singersp is offline PPO Newshound

New head coaches search for footing in NFC North

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

Re: New head coaches search for footing in NFC North

In Detroit, for some strange reason head coach Steve Mariucci was fired late last season but GM Matt Millen was allowed to keep his job. Go figure. Enter rookie head coach Rod Marinelli, who is given the task of getting production out of the Lions’ bevy of first-round picks.

:roll:

Fire Millen!

god that was entertaining as hell last year lol

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    In Detroit, for some strange reason head coach Steve Mariucci was fired late last season but GM Matt Millen was allowed to keep his job. Go figure. Enter rookie head coach Rod Marinelli, who is given the task of getting production out of the Lions’ bevy of first-round picks.

:roll:

Fire Millen!

god that was entertaining as hell last year lol
    Millen's career:

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

These people do not know what they are talking about.. So giving the Bears the advantage is understandable.. Giving the Packers second is downright ridiculous..

The Packers have a new HC that was the OC for a team that finished in or around last in every offensive category.. We get a strict HC that was tutored my Andy Reid, one of the best HC in all of football, imo..

We get Hutchinson, Taylor, Richardson, Tank Williams, and many others to name a few.. The Packers lose Flanigan, one of their best OL, and they only really acquired Woodson who is getting up there in age, and has fought to stay healthy..

So they lose more good players, replace them with guys that aren't really that good anymore, and they are predicted to take 2nd in the division.. If I can recall correctly, they had Green, Favre, and all but Walker healthy after the first game, and they still finished last in the division.. Oh, and they also lost Javon Walker, probably their best WR..

So this is just another classic example on how these so called sports writers think they know what is going on.. We have Hutch which is one of the best OL playing today, we have a probowl center returning healthy who didn't even play last season, and we have Hicks now to round out the OL.. We are going to be much improved over last season, where as the Packers took a step back.. Yet we are predicted to take 3rd, I really hope the Vikings shut these idiots up quick..

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

This guy is an idiot and dosnt know what hes talking about.Heres my two reasons why.

A:
    3. Minnesota — The Vikings went into free agency with an NFL-high $ 31. 5 million in salary cap room. The spending spree helped land free agents like OG Steve Hutchinson, RB Chester Taylor and SS Tank Williams. But the Vikings also lost some good players like Culpepper, CB Brian Williams, FS Corey Chavous and RB Michael Bennett.

IMO the only one of those players that we havnt replaced talent wise is Culpepper.Brad Johnson is a terrific QB in this system, but a Healthy DC is tough to match.Chavous has been replaced bye not only Tank Williams,but also Dwight Smith.B-Will has been replaced bye Griffen,Whittaker,Edwards and Dwight Smith.Last but not least MICHAEL BENNETT was replaced bye our new franchise back, Chester Taylor. (I'm an upgrade over Bennett tho!)This guy clearly has a broad media sterotype for this team.

and B:
    Veteran Brad Johnson returns as the team’s trigger man, but he’s also struggled to stay healthy. If Johnson goes down, the Vikes will turn to Mike McMahon or Razorback cast-off Tarvaris Jackson, who played well enough at Alabama State to be drafted in the second round. Not a great pick, in my book.

When has Brad struggled to stay healthy here since we re-aquired him?Nothing is coming to mind for me.Brad survived playing behind a offensive line held together bye glue last year.Childress has upgraded the line greatly and has already gaureented atleast more protection for Brad, just off these signings.

GreenBay over us? Come on.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

thetrenches68OL is offline Asst. Coach

the lions have mike martz as the OC dont they?
    The Trenches are where Games are Decided

Hutch and K. Will baby

sig by PurplePeopleEaters

marcosMN is offline Star Spokesman

Meh. I'm not hearing anything new. I'm glad the Vikes are underdogs.

Victory unexpected is much sweeter...
    -Sno