Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

NFC Playoff Picture: Giants are miles ahead of the competition

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?page=hotread12/nfcplayoffpicture

It's no accident that the Vikings have won all four of his 100-yard games.
    they almost certainly will win the division if they defeat Detroit on Sunday and then win one of their three remaining games to finish 9-7.

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

Re: NFC Playoff Picture: Giants are miles ahead of the competition

If the Vikes lose to the Lions I will cry, but lets just say that's a win.
    I expect the Giants to mail in their last game having locked up the home field advantage.

So that's 2.

But I don't think that's enough.
    Both the Bears and GB don't have any good teams on their schedule left... except eachother.

If the Vikes drop the Cards and Altlanta game, which are very possible, because
    * the Cards are a high flying passing game and out pass rush will be hampered.
    * Atlanta is a run first but has a quality passer in Ryan, and our run stoppers will be out.

If GB wins out (Texans, Jags, Bears, Lions) and the Bears win their other 3 (Jags, Saints, Texans)

Then the Vikes will be in a 3 way tie for the division, which unfortunately GB will win because they will have a 5-1 division record.

To have the Vikes keep control they need to beat either the Cards or Falcons.

I'm betting on the Cards. If they beat the Rams this week, they lock up the division with NO chance of getting a 1st week bye.
    So they might not be working 100%, being winning won't do anything for the playoffs.

Plus, I'm going to be at the Cards game and the Cards like to choke.
    Sure they beat the Vikes last time, but they were underdogs, as favorites I think they will CHOKE.

Only advantage on the Falcons is playing in the Dome.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"gagarr" wrote:
    If the Vikes lose to the Lions I will cry, but lets just say that's a win.
    I expect the Giants to mail in their last game having locked up the home field advantage.

So that's 2.

But I don't think that's enough.
    Both the Bears and GB don't have any good teams on their schedule left... except eachother.

If the Vikes drop the Cards and Altlanta game, which are very possible, because
    * the Cards are a high flying passing game and out pass rush will be hampered.
    * Atlanta is a run first but has a quality passer in Ryan, and our run stoppers will be out.

If GB wins out (Texans, Jags, Bears, Lions) and the Bears win their other 3 (Jags, Saints, Texans)

Then the Vikes will be in a 3 way tie for the division, which unfortunately GB will win because they will have a 5-1 division record.

To have the Vikes keep control they need to beat either the Cards or Falcons.

I'm betting on the Cards. If they beat the Rams this week, they lock up the division with NO chance of getting a 1st week bye.
    So they might not be working 100%, being winning won't do anything for the playoffs.

Plus, I'm going to be at the Cards game and the Cards like to choke.
    Sure they beat the Vikes last time, but they were underdogs, as favorites I think they will CHOKE.

Only advantage on the Falcons is playing in the Dome.
    Like the analysis, however, I don't think the Giants are gonna mail anything in.

One only needs to look back to last year (how they played the Pats) to see what their coaching staff will do to ensure their team is ready to go for the playoffs.

Besides, I don't think they have forgot the the ass whoopin we put on them last year.
    If you go back and look, I believe you will find out that that loss (to us) was the only one they didn't avenge. :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

ok.. this is kinda how i see it.

Game 1. Kittnes.. never good to say a team is a walk over.. but.. i think we will bullrush them and move to 8 - 5..
    gus will have some open wr's, quick routes and lots of AP/CT will give us a hard faught win.. that and fumblepepper will toss a couple pics.. and prolly meet JAllen headon..

Game 2 Cards...
    this will be a tell tale game of Where we are as a team.. they have exceptional wr's, and it should come down to who posssess the ball in the end..
    very winnable... very looseable

Game 3 falcons..
    rookie qb.. again they have the air/ground attack that's not GREAT.. but with their stingy D it's enouf.. this will be a brutal D game.. IF we hvae the williams wall.. i believe we can come up in front.. IF we are able to run.. watch to see who gets on top first.. and holds the other forcing passing instead of rock pounding ground game.
    winnable.. easily loosable

game 4. Giants... hmm... sooo many things can happen here.. last year they didn't rest anyone.. and look what happened.. this year.. maybe they might consider it.. maybe not.. either way.. it's all about who gets the preasure on littleManning and if we can disrupt their air attacks.. on the ground.. IF we have the wall.. we can turn them 1 dimensional.

2/4 is cutting it close for playoffs... 3/4 gives us the spot..
    we gottta want it!!

now.. the real question is... are you satisfied if we make the playoffs in the Bchill 3rd year?

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

Vikeman is offline Asst. Coach

"marstc09" wrote:
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?page=hotread12/nfcplayoffpicture

It's no accident that the Vikings have won all four of his 100-yard games.
    they almost certainly will win the division if they defeat Detroit on Sunday and then win one of their three remaining games to finish 9-7.
    One team, I won't mention the name, was miles ahead of the comp. last season too...and we all know how that turned out!
    A good friend will help you move...a best friend will help you move a body.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"digital420" wrote:
    ok.. this is kinda how i see it.

Game 1. Kittnes.. never good to say a team is a walk over.. but.. i think we will bullrush them and move to 8 - 5..

gus will have some open wr's, quick routes and lots of AP/CT will give us a hard faught win.. that and fumblepepper will toss a couple pics.. and prolly meet JAllen headon..

Game 2 Cards...
    this will be a tell tale game of Where we are as a team.. they have exceptional wr's, and it should come down to who posssess the ball in the end..
    very winnable... very looseable

Game 3 falcons..
    rookie qb.. again they have the air/ground attack that's not GREAT.. but with their stingy D it's enouf.. this will be a brutal D game.. IF we hvae the williams wall.. i believe we can come up in front.. IF we are able to run.. watch to see who gets on top first.. and holds the other forcing passing instead of rock pounding ground game.

winnable.. easily loosable

game 4. Giants... hmm... sooo many things can happen here.. last year they didn't rest anyone.. and look what happened.. this year.. maybe they might consider it.. maybe not.. either way.. it's all about who gets the preasure on littleManning and if we can disrupt their air attacks.. on the ground.. IF we have the wall.. we can turn them 1 dimensional.

2/4 is cutting it close for playoffs... 3/4 gives us the spot..
    we gottta want it!!

now.. the real question is... are you satisfied if we make the playoffs in the Bchill 3rd year?

DiGiTaL
    I don't think the Gmen will play their starters vs. us. They played last year not to keep fresh but to prevent history/play spoiler. Remember the Pats were going for history and had been running up the score. I think it had more to do with pride then getting ready for the playoffs. ELi and Co may play a half.

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

I'd like to secure it by Beating the Lions and beat the Cardinals. We can take them down, they are way overrated. Check out the division they are playing in. Hopeless. Sure they have Warner and 2 great receivers.. But that doesn't mean your a great team. Limit Warner and you win the game.
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"Mr-holland" wrote:
    I'd like to secure it by Beating the Lions and beat the Cardinals. We can take them down, they are way overrated. Check out the division they are playing in. Hopeless. Sure they have Warner and 2 great receivers.. But that doesn't mean your a great team. Limit Warner and you win the game.
    I too think that they should have 6 wins in that division this year. However, our division is no toughman compition either. The truth is divisional teams play each other tough in every division.

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

we got to play the kitties and 2 at home ,I don´t count Zona cause Tim (not Hightower) will be there,we definetively gotta be in the playoffs,besides I don´t think the lately lousy Bears win out...
    El underdog.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Did ya notice the beach chair logos on the final four on the beach in the article. One was the Vikings.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast