Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    KevinK is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    299

    My Preseason Power Rankings

    1. New England Pats.... What can I say? They are still elite...
    2. San Diego Chargers.. To me they didnt get any worse.....
    3. NY Giants.... They will still be contending for the NFC
    title...
    4. Indy Colts.... all those injuries but still a top 5 team!
    5. Dallas Cowboys.... Still looking for leadership in my mind, but an all-star roster as well...
    6. Jacksonville Jags......A dark horse but nobody cares in Florida!
    7. GB........... I know it will change after week one (God for my sanity please Purple win)....
    8. Minnesota Vikes.... A special team might be a QB short!
    9. Pittsburgh Steelers... Hey they have Tomlin!
    10. Browns.... After they get more help on offense maybe they should get help on defense!
    11. Philly Eagles... I think they are going to the playoffs, McNabb will do well...
    12. Tenn... one word: Haynesworth
    13. Seattle... A weak division helps, but they still have not replaced Hutch
    14. NO... See explaination for Cleveland Browns
    15. Buffalo.... I think they have alot of good players; and their young too.
    16. Skins... NFC East is just to good. They will be .500 but miss the playoffs
    17. Cards... I just dont see them as good as people credit them for...
    18. Texans.... I think the QB payment was premature...
    19. Bucs... How many QB's do they have? What have they done to improve?
    20. Panthers... Their draft was good, but just not enough to be worth betting on..
    21. NY Jets... If it werent for their offseason addtions, they would be at the bottom of the pack..
    22. Broncos... I think they are average at everything. there just nothing special..
    23. Cinci... They still have the third best QB in my mind...
    24. Chicago... They still have a good defense in my mind...
    25. Oakland... An awful lot of money spent and I think the season outcome is gonna kill their owner this year..
    26. Rams.... You better hope Jackson returns from camp soon, or move to LOs Angeles as soon as posiable.
    27. KC.... Thanks for your best player, hope your draft picks work out, sincerly I hope it does for them..Smirk..
    28. Baltimore.... Division II QB.. How much money you give him????...
    29. SF..... I think you better look into Culpepper, I think its bad when he could be your best option at QB.
    30. Detroit Lions.... I say call if BARRY is available, hes your best chance..
    31. Atlanta.... Outside the stadium they have dog fights to raise excitment to their season opener..
    32. Miami.... That pick for Ginn over Quinn sounds like a nursery rhyme.

    * Please Keep in mind I never claim to be good at this. Its just what I feel right now.

  2. #2
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,916

    Re: My Preseason Power Rankings

    "KevinK" wrote:
    1. New England Pats.... What can I say? They are still elite...
    2. San Diego Chargers.. To me they didnt get any worse.....
    3. NY Giants.... They will still be contending for the NFC
    title...
    4. Indy Colts.... all those injuries but still a top 5 team!
    5. Dallas Cowboys.... Still looking for leadership in my mind, but an all-star roster as well...
    6. Jacksonville Jags......A dark horse but nobody cares in Florida!
    7. GB........... I know it will change after week one (God for my sanity please Purple win)....
    8. Minnesota Vikes.... A special team might be a QB short!
    9. Pittsburgh Steelers... Hey they have Tomlin!
    10. Browns.... After they get more help on offense maybe they should get help on defense!
    11. Philly Eagles... I think they are going to the playoffs, McNabb will do well...
    12. Tenn... one word: Haynesworth
    13. Seattle... A weak division helps, but they still have not replaced Hutch
    14. NO... See explaination for Cleveland Browns
    15. Buffalo.... I think they have alot of good players; and their young too.
    16. Skins... NFC East is just to good. They will be .500 but miss the playoffs
    17. Cards... I just dont see them as good as people credit them for...
    18. Texans.... I think the QB payment was premature...
    19. Bucs... How many QB's do they have? What have they done to improve?
    20. Panthers... Their draft was good, but just not enough to be worth betting on..
    21. NY Jets... If it werent for their offseason addtions, they would be at the bottom of the pack..
    22. Broncos... I think they are average at everything. there just nothing special..
    23. Cinci... They still have the third best QB in my mind...
    24. Chicago... They still have a good defense in my mind...
    25. Oakland... An awful lot of money spent and I think the season outcome is gonna kill their owner this year..
    26. Rams.... You better hope Jackson returns from camp soon, or move to LOs Angeles as soon as posiable.
    27. KC.... Thanks for your best player, hope your draft picks work out, sincerly I hope it does for them..Smirk..
    28. Baltimore.... Division II QB.. How much money you give him????...
    29. SF..... I think you better look into Culpepper, I think its bad when he could be your best option at QB.
    30. Detroit Lions.... I say call if BARRY is available, hes your best chance..
    31. Atlanta.... Outside the stadium they have dog fights to raise excitment to their season opener..
    32. Miami.... That pick for Ginn over Quinn sounds like a nursery rhyme.

    * Please Keep in mind I never claim to be good at this. Its just what I feel right now.
    Greenbay isn't better thant he Steelers.

    Qb - Steel
    RBs - Steel
    WR - Push
    TE - Steel
    OL - Push
    DL - Steel
    LBS - Push
    DBs - Pac


  3. #3
    erik5032's Avatar
    erik5032 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Oconto, WI
    Posts
    1,779

    Re: My Preseason Power Rankings

    Yes the New York Giants won the Super Bowl, BUT i would put the Cowboys in the third spot (they seem to have more pure talent)... The Steelers are definitely better then the Packers.

  4. #4
    dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,051

    Re: My Preseason Power Rankings

    i dont believe the vikes are a better team than the stiller or brownies. Neither do i believe that the giants are better than the two teams i named, and the colts boys or jags. I also believe like every other power rankings, that the rams are extremely underated

    Pissing on the Pack since 08'

  5. #5
    StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,255

    Re: My Preseason Power Rankings

    Dude, I mostly agree, but I also need to tell you that you have the Steelers, Browns, and Packers too high, not to mention "America's Team".... :

    Ok, check it out:

    1. Pats
    2. Indy
    3. Chargers
    4. Giants
    5. Jaguars
    6. Eagles
    7. Vikings
    8. Cowboys
    9. Buccanneers
    10. Seattle
    11. Washington
    12. Saints
    13. Bears
    14. Bills
    15. Houston
    16. K.C.
    17. Steelers
    18. Ravens
    19. Lions


    etc.

  6. #6
    Potus2028 is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,654

    Re: My Preseason Power Rankings

    "StillPurple" wrote:
    Dude, I mostly agree, but I also need to tell you that you have the Steelers, Browns, and Packers too high, not to mention "America's Team".... :

    Ok, check it out:

    1. Pats
    2. Indy
    3. Chargers
    4. Giants
    5. Jaguars
    6. Eagles
    7. Vikings
    8. Cowboys
    9. Buccanneers
    10. Seattle
    11. Washington
    12. Saints
    13. Bears
    14. Bills
    15. Houston
    16. K.C.
    17. Steelers
    18. Ravens
    19. Lions


    etc.
    I think the Boys are going to be good. They can put some points up on the board. No doubt they are a top 5 team this year!

    You don't even have the packers in the top half of the league? And half the teams better than the Steelers.. I would have to disagree with those ranks.

    I think the giants are too high also. they should be 10.. lost some leaders and veterans (two of their three big names)
    i m better than you, so just give up...

  7. #7
    Vikes_King's Avatar
    Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,104

    Re: My Preseason Power Rankings

    "StillPurple" wrote:
    Dude, I mostly agree, but I also need to tell you that you have the Steelers, Browns, and Packers too high, not to mention "America's Team".... :

    Ok, check it out:

    1. Pats
    2. Indy
    3. Chargers
    4. Giants
    5. Jaguars
    6. Eagles
    7. Vikings
    8. Cowboys
    9. Buccanneers
    10. Seattle
    11. Washington
    12. Saints
    13. Bears
    14. Bills
    15. Houston
    16. K.C.
    17. Steelers
    18. Ravens
    19. Lions


    etc.
    Steelers are way too low in this, and Ravens & Lions shouldn't even make that list, imo


    http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

    "We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

    - Dan Calabrese

  8. #8
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: My Preseason Power Rankings

    "KevinK" wrote:
    * Please Keep in mind I never claim to be good at this. Its just what I feel right now.
    Shame you're 100% wrong.

    http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=46435.0

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  9. #9
    StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,255

    Re: My Preseason Power Rankings

    The Steelers have issues at O-line after losing Faneca...

    The Packers I see at nr. 8 or so with Favre, and way, way lower without him.

  10. #10
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is online now Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,540

    Re: My Preseason Power Rankings

    "StillPurple" wrote:
    The Steelers have issues at O-line after losing Faneca...

    The Packers I see at nr. 8 or so with Favre, and way, way lower without him.
    Maybe... but worse than Kansas City? Dude...
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Power Blitz: Preseason Rankings
    By vikingsblitz in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-23-2008, 06:54 PM
  2. PFT's Preseason Power Rankings
    By mountainviking in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-09-2007, 01:40 PM
  3. NFL Pre-Preseason Power Rankings
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-18-2007, 10:44 PM
  4. NFL Preseason Power Rankings
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-06-2006, 01:33 PM
  5. PFT Preseason Power Rankings: 31
    By Benet in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-05-2006, 02:27 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •