Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Nate Burleson on NFLTA

Ya, watch the rerun of NFL TA this morning and Nate was the guest host with Eisen.

On Culpepper:
    Basically Nate said that DC was "limited" by the coaching staff last year and from what I could tell, he thought that DC must have felt the same limitations were going to be asked of him in the new Regime. Nate also said that DC was a "smart" football player, and DC had no problem bragging about his wonderlick score.

On Seattle:
    Nate said that it was a win win situation for him. He has family there and he really wanted to play for Seattle. If I had to read into it, if Linehan was still there, he might have stayed in MN, but his family and money pulled him to Seattle. I think they could have signed him for less and he would have gone. He wouldn't say if he expects to be the Number 1 guy, but he is looking forward to getting a lot of YAC.

Re: Nate Burleson on NFLTA

I think he might be guest host again tonight?????

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Thanks for the heads up Snow..

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

Eh.. We're over Nate now, but fair play to him being able to get a win-win situation for himself. Being paid more money to play at his home-town NFL franchise than he was with the Vikes, it's not hard to see why he signed with the Seahawks. After all, it ain't his fault the Seahawks wanted to act like whiny bitches and put in the retaliatory "poison pills".

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Good luck, Nate! But then again, we REALLY don't care about you anymore! :evil4:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Del Rio Guest

"snowinapril" wrote:
    Ya, watch the rerun of NFL TA this morning and Nate was the guest host with Eisen.

On Culpepper:
    Basically Nate said that DC was "limited" by the coaching staff last year and from what I could tell, he thought that DC must have felt the same limitations were going to be asked of him in the new Regime. Nate also said that DC was a "smart" football player, and DC had no problem bragging about his wonderlick score.

On Seattle:
    Nate said that it was a win win situation for him. He has family there and he really wanted to play for Seattle. If I had to read into it, if Linehan was still there, he might have stayed in MN, but his family and money pulled him to Seattle. I think they could have signed him for less and he would have gone. He wouldn't say if he expects to be the Number 1 guy, but he is looking forward to getting a lot of YAC.
    Yeah he was limited by having WR's like Nate Burleson.

Don't hate "The Nate!"

The only reason I posted it was because he gave a little insight into the season last year.

Since he is removed fromt he team, he does't feel hindered to speak the truth, so to speak. He doesn't have to worry about going back to the Viking locker room.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

"snowinapril" wrote:

On Culpepper:

On Seattle:
    DC may be intelligent, but he IS NOT a smart quarterback. i like nate and wish him the best. but he is not going to see 49 mil from seaslugs. he may be available again. by the way, how did we only have nate under contract for three years? aren't rookie contracts usually longer?
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

"Del Rio" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:

On Culpepper:

On Seattle:
    Yeah he was limited by having WR's like Nate Burleson.
    Yeah its a bitch when they try to limit your Int's and fumbles. :smile:

WWBGD

Nate is on NFL TA again tonight, very well spoken and a great personality.

In DC's defense, the Bengals game that stands out as the big TO game, Nate had the ball go off his hands for a INT.

DC had a lot of INTs that were partially/possibly WRs at fault.

We are going to be sorry we lost him. He would have been great in our WC offense. Woulda shoulda coulda..............oh well, enough lamenting on Nate and DC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast