Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: New Look Zebras.

"Prophet" wrote:
    "Braddock" wrote:
    I think those new uniforms suck. I like the old ones better.

OLD

NEW

Whatever turns your crank,, my vote goes for the new.
    I dunno, dood - Larry Nemmers is quite hunky.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    Cheerleaders. That's the answer. There are always more cheerleading prospects than positions. Put scantily clad women in there to officiate the game. That's it, I'm putting my name in the hat for the commish position.
    Can you imagine it? That little replay booth thingey would be only 2 feet above the ground so they'd have to bend over to look into it!

=Z=
    No doubt. We must come up with a protocol outfit. Here are a few for starters:

Either one works for me!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"AWZeus" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    ...The biggest reason: part time officials. If the NFL would take a clue from other pro sports, they would pay their refs enough to make it a full time gig, with year round training.
    I'm surprised that hasn't happened yet. Looks like a job for the new commish.
    The concept has been bounced around for years. Unfortunately, many of these guys make big $$$ in their real lives and would be loathe to give that up for 7 months of working.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5338016

"Are full-time officials needed?

Well, that argument has never made sense because too many experienced officials would never quit their Monday through Friday jobs to simply work 20 games a year. Plus, the majority of owners have never believed full-time officials made fiscal sense or would actually improve their game-day performances. Besides, what would you do with these guys between February and July?"

=Z=
    There are well written arguements on both sides of the ball, so to speak. I think that if the NFL decided to make refs full time employees, there might be some loss of experienced officials, but not enough to make an impact. Plus the increase in quality would more than make up for it.

I also disagree that NFL refs get it right 99.99% of the time. I would hazard a guess that it is closer to 95%. That may sound like a lot, but 5% is a pretty big margin of error when you are talking about a multi billion dollar industry.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

FYI, for those of you who are interested in salaries...

"Askmen.com" wrote:
    Major League Baseball (MLB) pays umpires anywhere from $100,000 to $280,000 US for the 162-game season, in addition to the tidy sum of over $50,000 per season for expenses. This does not include the cost of first-class air travel, which is provided. The lucky ones that get to call the games in the postseason make somewhere in the ballpark of $20,000, excluding expenses.

National Basketball Association (NBA) referees earn anywhere from $90,000 to $225,000 for their hard work.

Incidentally, while the National Hockey League's (NHL) athletes make less than their brethren in football, basketball and baseball, no other officials in any of the four major sports leagues make more than those in the NHL, where starters get a $115,000 salary. After a 15-year career, an NHL referee may be looking at an annual pay upwards of $220,000.

The National Football League (NFL) pays referees anywhere from $25,000 to $70,000 per season. When you consider that the league plays 16 games and referees are considered part-time employees, you get a better sense of the disparity. But do not feel so bad for them, not only are there only 16 games in the schedule, they also get one-week intervals.

And where are the women in all of this? Referees in the Women's National Basketball Association (WNBA) earn about $500 per game for a 32-game season, or a maximum of $16,000 annually.
    Bascially, a rookie official in any of the other pro sports (except the WNBA) will make more money per year than any NFL official, regardless of how long they have been there. You get what you pay for...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    FYI, for those of you who are interested in salaries...

"Askmen.com" wrote:
    Major League Baseball (MLB) pays umpires anywhere from $100,000 to $280,000 US for the 162-game season, in addition to the tidy sum of over $50,000 per season for expenses. This does not include the cost of first-class air travel, which is provided. The lucky ones that get to call the games in the postseason make somewhere in the ballpark of $20,000, excluding expenses.

National Basketball Association (NBA) referees earn anywhere from $90,000 to $225,000 for their hard work.

Incidentally, while the National Hockey League's (NHL) athletes make less than their brethren in football, basketball and baseball, no other officials in any of the four major sports leagues make more than those in the NHL, where starters get a $115,000 salary. After a 15-year career, an NHL referee may be looking at an annual pay upwards of $220,000.

The National Football League (NFL) pays referees anywhere from $25,000 to $70,000 per season. When you consider that the league plays 16 games and referees are considered part-time employees, you get a better sense of the disparity. But do not feel so bad for them, not only are there only 16 games in the schedule, they also get one-week intervals.

And where are the women in all of this? Referees in the Women's National Basketball Association (WNBA) earn about $500 per game for a 32-game season, or a maximum of $16,000 annually.
    Bascially, a rookie official in any of the other pro sports (except the WNBA) will make more money per year than any NFL official, regardless of how long they have been there. You get what you pay for...
    But not more money per game. :wink:

Hell, I'd go thru training to make $1,500 to $4,500 for a days work. $70,000 is more than I make now working full time.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Here's the uni's they will all be wearing when they ref the Packers games at Lambeau;

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"singersp" wrote:
    Here's the uni's they will all be wearing when they ref the Packers games at Lambeau;

You mean they aren't going to look like this anymore?

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

[img]http//i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/singersp82759/Ref2sl.jpg[/img]

:lol: :lol:

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

Around the whole country they look like that. Black and Yellow, it makes me sick.

shawn9876uss is offline Coordinator

who cares about their unis

Thanks PurpleMafia

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast