marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

NFC North - Season-in-review team reports

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/Features/NFL+Features/2009/tmnfcnorth.htm

Re: NFC North - Season-in-review team reports

"marstc09" wrote:
    Vikings won’t hesitate to find a starting-caliber right tackle, receiver or cornerback to bolster what could be a strong contender in a shaky division next season. All that keeps this team from being a Super Bowl favorite is a quarterback, and the club has a very tough decision of how to remedy that.
    More people saying the same thing.

1. QB
    2. RT
    3. WR or CB

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

"marstc09" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    Vikings won’t hesitate to find a starting-caliber right tackle, receiver or cornerback to bolster what could be a strong contender in a shaky division next season. All that keeps this team from being a Super Bowl favorite is a quarterback, and the club has a very tough decision of how to remedy that.

1. QB
    2. RT
    3. WR or CB
    It's actually nice to see a writer do a bit more than say "the Vikings QBs suck".
    In my mind the only reason we need help at CB is for depth behind Winnie when he does decide to retire.
    I'd prefer a stud DT to study under Phat Pat unless the staff already thinks we have that person.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Sounds like Marrdro, Cmac,
    Mars09, or any number of the members here wrote that article, it appears whomever did, pays attention to PPO. Anyhow it's a no-brainer what we need to take that next step.

"PurpleTide" wrote:

Sounds like Marrdro, Cmac,
    Mars09, or any number of the members here wrote that article, it appears whomever did, pays attention to PPO. Anyhow it's a no-brainer what we need to take that next step.
    We'll see... while a stronger QB may help... I believe that QB (short of being a HOF'er in his prime) is going to need improved play out of both the O Line and WRs.
    A good enough QB could possibly carry those 2 units through quick decisions and amazingly accurate throws but you don't find those sorts of QBs on the Free Agent market in today's NFL.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"marstc09" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:

1. QB
    2. RT
    3. WR or CB
    That's a no-brainer, but one vital key is missing...

Center

If Birk won't be back, we are putting all our eggs into the basket of Sullivan who is unproven & unknown.

How many snaps has he even seen as a Viking?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"singersp" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:

1. QB
    2. RT
    3. WR or CB

Center

If Birk won't be back, we are putting all our eggs into the basket of Sullivan who is unproven & unknown.

Cook was also a center and it's still unknown if Birk will be returning.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:

1. QB
    2. RT
    3. WR or CB

Center

Cook was also a center and it's still unknown if Birk will be returning.
    I wonder if he'd be better in his original position...

"singersp" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:

1. QB
    2. RT
    3. WR or CB

Center

There comes a time when you need to see if the two guys you drafted to be Center can play. Cook was a 2nd round pick and Sullivan was projected as one of the best centers in the draft who somehow fell to the 6th round. I just don't know what the staff is thinking. Not heard much about it. If they already decided if they can't play then we will see some moves. The only upgrade over Birk would be Brown. Also drafting Mack is an option. Center is important but there are more important needs unless they already gave up on Cook and Sullivan and I just don't see that yet.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"marstc09" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:

1. QB
    2. RT
    3. WR or CB
    Thanks for the read.

Hey, I had Saturday off.
    Did some looking at a few of the positions that interest me......Seems the S class doesn't warrant a sure fire "Impact" starters.......

Team needs ahead of us gobble up the two CB's I would like to see......Teams like GB will be after the best OLB for thier 3-4.......

My initial guess is that one of the two DT's will be there for us with nothing else that makes sense at that position........Long story short, initial indications are that it could be DT in the first round if we don't trade away our first round pick for a QB.

I will have alot of down time starting Fri.
    Think I am gonna fish this weekend.
    Will probably refined the "Team Needs" a bit and get a initial first round mock done to see how the cards fall "Pre Combine".
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg