Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Desertvikingfan is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Moves that could further screw up our chances of getting Calvin Johnson

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "Desertvikingfan" wrote:
    "SnoBumMN" wrote:
    We've always had the option of trading up for him.

The question has never been "could..."

It is a matter of BC taking the steps needed to make it happen. This is a question of action.
    No way in heckola. Chilli is more likely to shave his moustache and grow dreadlocks.

I see him trading down to get multiple first-day picks, and with what will probably be available at number 7...? Not the worst of ideas, IMO.
    Actually it's a question of whether it's good for the Vikings or not. BC doesn't make that decision, Speilman, Wilf and BC make that decision and if they decide it's good for the Vikes I think they will make it happen. Personally, I don't think they will decide it's a good idea and will probably do as you said and trade down for more picks.
    But we STILL have to find a trade partner for it to work...sometimes it is just as hard to find someone to trade up with you.
    Totally agree, I think it will be difficult, but I think we have a better chance because we are at the cusp of the blue chip picks, I've read a lot of scenarios here with Carolina, Miami, Jets, but nothing that sounded reasonable.

marcosMN is offline Star Spokesman

"Desertvikingfan" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "Desertvikingfan" wrote:
    "SnoBumMN" wrote:

It is a matter of BC taking the steps needed to make it happen. This is a question of action.
    No way in heckola. Chilli is more likely to shave his moustache and grow dreadlocks.

I see him trading down to get multiple first-day picks, and with what will probably be available at number 7...? Not the worst of ideas, IMO.
    Actually it's a question of whether it's good for the Vikings or not. BC doesn't make that decision, Speilman, Wilf and BC make that decision and if they decide it's good for the Vikes I think they will make it happen. Personally, I don't think they will decide it's a good idea and will probably do as you said and trade down for more picks.
    But we STILL have to find a trade partner for it to work...sometimes it is just as hard to find someone to trade up with you.
    Totally agree, I think it will be difficult, but I think we have a better chance because we are at the cusp of the blue chip picks, I've read a lot of scenarios here with Carolina, Miami, Jets, but nothing that sounded reasonable.
    I never questioned anyone's motivation for their actions or lack thereof... I was just saying, it's not likely to happen.

And are you saying that he would NOT be good for this team?

I think whatever team ends up drafting CJ will be better for it, regardless of who it is.
    -Sno

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Not so fast fellas,

I've been saying all along that I believe we will make a move for CJ.
    I see a good window of opportunity for us to pull off a deal with the Browns.....

PS,

If you end up cooking my crow dinner, I like it served with a side of turnip.....Thanks

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

"SnoBumMN" wrote:
    "Desertvikingfan" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "Desertvikingfan" wrote:
    "SnoBumMN" wrote:

I never questioned anyone's motivation for their actions or lack thereof... I was just saying, it's not likely to happen.

I think whatever team ends up drafting CJ will be better for it, regardless of who it is.
    There are lot of folks that are blaming BC for all the moves or non moves and I was just saying I think the decision that are made by the team are done by BC, Speilman and Wilf and I'm sure those decisions are thought out. I'm not saying CJ would NOT be good for the team, he would more than likely be a great addition, that doesn't mean trading picks to get him is good for the team, that's all. I agree with you, I don't think it will happen, that's jmo but, it may not be the Triangles opinion. Any of that make sense?

marcosMN is offline Star Spokesman

"Desertvikingfan" wrote:
    "SnoBumMN" wrote:
    "Desertvikingfan" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "Desertvikingfan" wrote:
    [quote author=SnoBumMN link=topic=32280.msg546152#msg546152 date=1173310467]

There are lot of folks that are blaming BC for all the moves or non moves and I was just saying I think the decision that are made by the team are done by BC, Speilman and Wilf and I'm sure those decisions are thought out. I'm not saying CJ would NOT be good for the team, he would more than likely be a great addition, that doesn't mean trading picks to get him is good for the team, that's all. I agree with you, I don't think it will happen, that's jmo but, it may not be the Triangles opinion. Any of that make sense?
    [/quote]

We appear to be on the same page, my friend...
    -Sno

ibleedpurple06 is offline Training Camp

"NordicNed" wrote:

Not so fast fellas,

I've been saying all along that I believe we will make a move for CJ.
    I see a good window of opportunity for us to pull off a deal with the Browns.....

PS,

If you end up cooking my crow dinner, I like it served with a side of turnip.....Thanks
    I agree... if CJ is still left a 3, which is a remote possibility if Oakland takes Russel and Detroit takes thomas, then the browns who are in the market for a quarterback now (quinn) and not Adrian Pederson, could trade with us and move down to 7, in which case Quinn will still most likely be there, they get their quarterback, we get our receiver.. it all works out, it's just the question if childress will give up what it takes to move to 3.

"SnoBumMN" wrote:
    "Desertvikingfan" wrote:
    "SnoBumMN" wrote:
    "Desertvikingfan" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    [quote author=Desertvikingfan link=topic=32280.msg546169#msg546169 date=1173311492]

[/quote]

We appear to be on the same page, my friend...
    [/quote]Well said. ;D Nice looking pup.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Desertvikingfan" wrote:
    "SnoBumMN" wrote:
    "Desertvikingfan" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "Desertvikingfan" wrote:

[/quote]

Don't forget our Capologist also.
    He makes sure the numbers/$$$ are right
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12