Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

Re: NFC North inside slant 06/14/08

"vikingivan" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Braddock" wrote:
    Sounds like
    Birk is thinking pretty even keel on this whole contract matter. Reading what he said, I'd probably do the same.

Also,
    Tight end Visanthe Shiancoe, a disappointment last season after signing as a free agent, was a standout at minicamp. Shiancoe made several nice catches, including three circus grabs on the first day of the workouts.
    How about that? IT'll be nice to see him be able to run more routes, if only our offensive line won't need any help pass protecting.
    I posted that same quote a few times in the threads where people were blasting Shiancoe, but the naysayers simply ignored it.
    Shaiancoe haters and haters in general always ignore the truth. Reality seems to be missing when they are ranting about his "many drops" and whatever they argue on why he sucks.
    Last season I was reading the about how great Williamson looked in minicamp.
    How did that work out?
    Have you seen the articles about Troy this year?! OMG, you'd think Christ himself was playing for the Jags. They are so hyped up for him.

http://www.jaguars.com/news/article.aspx?id=7013

I gotta tell you, I saw things from Troy Williamson the past couple of weeks I haven’t seen in a long time. Was this a tease? I really don’t know what to think. You see a guy play as he has and you wonder what went wrong with his former team. The Vikings aren’t stupid. What the heck happened there?
    http://www.jaguars.com/news/article.aspx?id=7012

Williamson—Based on his performance, Williamson could turn out to be the Jaguars’ best trade since they acquired two draft picks from Buffalo for Rob Johnson and used one of those picks to select Fred Taylor. Williamson was acquired from the Vikings for a sixth-round pick. This spring, he’s played to the level of a top 10 pick, which he was in 2005. Heading into training camp, Williamson has a major head start on winning a roster spot and a whole lot more. Offensive Coordinator Dirk Koetter loves the speed and big-play potential Williamson has shown.
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Re: NFC North inside slant 06/14/08

I always said Troy had Marvin Harrison type talent but he could never finish when it counted. I would just tell the Jacksonville fans to get ready for big let downs. He showed he was ready to work and made all the plays in practice but things got ugly when the pressure was on.

Maybe the change in seinory will help Troy unleash his full potental. Most of his problems were mental and if there ironed out and he matures into becoming the player he was meant to be, he'll make big plays for the Jaguars. Good luck to him but I'm glad our orginization has moved on to players like Bernard Berrian, Sidney Rice, Aundre Allison and Jaymar Johnson. All very capable with good ball skills, some with better return ability then Troy ever had.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12