Prophet Guest

Mr. 'Deer in the Headlights' still wants to play.

KFFL
    Titans | K. Collins wants to still play
    Thu, 29 Jun 2006 05:45:21 -0700

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports free agent QB Kerry Collins (Raiders) has decided he still wants to play in the NFL. Those who know Collins said he is interested in signing with another team this coming season, and the most likely candidate is the Tennessee Titans, who need another veteran quarterback to complement QB Billy Volek. Talks between the Titans and Collins are expected to heat up just before training camp. There's still a chance Collins could balk at the Titans offer if it's not enough, but the way it sounded this week was that he will be on a roster when training camp opens.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Mr. 'Deer in the Headlights' still wants to play.

"Prophet" wrote:
    KFFL
    Titans | K. Collins wants to still play
    Thu, 29 Jun 2006 05:45:21 -0700

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports free agent QB Kerry Collins (Raiders) has decided he still wants to play in the NFL. Those who know Collins said he is interested in signing with another team this coming season, and the most likely candidate is the Tennessee Titans, who need another veteran quarterback to complement QB Billy Volek. Talks between the Titans and Collins are expected to heat up just before training camp. There's still a chance Collins could balk at the Titans offer if it's not enough, but the way it sounded this week was that he will be on a roster when training camp opens.
    Why would he sign with any team which doesn't play the Vikes twice a year? He's a horrid QB - unless he's playing us, and then he's a HOFer.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Who's to say he'll get any playing time with the Titans? I thought they were all excited to have Volek start this year.

boognish is offline Coordinator

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    Who's to say he'll get any playing time with the Titans? I thought they were all excited to have Volek start this year.
    As well they should be; Volek is a very good QB. You have to have a couple of backup QBs on your team in this league though. Vince isn't ready to play yet, so I think adding a guy like Collins would be a great move, in case Volek goes down. He might be able to teach Vince a thing or two about being a QB in the NFL too.
    I am a dipshit!!!

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"boognish" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    As well they should be; Volek is a very good QB. You have to have a couple of backup QBs on your team in this league though. Vince isn't ready to play yet, so I think adding a guy like Collins would be a great move, in case Volek goes down. He might be able to teach Vince a thing or two about being a QB in the NFL too.
    I'm not saying that it's a bad move on the Titans part. I just took the aricle to mean that he wants to actually play in the nfl next year (start). I could have interpreted it incorrectly.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Collins is a more than adequate backup...and may even be better than a few starters (Brooks for one, whomever starts in Buffalo for another).
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

"cajunvike" wrote:
    Collins is a more than adequate backup...and may even be better than a few starters (Brooks for one, whomever starts in Buffalo for another).
    You are partially right Cajun with the Brooks comparison, but I would rather have Kelly Holcomb (Buf) and he was okay when starting for Buffalo so I don't know why they don't stick with him. Holcomb is a solid backup and you can win with him because he makes smart decisions at QB.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."