Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Re: My Preseason Power Rankings

"KevinK" wrote:
    1. New England Pats.... What can I say? They are still elite...
    2. San Diego Chargers.. To me they didnt get any worse.....
    3. NY Giants.... They will still be contending for the NFC
    title...
    4. Indy Colts.... all those injuries but still a top 5 team!
    5. Dallas Cowboys.... Still looking for leadership in my mind, but an all-star roster as well...
    6. Jacksonville Jags......A dark horse but nobody cares in Florida!
    7. GB........... I know it will change after week one (God for my sanity please Purple win)....
    8. Minnesota Vikes.... A special team might be a QB short!
    9. Pittsburgh Steelers... Hey they have Tomlin!
    10. Browns.... After they get more help on offense maybe they should get help on defense!
    11. Philly Eagles... I think they are going to the playoffs, McNabb will do well...
    12. Tenn... one word: Haynesworth
    13. Seattle... A weak division helps, but they still have not replaced Hutch
    14. NO... See explaination for Cleveland Browns
    15. Buffalo.... I think they have alot of good players; and their young too.
    16. Skins... NFC East is just to good. They will be .500 but miss the playoffs
    17. Cards... I just dont see them as good as people credit them for...
    18. Texans.... I think the QB payment was premature...
    19. Bucs... How many QB's do they have? What have they done to improve?
    20. Panthers... Their draft was good, but just not enough to be worth betting on..
    21. NY Jets... If it werent for their offseason addtions, they would be at the bottom of the pack..
    22. Broncos... I think they are average at everything. there just nothing special..
    23. Cinci... They still have the third best QB in my mind...
    24. Chicago... They still have a good defense in my mind...
    25. Oakland... An awful lot of money spent and I think the season outcome is gonna kill their owner this year..
    26. Rams.... You better hope Jackson returns from camp soon, or move to LOs Angeles as soon as posiable.
    27. KC.... Thanks for your best player, hope your draft picks work out, sincerly I hope it does for them..Smirk..
    28. Baltimore.... Division II QB.. How much money you give him????...
    29. SF..... I think you better look into Culpepper, I think its bad when he could be your best option at QB.
    30. Detroit Lions.... I say call if BARRY is available, hes your best chance..
    31. Atlanta.... Outside the stadium they have dog fights to raise excitment to their season opener..
    32. Miami.... That pick for Ginn over Quinn sounds like a nursery rhyme.

* Please Keep in mind I never claim to be good at this. Its just what I feel right now.
    I think that New England is probably the team to beat and right behind them would be the Indianapolis Colts. I think its important that the Colts do stay healthy in order the carry this high of a ranking. Right after those two this is where Sand Diego and Minnesota come in. Dallas, GB, and Jacksonville will be very tuff. The Redskins may be a team at looking to move up, they played some decent ball last season and pulled off the playoffs. I think the less distractions for them (Sean Taylor Targety) and the addition of Jason Taylor really gives the Giants and Cowboys a good matchup, I think it all comes down to how smoothly the coaching change goes.

I could see the Giants slipping with the loss of Strahan, this is very big. The distractions they have had in the offseason with players could also have an effect, it hasn't been the best offseason. I don't know that Tennessee should be ranked that high they havn't flashed IMO.

Minnesota on the other hand does, It's been a great offseason with the additions of Berrian, Allen, Williams along with Tyrell Johnson and the rest of the Rookies and Free Agents. Last year Minnesota was able to handle two of the 4 teams contending for last years SB one which won it all. We had closer games but didn't come through against Dallas and Green Bay. This year I expect us to handle those games and even make some of them marginal wins. I also like the fact that its Childress's 3rd year and things are beginning to fine tune so too speak. I think last year our team ran out of wind at the end but I believe he's identified this and pulled back a bit in training camp in order to maintain higher stamina. Guys that I believe will have a serious impact in there 3rd season, Cedric Griffin, Chad Greenway, Tarvaris Jackson and Ray Edwards. We have a very well rounded football team from top to bottom with very expolsive players on both sides of the football. The competition, moral and confidence is as high in Minnesota's as the so called elites.

We have a great chance to prove ourselves in the first two weaks against high competition and and I know the team is eager to show what they have. I think Minnesota is the team in the NFC, Dallas has good football players but I question there offensive trenches and the FO's decision making.

KevinK is offline Starter

Re: My Preseason Power Rankings

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    "KevinK" wrote:
    1. New England Pats.... What can I say? They are still elite...
    2. San Diego Chargers.. To me they didnt get any worse.....
    3. NY Giants.... They will still be contending for the NFC
    title...
    4. Indy Colts.... all those injuries but still a top 5 team!
    5. Dallas Cowboys.... Still looking for leadership in my mind, but an all-star roster as well...
    6. Jacksonville Jags......A dark horse but nobody cares in Florida!
    7. GB........... I know it will change after week one (God for my sanity please Purple win)....
    8. Minnesota Vikes.... A special team might be a QB short!
    9. Pittsburgh Steelers... Hey they have Tomlin!
    10. Browns.... After they get more help on offense maybe they should get help on defense!
    11. Philly Eagles... I think they are going to the playoffs, McNabb will do well...
    12. Tenn... one word: Haynesworth
    13. Seattle... A weak division helps, but they still have not replaced Hutch
    14. NO... See explaination for Cleveland Browns
    15. Buffalo.... I think they have alot of good players; and their young too.
    16. Skins... NFC East is just to good. They will be .500 but miss the playoffs
    17. Cards... I just dont see them as good as people credit them for...
    18. Texans.... I think the QB payment was premature...
    19. Bucs... How many QB's do they have? What have they done to improve?
    20. Panthers... Their draft was good, but just not enough to be worth betting on..
    21. NY Jets... If it werent for their offseason addtions, they would be at the bottom of the pack..
    22. Broncos... I think they are average at everything. there just nothing special..
    23. Cinci... They still have the third best QB in my mind...
    24. Chicago... They still have a good defense in my mind...
    25. Oakland... An awful lot of money spent and I think the season outcome is gonna kill their owner this year..
    26. Rams.... You better hope Jackson returns from camp soon, or move to LOs Angeles as soon as posiable.
    27. KC.... Thanks for your best player, hope your draft picks work out, sincerly I hope it does for them..Smirk..
    28. Baltimore.... Division II QB.. How much money you give him????...
    29. SF..... I think you better look into Culpepper, I think its bad when he could be your best option at QB.
    30. Detroit Lions.... I say call if BARRY is available, hes your best chance..
    31. Atlanta.... Outside the stadium they have dog fights to raise excitment to their season opener..
    32. Miami.... That pick for Ginn over Quinn sounds like a nursery rhyme.

* Please Keep in mind I never claim to be good at this. Its just what I feel right now.
    I think that New England is probably the team to beat and right behind them would be the Indianapolis Colts. I think its important that the Colts do stay healthy in order the carry this high of a ranking. Right after those two this is where Sand Diego and Minnesota come in. Dallas, GB, and Jacksonville will be very tuff. The Redskins may be a team at looking to move up, they played some decent ball last season and pulled off the playoffs. I think the less distractions for them (Sean Taylor Targety) and the addition of Jason Taylor really gives the Giants and Cowboys a good matchup, I think it all comes down to how smoothly the coaching change goes.

I could see the Giants slipping with the loss of Strahan, this is very big. The distractions they have had in the offseason with players could also have an effect, it hasn't been the best offseason. I don't know that Tennessee should be ranked that high they havn't flashed IMO.

Minnesota on the other hand does, It's been a great offseason with the additions of Berrian, Allen, Williams along with Tyrell Johnson and the rest of the Rookies and Free Agents. Last year Minnesota was able to handle two of the 4 teams contending for last years SB one which won it all. We had closer games but didn't come through against Dallas and Green Bay. This year I expect us to handle those games and even make some of them marginal wins. I also like the fact that its Childress's 3rd year and things are beginning to fine tune so too speak. I think last year our team ran out of wind at the end but I believe he's identified this and pulled back a bit in training camp in order to maintain higher stamina. Guys that I believe will have a serious impact in there 3rd season, Cedric Griffin, Chad Greenway, Tarvaris Jackson and Ray Edwards. We have a very well rounded football team from top to bottom with very expolsive players on both sides of the football. The competition, moral and confidence is as high in Minnesota's as the so called elites.

We have a great chance to prove ourselves in the first two weaks against high competition and and I know the team is eager to show what they have. I think Minnesota is the team in the NFC, Dallas has good football players but I question there offensive trenches and the FO's decision making.
    Thanks for your opinion and in depth answer TW.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12