Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 39 of 39
  1. #31
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916

    Re:The NFC North FA Thread

    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  2. #32
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916

    Re:The NFC North FA Thread

    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  3. #33
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916

    Re:The NFC North FA Thread

    NFC North Power Rankings (Pre-Draft Version)
    Hope you don't mind Molder. Kindof thought this fit here.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,061

    Re:The NFC North FA Thread

    Marrdro wrote:
    NFC North Power Rankings (Pre-Draft Version)
    Hope you don't mind Molder. Kindof thought this fit here.
    Of course not.

    I'm a little surprised that the Bears are nr. 2 on that list, instead of the Packers. The Vikings are the clear favorites to me if Favre comes back, but I really think that the Packers should be nr. 2.

    It's like the writer is loving all the moves the Bears made, while totally ignoring that they don't have an O-line, have a way worse secondary than the Packers, don't have any receivers, and have Martz who has gotten all of his QBs killed.

    Then he goes on and says that the Packers have a bad O-line and secondary and are one injury away from being a horrible team.

    I'd love to hear where, because we where a pretty decent team with a banged up O-line and missing 3 of our top 5 corners in Harris, Blackmon and Lee.

    Lastly, if the Packers think they can continue to depend on Ryan Grant and Brandon Jackson to establish a run game, then they are going to continue to have a one-dimensional and predictable offense… especially in the latter half of the year.
    Ryan Grant was pretty solid last year. Good yardage, good average, one fumble on the year. Jackson has been an amazing blocker throughout his career and has shown nothing but improvement as our 3rd down back.

    I agree, getting another guy would be great, a real speedster, but we're the first team in NFL history to have a 4000 yard passer, 2 1000 yard receivers and a 1200 yard rusher two years in a row. That should account for something, right?
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf


  5. #35
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,061

    Re:The NFC North FA Thread

    Btw, maybe it's time to update this thing again.... I feel like I'm missing some moves.

    Vikings

    - Interested in RFA Marlin Jackson. Didn't get tendered, so they could sign him, even with the final 8 rule prohibiting them from signing an UFA.
    - Lost Chester Taylor to FA. He later signed with the Bears.
    - Due to Taylor signing somewhere else, the Vikings can now sign one UFA.
    - Lost Artis Hicks to FA. He signed with the Redskins.
    - Signed K Rhys Lloyd. Potential kick-off specialist.
    - Resigned Benny Sapp
    - LDT decided to join the Jets, after the Vikings tried to get him.
    - Lost Paymah. Jennings will miss him.
    - Signed Kick-off specialist Lloyd.

    Lions

    - Traded a 5th and a 6th to the Browns for Corey Williams.
    - Signed Kyle Vanden Bosch. Vanden Bosch played for Schwartz in Tennessee.
    - Signed Nate Burleson to a 5 year deal.
    - Let starting CB Philip Buchanon go.
    - Released Grady Jackson. Started 13 games in 2009.
    - Traded a 5th and a 6th for Atlanta's 5th and CB Chris Houston.
    - Signed FA CB Jonathan Wade.
    - Traded a 7th for QB Shaun Hill.
    - Lost LB Foote to FA. He signed with the Steelers.
    - Traded a 5th and DE Henderson to the Seahawks for OG Sims and a 7th.

    Bears

    - Signed Julius Peppers.
    - Signed Brandon Manumaleuna.
    - Signed Chester Taylor.
    - Expected to trade Greg Olsen, who "doesn't fit Martz's offensive scheme".

    Packers

    - Re-signed FA Clifton. Got heavy interest from Redskins.
    - Lost Aaron Kampman to the Jaguars.
    - Signed Ryan Pickett to 4 year deal.
    - Signed Nick Collins to 3 year deal.
    - Signed FA RT Tauscher to 2 year deal.
    - Signed a punter from the Australia to a 3 year deal.
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf


  6. #36
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916

    Re:The NFC North FA Thread

    Rockmolder wrote:
    Btw, maybe it's time to update this thing again.... I feel like I'm missing some moves.

    Vikings

    - Interested in RFA Marlin Jackson. Didn't get tendered, so they could sign him, even with the final 8 rule prohibiting them from signing an UFA.
    - Lost Chester Taylor to FA. He later signed with the Bears.
    - Due to Taylor signing somewhere else, the Vikings can now sign one UFA.
    - Lost Artis Hicks to FA. He signed with the Redskins.
    - Signed K Rhys Lloyd. Potential kick-off specialist.
    - Resigned Benny Sapp
    - LDT decided to join the Jets, after the Vikings tried to get him.
    - Lost Paymah. Jennings will miss him.
    - Signed Kick-off specialist Lloyd.

    Lions

    - Traded a 5th and a 6th to the Browns for Corey Williams.
    - Signed Kyle Vanden Bosch. Vanden Bosch played for Schwartz in Tennessee.
    - Signed Nate Burleson to a 5 year deal.
    - Let starting CB Philip Buchanon go.
    - Released Grady Jackson. Started 13 games in 2009.
    - Traded a 5th and a 6th for Atlanta's 5th and CB Chris Houston.
    - Signed FA CB Jonathan Wade.
    - Traded a 7th for QB Shaun Hill.
    - Lost LB Foote to FA. He signed with the Steelers.
    - Traded a 5th and DE Henderson to the Seahawks for OG Sims and a 7th.

    Bears

    - Signed Julius Peppers.
    - Signed Brandon Manumaleuna.
    - Signed Chester Taylor.
    - Expected to trade Greg Olsen, who "doesn't fit Martz's offensive scheme".

    Packers

    - Re-signed FA Clifton. Got heavy interest from Redskins.
    - Lost Aaron Kampman to the Jaguars.
    - Signed Ryan Pickett to 4 year deal.
    - Signed Nick Collins to 3 year deal.
    - Signed FA RT Tauscher to 2 year deal.
    - Signed a punter from the Australia to a 3 year deal.
    You gotta be feeling good about your Left and Right Tackle situation this year.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  7. #37
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916

    Re:The NFC North FA Thread

    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,061

    Re:The NFC North FA Thread

    Marrdro wrote:
    Poor Bulger. Getting behind a horrible O-line again and in Mike Martz system, which means he'll get hit ever other play. I hope for his sake that he declines and goes to Arizona, if they want him.
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf


  9. #39
    tarkenton10's Avatar
    tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,200

    Re:The NFC North FA Thread

    Rockmolder wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    NFC North Power Rankings (Pre-Draft Version)
    Hope you don't mind Molder. Kindof thought this fit here.
    Of course not.

    I'm a little surprised that the Bears are nr. 2 on that list, instead of the Packers. The Vikings are the clear favorites to me if Favre comes back, but I really think that the Packers should be nr. 2.

    It's like the writer is loving all the moves the Bears made, while totally ignoring that they don't have an O-line, have a way worse secondary than the Packers, don't have any receivers, and have Martz who has gotten all of his QBs killed.

    Then he goes on and says that the Packers have a bad O-line and secondary and are one injury away from being a horrible team.

    I'd love to hear where, because we where a pretty decent team with a banged up O-line and missing 3 of our top 5 corners in Harris, Blackmon and Lee.

    Lastly, if the Packers think they can continue to depend on Ryan Grant and Brandon Jackson to establish a run game, then they are going to continue to have a one-dimensional and predictable offense… especially in the latter half of the year.
    Ryan Grant was pretty solid last year. Good yardage, good average, one fumble on the year. Jackson has been an amazing blocker throughout his career and has shown nothing but improvement as our 3rd down back.

    I agree, getting another guy would be great, a real speedster, but we're the first team in NFL history to have a 4000 yard passer, 2 1000 yard receivers and a 1200 yard rusher two years in a row. That should account for something, right?
    Molder- I think that the way you ended the season put a bad taste in the mouths of the pundits. Let me say right here that I think that if Favre comes back we are the best team in the NFC and I think you are 1A. Your biggest problem was keep AR upright; by signing Clifton & Tausher you have a good tackle tandem, even if they are older. That is why you had such a great last half of the season. If you guys stay healthy you will be a scarey team for anyone.

    If Favre doesn't come back I say GB is the team to beat in the NFC. You have some depth at CB, I like some of your young guys, I think they can replace Harris. And I think you can move Harris to nickel or even free safety.

    I think you draft a young LT or a 3-4 LB and you guys are looking good for next year. I never thought TT was that good and I laughed when he moved up to take Mathews (I still think he could have waited & grabbed him later) but he is making a believer out of me. Your TE Finley was a steal and should be a great threat for years to come. TT basically stole that cat!! If TT can get a quality LT, LB & CB in this draft you guys will be really good!

    There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Similar Threads

  1. NFC North preview - Breaking Down the NFC North
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-03-2007, 10:22 AM
  2. NFC North
    By Json in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-01-2006, 11:36 PM
  3. Daunte thread....thread
    By MensaTice in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-17-2006, 03:15 AM
  4. NFC North
    By vikingsalltheway in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-30-2004, 05:13 PM
  5. NFC North
    By SuperGonzo in forum Trash the Pack
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-29-2003, 04:24 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •