Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: NFC North draft analysis & grades

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1095724
    To me the third round pick was a small price to pay to rid the team of Childress.
    LOL, the 3rd round pick or the shitcanning of Moss had nothing to do with it.

The fans and the owners fear that they won't buy tickets this year, along with the Chiller rubbing how poorly the Noodle did last year in the owners face is what got him shitcanned.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Vikestand is offline Coordinator

Memo to Mel Kiper:

I understand you feel we should have traded back and taken Andy Dalton(just on SportsCenter), you stupid sum beach we TRIED TRADING BACK!

By Pack93z

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to the other with no loss of enthusiasm"-Sir Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by "Vikestand" #1095763
    Memo to Mel Kiper:

I understand you feel we should have traded back and taken Andy Dalton(just on SportsCenter), you stupid sum beach we TRIED TRADING BACK!
    LOL, you crack me up.

How ya been. Yesterday I wasn't doing so well, but after I calmed down a bit and did some additional research, I pretty happy with the draft and how it unfolded.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Articnv is offline Coach

Memo to Mel Kiper:

actual we traded trading up top 9th to get Blaine Gabbert, but we didn't want to give up our 2nd rnd pick

Quote Originally Posted by "Articnv" #1095768
    Memo to Mel Kiper:

actual we traded trading up top 9th to get Blaine Gabbert, but we didn't want to give up our 2nd rnd pick
    Good stuff, but you are both right.

We were on the phone with Dallas during their pick and we were on the phones during our pick.

Assumption is we were talking to Dallas when they were on the clock and we were trying to get down to atleast 14 (Deadskins slid to 16/Miami was at 15) when we were on the clock.

On a side note, the chucklehead Deadskins had their fans all a tizzy when they they slid thinking they would get him at 16. The local radio station was loaded with calls about how dumb they were.

In the end, I like their pick, but I like stealing their player. If you watched, on saturday, they moved ahead of us once. I wonder if that was to get someone we were both looking at?

Vikestand is offline Coordinator

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1095765
    Memo to Mel Kiper:

LOL, you crack me up.

How ya been. Yesterday I wasn't doing so well, but after I calmed down a bit and did some additional research, I pretty happy with the draft and how it unfolded.
    Not too bad, haven't been on the sight much the last 8-9 months been pretty busy. I thought our draft was ok, obviously it revovles around how Ponder turns out.

Hope all is well!

By Pack93z

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to the other with no loss of enthusiasm"-Sir Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by "Vikestand" #1095771
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1095765
    Memo to Mel Kiper:

LOL, you crack me up.

Not too bad, haven't been on the sight much the last 8-9 months been pretty busy. I thought our draft was ok, obviously it revovles around how Ponder turns out.

Hope all is well!
    I'm good and Ponder WILL turn out.

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

I think all the teams in the NFC North did alright. Heres's the two top picks of each team in the order I think the teams got the most valuable players:

1. Lions drafted DT Nick Fairley and WR Titus Young.

I want to add that they also drafted running back Mikel Leshoure who has great potentials to be an excellent compliment to Jahvid Best. The Lions obviously went with the best-player-available philosophy more so than perhaps any other team in the league. They had big holes and did near to nothing to fix them in the draft, but speaking from a purely value of pick stand-point, the Lions were hands down the most fortunately team in the NFC North.

Grade for value: A. For filling needs: C.

2. Vikings drafted QB Christian Ponder and TE Kyle Rudolph.

After sleeping on this, I concluded that the Vikings actually had a satisfying draft. They got the QB they wanted and perhaps a steal in the second round when they drafter Rudolph. Tight end came as a surprise, but after further review it made more sense. The Vikings seem to like using two TE-sets, Visanthe Shiancoe will not be around forever and we have no other good receiver-options after Shiancoe. Not to mention, Rudolph has immense talent and has much better tools and talent than Shiancoe who is a Pro Bowl caliber TE.

Grade for value: B-, for filling needs: B.

3. Bears drafted OL Gabe Carimi and DT Stephen Paea.

Naturally, the Bears and Packers did not have the opportunity to get the top players because of their draft order, but I would be pretty happy with the picks if I were a Bears fan. They got solid players who could address needs on both sides of the ball.

Grade for value: B-, for filling needs: B.

4. Packers drafted OT Derek Sherrod and WR Randall Cobb.

The Packers had the least impressive draft, but it's expected when you are the reigning Super Bowl Champions and has the last draft picks.

Grade for value: C, for filling needs: B (they don't really have any glaring needs)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12