren't going to move up in the seeds, since they were #5, any higher and they would have to win the division.
    They're in a different position this year, they've locked up home field (almost) they're going to have a bye, they might rest their starters.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "gagarr" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:

They also played their starters, because they didn't want to be the team that the pats beat to go 16-0, I'm sure that had more of an impact on why they played than anything else.
    They couldn't lock up home field advantage at that point, and they weren't going to move up in the seeds, since they were #5, any higher and they would have to win the division.
    They're in a different position this year, they've locked up home field (almost) they're going to have a bye, they might rest their starters.
    Both excellent points and the reason I feel we won't see them.
    However, Expect them to play their starters if we and the bears are deadlocked to keep us out and to keep from possibly seeing us again. I would have to beleie that most teams would rather see the Bears in the playoffs than AD and our defense.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "gagarr" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:

Both excellent points and the reason I feel we won't see them.
    However, Expect them to play their starters if we and the bears are deadlocked to keep us out and to keep from possibly seeing us again. I would have to beleie that most teams would rather see the Bears in the playoffs than AD and our defense.
    but would they risk the health of their starters to do so?
    IF they decide to do something like that, its important for us to come out to an early lead, they may give up and put in their starters then try to play catch-up.
    if they come out on top and shut us down early, they may leave the starters in.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"gagarr" wrote:
    If the Vikes lose to the Lions I will cry, but lets just say that's a win.
    I expect the Giants to mail in their last game having locked up the home field advantage.

So that's 2.

But I don't think that's enough.
    Both the Bears and GB don't have any good teams on their schedule left... except eachother.

If the Vikes drop the Cards and Altlanta game, which are very possible, because
    * the Cards are a high flying passing game and out pass rush will be hampered.
    * Atlanta is a run first but has a quality passer in Ryan, and our run stoppers will be out.

If GB wins out (Texans, Jags, Bears, Lions) and the Bears win their other 3 (Jags, Saints, Texans)

Then the Vikes will be in a 3 way tie for the division, which unfortunately GB will win because they will have a 5-1 division record.

To have the Vikes keep control they need to beat either the Cards or Falcons.

I'm betting on the Cards. If they beat the Rams this week, they lock up the division with NO chance of getting a 1st week bye.
    So they might not be working 100%, being winning won't do anything for the playoffs.

Plus, I'm going to be at the Cards game and the Cards like to choke.
    Sure they beat the Vikes last time, but they were underdogs, as favorites I think they will CHOKE.

Only advantage on the Falcons is playing in the Dome.
    Lets hope the Bears get revenge on Green Bay. I think the Bears will lose to the Saints. The Bears pass D is not very good.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast