Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Next Season

Next Season

12-4

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Next Season

I think we'll be around 11-5, 12-4. Heck, I'll take 10-6 a playoff berth and everyone healthy going into the playoffs. As long as we beat the pack twice, especially on Christmas or Christmas eve whenever it is so that all the Wisconsinites have a terrible Christmas because we womped all over them!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

MetroDome27 is offline Waterboy

Next Season

12-4, and I cannot wait to kick the crap out of the Eagles and let everyone see that the Moss/Pep duo is the best in the NFL

johnnyb22 is offline Rookie

Next Season

The Vikes will go 9-7. There schedule is so hard to predict they have such a tough schedule. They could go anywhere from 7-9 to 11-5. Games that are too close to call are @Philly, @NO, NYG they always give us fits even though they stink, @Chi, @Wash, and Sea. Remember the Vikes are not very good on grass or away from the dome!! I hate to say that but they haven't been that good in a few years outside the dome or on grass. We won't know how good we are until we see how the rookies and free agents play. The D needs to stop someone from running all over us. We have improved on paper but that doesn't automatically turn into victories. Remember Denard Walker. Ask Washington if an influx of talent translate into victories. I hope they go 16-0, but I have to think that they will lose some games.

LAVike is offline Pro-Bowler

Next Season

I'll say 11-5. I'd be plenty happy with that (although I'd be much happier if we could improve on the 15-1 in 1998--hello '72 Dolphins!).
    "Veni, Vidi, Vikings!"--Julius Caesar

Purplebleeder is offline Training Camp

Next Season

The Vikes are going to be playing on a new turf at the dome. I think that change will only improve thier away on grass record.

All these predictions of losing to Hoston...what gives? I can see the ones that say losing to Chicago in one game..somehow the bears seem to pull something out in one game. I am HOPING we Blowout the PACK on Christmas Eve...helps that we are playing at the DOME.....not Favre's favorite place to play...(although...yes..I know...he beat us at home last year....).

Donovan McNabb is a really good QB. TO....if he catches the ball he is good..but the chance of that are low....maybe he has an eyesight problem like Jake Reed did a while back....And lets not forget that McNabb has a better arm than Garcia ... the ball will be smoking when it gets to TO....I don't know that he will have adjusted to that in a game situation by the time the Vikes play them.

I believe we have the potential for a 14 win season - BUT....the caveat is how the Special team plays...I reckon 13-3 season...A number 1 or Number 2 seeding in the Post Season...and a strong SB bid.....
    A Viking Fan(atic)

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

Next Season

The reason I say Houston... is simple history... we generally lose to a team that we SHOULD be... I hope that we don't... I'm just trying to be a little bit realistic...

Next Season

Thanks for the clarification triedandtrue - you are correct. I don't know WHY the Vikes play DOWN to the competition, but they do tend to do that....or at least...that USED to be how they tended.

2004 will be remembered for the Vikes playing tough in all games and for sweeping the Pack and for the incredibly amusing and deserved "egg on face" of the Mannings (Eli and Papa that is, brother Peyton will have another Pro-Bowl year).

I love the offseason...especially the months leading Up to Training camp etc....Hope SPRINGS eternal, as it always should to Real Fan(atic)s....hehehe!!!
    A Viking Fan(atic)

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

Next Season

haha... well that makes 1 of us... I HATE the off season... I want some action!! hehehe

Next Season

triedandtrue....you MAYBE....going out on a limb here....MAYBE need a life outside of football.....LOL....

I am antsy for the season to begin as well....but....all good things come to those who are patient.

At least the T-wolves are playing well...who cares about the Twins?...there really is only ONE sport in the Twin Cities...FOOTBALL....although babe watching on lake Minnetonka is not a bad second choice for sports....LOL
    A Viking Fan(atic)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast