whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Nedney out for the season, Replacement is?

Nedney is out for the season and the Titans are trying out 3 kickers today. The three contestants are Eiling, Anderson and Conway!

I guess they have a thing for ex-viking kickers, if Eiling makes the squad and blows up I will sh*t my drawers! If they pick him with our luck he will go 21-23 field goals, and hit every extra point. Hit's a 60 yarder to wina game, and then goes on to be one of the best kicker in the game.

Gary kicked for them last year when Nedney got hurt and that probably who they will sign from all indications.

Not looking good for Nedney, complete tear of the hamstring and he needs surgery to repair it (could be career ending).
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

purplehorn is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Nedney out for the season, Replacement is?

"whackthepack" wrote:
    I guess they have a thing for ex-viking kickers, if Eiling makes the squad and blows up I will sh*t my drawers! If they pick him with our luck he will go 21-23 field goals, and hit every extra point. Hit's a 60 yarder to wina game, and then goes on to be one of the best kicker in the game.

(could be career ending).
    [size=7px][/size]

Yes it would suck, but very unlikely cause HE SUCKS!
    really
    Green Bay police station toilet stolen.

Cops say they have nothing to go on.

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

DAMNIT!! I have Nedney as my back up PK in fantasy.. now I have to pick up a new one!!!

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Nedney out for the season, Replacement is?

"whackthepack" wrote:

Gary kicked for them last year when Nedney got hurt and that probably who they will sign from all indications.

Not looking good for Nedney, complete tear of the hamstring and he needs surgery to repair it (could be career ending).
    Weird thing is he gets this injury exactly one year to the day he was injured last year.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

thats very intresting there all 3 ex vikings

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Is there a link to his injury. Thats year number two hes out for the season. Hes turning into a raonall smith. :lol: I think someone might call gary back. :roll: :wink:
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Here is an article on Nedney! In another article they annouced that the kickers they tried out was Eiling, Anderson and Conway.

Nedney placed on injured reserve
    By Teresa M. Walker
    The Associated Press

A day after injuring his hamstring in practice, the Titans placed kicker Joe Nedney on the injured reserve list.
    NASHVILLE, TN, Sept. 8, 2004 -- Tennessee kicker Joe Nedney will miss the season for the second year in a row after tearing his left hamstring, forcing the Titans to place him on injured reserve.

Coach Jeff Fisher said Nedney's injury is significant enough that it likely will have to be surgically repaired, and the Titans were busy trying to bring in kickers for tryouts.

'We're looking around right now. There are some guys out there that are available. We'll be bringing in people (Wednesday) evening for a potential workout (Thursday),' Fisher said.

Those could include veteran Gary Anderson, who filled in for Nedney last season, and other available kickers like Brett Conway, Bill Grammatica, Matt Bryant or rookie Todd France.

Fisher said the Titans aren't too concerned if they don't sign a replacement before Sunday's season opener at Miami because they have Pro Bowl punter Craig Hentrich, who is 7-of-12 on field goals in his career.

'We know what Craig can do. Craig can handle all the duties if we need to do so,' Fisher said.

Nedney was hurt Tuesday while kicking a ball as it fell off a tee during a special teams session. He was face down on the ground before being helped by trainers.

He walked off the field on his own, and had an MRI exam Tuesday night. Fisher said the team had to review test results Wednesday morning before making a decision.

The Titans first listed Nedney as out for Sunday's game. But they went ahead and placed him on injured reserve in time for Doug Johnson, newly signed as their No. 3 quarterback, to practice Wednesday afternoon.

The latest injury comes a year to the day that Nedney tore his ACL in his right, non-kicking leg. He injured that leg in the first half of the Titans' 2003 season opener.

That forced Hentrich into emergency duty, and he kicked four of five field goals in a victory over Oakland.

Tennessee tried out Conway and Neil Rackers before choosing experience in signing the NFL's career scoring leader as Nedney's replacement for the season. Anderson was 27-of-31 on field goals, including a 46-yarder for a 20-17 victory over Baltimore in an AFC wild-card game in January.

Hentrich left the locker room after practice Wednesday before reporters were allowed in.

The news that Nedney was out for the season took some Titans by surprise. Receiver Drew Bennett, the backup holder who would help if Hentrich has to kick any extra points or field goals, said he didn't realize the injury was that bad.

'Poor guy, (I) hope he has a fast recovery,' Bennett said.

If Hentrich winds up kicking Sunday, Bennett thinks he'll be just fine because he's an athlete who can do everything.

'He's a punter. He's not supposed to be good at field goal kicking. I think he thrives on that and does a pretty good job,' Bennett said.

The need for a replacement kicker stalls any other roster moves the Titans might make right now. The Titans, currently with four healthy receivers, gave a physical to receiver Kevin Dyson and put him through a workout Tuesday night.

'We'll be discussing it (Wednesday night) and maybe as far as into (Thursday),' Fisher said.'
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

"hawaiianvike21" wrote:
    Is there a link to his injury. Thats year number two hes out for the season. Hes turning into a raonall smith. :lol: I think someone might call gary back. :roll: :wink:
    Man I have to put a couple cents in here first it is to bad for anyone to have leave a career due to injury so I hope this guy can get back on his feet.

the second thing is If Eiling does get picked up and turn's out to be a great kicker with stats like 21-23 hit's all extra points and kicks a 60 yarder to win a game...

I have some friends who will be only to happy to have a word or two..

Just let me Know 8)
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow a Mystery
    TODAY is a GIFT that is why WE
    call it the "PRESENT"