Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    gagarr is offline Team Alumni

Re: My personal congratulations to the Cowboys

"Vikeman" wrote:
    "gagarr" wrote:
    What I hate is the Cowpies will still get more air time this week than the Vikes.

Already the Jerry Jones marketing machine is going.
    "Romo collapses in shower" and "TO and Romo blame Garrett".

Jones just LOVES the Cowboys to be in the news.
    Since he doesn't have anything positive, he will jump on something negative.

Personally I think JJ is the guy who leaks all the "in house" crap to the media.
    Other teams would rather keep the crap out of the news, but NOT a JJ team.
    I only want the Vikes to get air-time for the right reasons.
    America loves freakn' drama, and the only drama which belons with a football team is the kind it takes to win a tight game.
    Otherwise, IMO, it is much more beneficial to fly under the radar.
    Point made.

But my overall point was the Jerry Jones is almost as big a media whore as Paris Hilton.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "erik5032" wrote:
    "HoosierVike" wrote:
    cant really blame jerry jones...he invested the money to put the talent on the field (given he took players like T.O. and Pacman) but regardless, this team just crumbled
    Jerry Jones is just as bad as the crypt keeper a.k.a. Al Davis. They both think they know how to run a football team, but they don't... One needs to die and one just needs to go away... pick your poison.
    If you don't blame Jones then who do you blame?

a.
    The coaching staff who has to act like baby sitters to a bunch of whinning, spoiled over paid, over hyped ball players?

b. The ball players who can't seem to execute anything?

OL can't pass block.

WR's can't get off the line clean.

TE is always hurt.

Crap for LB'rs.

Comeon, you have to look at the whole organization (from top to bottom) when you have a team that performs like they did.
    For cripes sake they have 13 probowlers (I still remember some yutz disagreeing with me on that) on that team.

I blame the Owner/GM for forcing players on the old HC that the old HC didn't want, forcing him to move on and get another team in the playoffs as a quasi GM/Team restoration Guru.

I blame the Owner/Gm for not going out and getting a hardline, in your face, disciplinarian type of HC to replace the HC he forced out.
    A guy like that is needed to keep those kids, called professional ball players, inline.

I blame the Owner/GM for wasting draft picks and CAP on guys that were suspended, got re-suspended, and IMHO actually played like shit when he was able to play.....

etc etc etc.

Proves you can't "buy a team/champion" I guess....

The O-line can pass block.. Gurode, Columbo, Davis.. ALL GREAT pass blockers.. Last year Romo was only sacked 24 times.. This year 20.. And I think brad was sacked like 5? NOT BAD AT ALL

TO is one of the best off the jam.. Roy Williams is good as well.. Crayton stuggles a bit.. But he's not bad.. They just don't utilize the WRs right

Jason Witten isn't always hurt? He has missed 2 games in the last 5 years only

And thier LBs are good.. Expecially Demarcus Ware.. Bradie James had 116 tackles and 8 sacks.. And Zach Thomas had 94 tackles

I blame the headcoach.. Phillips is ok.. But he is soft.. Garrett is SOOOOOO overrated it's amazing.. I blame injuries as well (Newman missing some time and Roy Williams out for year) And I blame suspensions
    (Pacman)

There's alot to it.. But the 4 points you made are so far off

Vikeman is offline Asst. Coach

"gagarr" wrote:
    "Vikeman" wrote:
    "gagarr" wrote:
    What I hate is the Cowpies will still get more air time this week than the Vikes.

Already the Jerry Jones marketing machine is going.
    "Romo collapses in shower" and "TO and Romo blame Garrett".

Jones just LOVES the Cowboys to be in the news.
    Since he doesn't have anything positive, he will jump on something negative.

Personally I think JJ is the guy who leaks all the "in house" crap to the media.
    Other teams would rather keep the crap out of the news, but NOT a JJ team.
    I only want the Vikes to get air-time for the right reasons.
    America loves freakn' drama, and the only drama which belons with a football team is the kind it takes to win a tight game.
    Otherwise, IMO, it is much more beneficial to fly under the radar.
    Point made.

But my overall point was the Jerry Jones is almost as big a media whore as Paris Hilton.
    It seems lately that J. Jones IS a bigger media whore that P. Hilton.
    He's gonna have to try harder to surpass her in the plain old whore dept., though, IMO.
    A good friend will help you move...a best friend will help you move a body.

x-ray jeff is offline Coordinator

Congrats to the cowboys on their season. Now they can get their popcorn ready, sit down, and watch real play-off caliber teams this weekend. Skol Vikings.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123