Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Prophet Guest

New Commish: Aug. 18

Hopefuls line up for NFL boss job
    Fri, July 14, 2006
    By AP

NEW YORK -- Five weeks before Paul Tagliabue's retirement date, there are more than a dozen candidates in the running for his job.

But the real favourites remain Roger Goodell, the league's chief operating officer; Jeff Pash, its in-house counsel; and Rich McKay, the Atlanta Falcons' general manager. One or two others, perhaps from outside the league, remain in the mix.

Things will become clearer in 10 days and a new commissioner should be elected by Aug. 9, allowing Tagliabue to retire Aug. 18, his target date.

Previous story: Right man for job
    Next story: Another kick at the Cats

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

Re: New Commish by Aug. 9

Neat. (I just felt bad b/c no one had commented on it yet. I got your back Prophet)
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

Prophet Guest

"Braddock" wrote:
    Neat. (I just felt bad b/c no one had commented on it yet. I got your back Prophet)
    :lol: , just means nobody gives a shit or they're too lazy to post or a combination of the two.

ChiTownVike is offline Hall of Famer

I think its pretty interesting. I do not want McKay to be the Commissioner. I dunno why I just don't trust him or sumthin

Thank you Josdin for the sig

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Tagliabue was a heck of a commish, IMO. I just hope the new guy gets on board with the Vikings stadium push!

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    Hopefuls line up for NFL boss job
    Fri, July 14, 2006
    By AP

NEW YORK -- Five weeks before Paul Tagliabue's retirement date, there are more than a dozen candidates in the running for his job.

But the real favourites remain Roger Goodell, the league's chief operating officer; Jeff Pash, its in-house counsel; and Rich McKay, the Atlanta Falcons' general manager. One or two others, perhaps from outside the league, remain in the mix.

Things will become clearer in 10 days and a new commissioner should be elected by Aug. 9, allowing Tagliabue to retire Aug. 18, his target date.

Previous story: Right man for job
    Next story: Another kick at the Cats
    I think Goodell is the right choice. He's got experience sitting at Taglibue's right-hand - and he's going to need that plus negotiating skills if the owners are serious about re-opening the CBA after the 2007 season.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Prophet Guest

KFFL
    NFL | Goodell remains the favorite to be new NFL commissioner
    Tue, 18 Jul 2006 05:59:05 -0700

Gary Myers, of the New York Daily News, reports Roger Goodell is positioned to become the next commissioner of the NFL, but he will have to withstand a challenge from at least one high-powered corporate CEO when owners vote Aug. 7-9 in Chicago on Paul Tagliabue's successor. There are 15 candidates still on the list, but after an owners meeting next Monday in Detroit, the eight-member search committee is expected to narrow it to three or four finalists and bring them to Chicago for the owners to interview and then vote on. It will take 22 out of 32 votes to send Tagliabue into retirement. Although Falcons' president/general manager Rich McKay and Ravens' president Dick Cass are club executives who have been under consideration, Goodell's main competition is expected to come from outside the league. "I still think Roger Goodell has the inside track, but it's hard to make a truly accurate assessment without knowing who the other candidates are," one owner said. Goodell has been the favorite from the day Tagliabue announced his retirement plans March 20.

Prophet Guest

My vote:

[size=9px]pft.com[/size]

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I think it sucks that Tags is retiring (did I spell that right??). I think he has done a great job, the only thing I would have changed......kicking T-hoe and MeShawn out of the league for being idiots!! lol

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Prophet Guest

Goodell Is Favorite to Head NFL
    League's Chief Operating Officer Front-Runner to Succeed Tagliabue as Commissioner
    By Mark Maske
    Washington Post Staff Writer
    Monday, July 24, 2006; Page E04

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast