Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 63
  1. #21
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Move over, AP, make room for Chris Johnson

    "HEY" wrote:
    You're kidding right? You must be. Nobody's better than Adrian Peterson.
    Stop looking at the numbers and ask the defenders instead. The defenders are not focusing on Chris Johnson as much as they're focusing on Adrian Peterson. That's pretty incredible considering that Adrian has a Hall of Famer candidate behind center, while Chris has a bust playing QB.
    Any actual proof that defenders are not focusing on Chris Johnson as much as they're focusing on AD?

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  2. #22
    BBQ Platypus's Avatar
    BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Saint Paul, MN
    Posts
    3,027

    Re: Move over, AP, make room for Chris Johnson

    "HEY" wrote:
    You're kidding right? You must be. Nobody's better than Adrian Peterson.
    Stop looking at the numbers and ask the defenders instead. The defenders are not focusing on Chris Johnson as much as they're focusing on Adrian Peterson. That's pretty incredible considering that Adrian has a Hall of Famer candidate behind center, while Chris has a bust playing QB.
    The truth is, Chris Johnson DOES face a lot of 8-man fronts, and will only continue to face more with Vince Young under center.
    Really, who else do the Titans have?

    6.66 yards a carry is absurd, and I expect that'll go down - not because he's bad, but because NOBODY is that good.
    He'll regress toward the mean of his abilities (which is still pretty gol 'darnit high).


    "This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

  3. #23
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Move over, AP, make room for Chris Johnson

    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Sajid28" wrote:
    ill take AP over him anyday.. AP has better vision, stroger, more elusive than CJ. AP gets 8-9 in the box and still runs for 1700. That is something special. plus all i gotta say is three numbers. [size=18pt]296[/size]

    talk to me when u even can get close to that number
    296 is amazing, but that was 2 years ago. 2 weeks ago Johnson had 228yards, better than all but 1 of Petersons best games(the 296). Johnsons week two 197yards was also better than any Peterson game since the 296.
    So far this season Johnson has been the leagues best back, I fully expect Peterson to have the best season, especially considering how 1 dimensional the Titans offense is and how much our passing offense has improved.

    Unrelated, but I heard that the Vikings are using more max protection plays than in years past, especially on passing downs. Is this true and how would that effect the running game?
    max protect wouldn't really affect hte run game, that just means they're keeping backs and tight ends in to pass block.
    You don't max protect on rushes.

  4. #24
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Move over, AP, make room for Chris Johnson

    "Sajid28" wrote:
    im not saying the guy cant even hold onto his jockstrap. im saying that if im starting a franchise, to me its a no brainer than im going with AP.
    If I'm starting a franchise, I'm not taking a running back, no matter how good he is.
    Those guys are 8-year-career dudes.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  5. #25
    BBQ Platypus's Avatar
    BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Saint Paul, MN
    Posts
    3,027

    Re: Move over, AP, make room for Chris Johnson

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "HEY" wrote:
    You're kidding right? You must be. Nobody's better than Adrian Peterson.
    Stop looking at the numbers and ask the defenders instead. The defenders are not focusing on Chris Johnson as much as they're focusing on Adrian Peterson. That's pretty incredible considering that Adrian has a Hall of Famer candidate behind center, while Chris has a bust playing QB.
    Any actual proof that defenders are not focusing on Chris Johnson as much as they're focusing on AD?

    =Z=
    And that, my friend, is the problem with statistical analysis in football.
    You can't measure how much defenses focus on him.


    "This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

  6. #26
    HEY's Avatar
    HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    2,201
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Move over, AP, make room for Chris Johnson

    "BBQ" wrote:
    "HEY" wrote:
    You're kidding right? You must be. Nobody's better than Adrian Peterson.
    Stop looking at the numbers and ask the defenders instead. The defenders are not focusing on Chris Johnson as much as they're focusing on Adrian Peterson. That's pretty incredible considering that Adrian has a Hall of Famer candidate behind center, while Chris has a bust playing QB.
    The truth is, Chris Johnson DOES face a lot of 8-man fronts, and will only continue to face more with Vince Young under center.
    Really, who else do the Titans have?

    6.66 yards a carry is absurd, and I expect that'll go down - not because he's bad, but because NOBODY is that good.
    He'll regress toward the mean of his abilities (which is still pretty gol 'darnit high).
    I have not seen Titans play as much as I've seen the Vikings, but it looks like defenders get in "super focus-mode" everytime they see Adrian near the football. No other back in the league get that much attention from the defenders.

  7. #27
    echizen20's Avatar
    echizen20 is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    65

    Re: Move over, AP, make room for Chris Johnson

    I'd rather have Adrian Peterson on my team than any other running back in the league.
    He is fast, strong, aggressive, has great vision, has great cuts, etc, etc, etc, and is one of the most exciting players to watch in the NFL.
    I think Chris Johnson is a very good and speedy RB but I believe AP is the better back overall.
    When i watch Chris Johnson play, i just see him outrunning people and blazing through the field, but when i watch AP play, i see him running over CBs, juking LBs and making them miss or dragging them 15-20 yards down the field (like how he did against GB), Sheds one or two tackles and then accelerates like a bullet through the field, just a combination of great speed, power, vision, and finesse whenever he runs.

  8. #28
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Move over, AP, make room for Chris Johnson

    "echizen20" wrote:
    I'd rather have Adrian Peterson on my team than any other running back in the league.
    He is fast, strong, aggressive, has great vision, has great cuts, etc, etc, etc, and is one of the most exciting players to watch in the NFL.
    I think Chris Johnson is a very good and speedy RB but I believe AP is the better back overall.
    When i watch Chris Johnson play, i just see him outrunning people and blazing through the field, but when i watch AP play, i see him running over CBs, juking LBs and making them miss or dragging them 15-20 yards down the field (like how he did against GB), Sheds one or two tackles and then accelerates like a bullet through the field, just a combination of great speed, power, vision, and finesse whenever he runs.
    He also fumbles, has to be taken out on 3rd downs because of shaky blocking and takes on defenders on the sidelines when he should save his body by going out-of-bounds.


    I'm as big a fan of Purple Jesus as anyone, but I pride myself on not being blind to his (and other Vikings') faults.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  9. #29
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: Move over, AP, make room for Chris Johnson

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "echizen20" wrote:
    I'd rather have Adrian Peterson on my team than any other running back in the league.
    He is fast, strong, aggressive, has great vision, has great cuts, etc, etc, etc, and is one of the most exciting players to watch in the NFL.
    I think Chris Johnson is a very good and speedy RB but I believe AP is the better back overall.
    When i watch Chris Johnson play, i just see him outrunning people and blazing through the field, but when i watch AP play, i see him running over CBs, juking LBs and making them miss or dragging them 15-20 yards down the field (like how he did against GB), Sheds one or two tackles and then accelerates like a bullet through the field, just a combination of great speed, power, vision, and finesse whenever he runs.
    He also fumbles, has to be taken out on 3rd downs because of shaky blocking and takes on defenders on the sidelines when he should save his body by going out-of-bounds.


    I'm as big a fan of Purple Jesus as anyone, but I pride myself on not being blind to his (and other Vikings') faults.

    =Z=
    I'm waiting for AD to be that all-around back.
    He's getting closer.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  10. #30
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: Move over, AP, make room for Chris Johnson

    "Sajid28" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "Sajid28" wrote:
    ill take AP over him anyday.. [size=10pt][size=10pt]AP has better vision, stroger, more elusive than CJ.[/size][/size] AP gets 8-9 in the box and still runs for 1700. That is something special. plus all i gotta say is three numbers. [size=18pt]296[/size]

    talk to me when u even can get close to that number
    May I ask how you know who has better vision, stronger and more elusive?

    Johnson faced a heavy dose of 8-9 men in the box as well last year with Collins at QB.
    The difference is Lendale White had more reps than did CT.
    I am not saying Johnson is better than AP.
    I am saying that Johnson can definitely compete with AP.
    He has also had over 200 yards rushing before in a game.
    He also had 197 rushing and 87 receiving in another.
    That's not 296 but it doesn't mean he isn't capable.
    im not saying the guy cant even hold onto his jockstrap. im saying that if im starting a franchise, to me its a no brainer than im going with AP. im sure even packer fans can agree that AP is stronger, just ask Al Harris. And if you want to see how elusive he is go ahead and ask the Browns defense. As for vision, its clear AP has better vision, more patience, he waits until his blocks sets up, finds holes, turns something out of nothing by hitting the outside.

    the only aspect of the game that id say CJ has the upper hand, is by probably ball control (fumbles) and maybe receiving, but that is not fair to say concerning the fact that CT gets 3rd downs.
    To you it may be a no brainer but not to everyone.
    I am sure Titan fans think Johnson is better than AP.
    I am not sure how clear it is, as you say, that AP has better vision than Johnson.
    AP does have a habit of rushing the LOS at times.
    He hits his holes very quick and often when there is that hole he can take advantage of it.
    But Johnson hits his holes and sees them pretty clearly too.


    Packer fans can say what they want but they see Chris Johnson 1x/4 years.
    They've only played him once.
    They have played AP 6 times now.
    Not a fair assessment.
    In fact, the one time GB played Johnson he had 89 yards rushing and 72 receiving.
    Not too shabby.
    I am sure AP has the better reputation than Johnson but evidently some are looking harder at Johnson now that he isn't sharing reps with White anymore.


    As far as elusiveness do you think Johnson isn't elusive?


    Again, I am not saying nor am I hinting that Johnson is better than AP.
    What I am saying is some of what you are saying is true about both players.
    There is no way in hell you or I can make a fair assessment of who has better vision, who is stronger or who is more elsuive when judging the two.
    In fact, AP has difficulty on short down situations.
    Does Johnson?
    That is where the "vision" and "strength" are needed most.
    Let's not throw out the fact AP has a better team around him this year.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Chris Johnson is the best RB in the NFL
    By skum in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-16-2011, 08:24 PM
  2. Vikings Make A Move
    By Marrdro in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-16-2010, 11:27 AM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-04-2008, 12:32 PM
  4. Make room on the Bandwagon.....
    By Frozen Tundran in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 01-12-2005, 09:46 PM
  5. Springs gone now, make a move RED!!!!
    By dart18 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-04-2004, 02:35 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •