Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

The Next Cris Carter???????

Have you all seen the catches that Roy Williams has made when he is healthy and on the field. One handed catches each game. We see the high lights. I wonder if he drops balls or if he is just that solid all game. He has provided the most acrobatic receptions this year so far.

The way he catches the ball one handed, that reminds me of Cris. Williams will have to hope he can play as long as Carter and stay as healthy.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

As long as he doesn't beat us with those kinds of catches (and does beat the Packers with them)...then good wishes to him!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I think Burleson will be the next Cris Carter, not for the highlite catches, but for the number of catches and how good his hands are! He will quickly become our number 2.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    I think Burleson will be the next Cris Carter, not for the highlite catches, but for the number of catches and how good his hands are! He will quickly become our number 2.
    Didn't he have like 116 catches his senior year at UNLV? That had possession receiver written all over it.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

No Cajun, HE HAD MORE, i'm pretty sure, he was 4 receptions off of the NCAA record. Nevada fans loved him, the year we drafted nate i went to some college chat rooms and talked with some Nevada fans and they absolutly loved the guy. They got me really exited about him and he hasn't let me down yet. My dad always talks about how nate reminds him of Carter's early days with the eagles and vikings.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Just Googled it, Nate had 138 receptions as a senior.

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

I believe burleson does own the record with 138.

As for williams he could be a cris carter with all the catches but hasnt really made alot of them lately. He only had two catches for 20 yard or something like that.

I also remember all the hype of how hes the next moss. RIght with all the tds hes catching this year. :lol: Hes a good wideout but nowhere near moss' league yet.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

The lions just need a more consistant QB and he will look more like Carter.

Carter only had TDs his first 3 years with the Eagles.

He didn't have a lot of reception in those 3 years.

The one thing that is immeasurable is someones drive. Carter had a lot of drive. That is what made Carter great. Even in his last few years, he was slow but he still got open. Also that drive to practice in the offseason gave him those last 3 years of his career.

Kleinsasser40 is offline Coordinator

I said that at the end of last year ( for some reason my accound got suspened and I made a new one at the beginning of this year) and I got casterated for it. But yeah, I still think he has the hands to be the next CC. I still think he is damn good and good enough to be some team's #1 in a few years (hopefully he will stay though!)
    [img:2264cdc124]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/vikesklein.jpg[/img:2264cdc124]

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Burleson = Good receiver, hopefully will turn out to be a great receiver. He has great hands and usually catches the ball, which is better than we can say for TO!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast