Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 63
  1. #11
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: Move over, AP, make room for Chris Johnson

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    "swardsooner" wrote:
    Oh yes, by all means pin your hopes on Mr. Wonderlic (Score: 6).
    Vince doesn't understand the offense, so he takes off running...it will catch up.

    Good first half for Johnson...talk about him when Tennessee is sitting at home during the playoffs.
    exactly !!

    I'll take solid numbers and the chance of going to the big dance as opposed to high figures and sod all to show for it when the regular season finishes
    Not really the point of the article, now is it?

    =Z=
    Wxactly!
    Why are people getting defensive about an article?

  2. #12
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: Move over, AP, make room for Chris Johnson

    "molineviking" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com...s_Johnson.html

    [size=12pt]Move over, AP, make room for Chris Johnson[/size]
    Cold, Hard Football Facts for November 10, 2009

    Adrian Peterson is widely considered the best running back in the league.


    The Cold, Hard Football Facts say he’s not.

    They say that it’s time for AP to step aside and make room atop the RB totem pole for Tennessee superman Chris Johnson.

    The big news is not that Johnson leads the NFL in rushing yards (959), or that he’s more than 100 yards ahead of the No. 2 guy in the list (Cedric Benson, 837); or that he’s 175 yards ahead of Peterson (784).

    The big news is that Tennessee’s second-year man averages a mind-boggling 6.66 yards every time he carries the ball this year. He’s cranked out his 959 yards on just 144 attempts. Peterson, for his part, averages a solid 4.81 YPA (163 for 784).
    =Z=


    Theres no doubt Johnson is a speedy stud, I'll stick with AP, he's fast, and bigger and stronger, The issue with who's 1st 2nd or 3rd in the RB rankings isn't that important IMO, Peterson is a key component on our team, And frankly I wouldn't trade him for any other back in the league.

    Excellent post.
    I agree.
    Johnson is a stud RB.
    It doesn't mean I or anyone would want him over AP.
    Who gives a rat's fat ass if a sportswriter thinks he's better?

  3. #13
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Move over, AP, make room for Chris Johnson

    "ejmat" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    "swardsooner" wrote:
    Oh yes, by all means pin your hopes on Mr. Wonderlic (Score: 6).
    Vince doesn't understand the offense, so he takes off running...it will catch up.

    Good first half for Johnson...talk about him when Tennessee is sitting at home during the playoffs.
    exactly !!

    I'll take solid numbers and the chance of going to the big dance as opposed to high figures and sod all to show for it when the regular season finishes
    Not really the point of the article, now is it?
    Wxactly!
    Why are people getting defensive about an article?
    I will admit, I knew I was throwing a log onto the fire when I posted it.
    But, damn, 6.66 yards/carry is insane.

    And, with the shit at QB that the Titans have going this year, Johnson is facing as many, if not more, 8-in-the-box fronts as AD.

    Why does appreciating your own preclude appreciating others?

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  4. #14
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: Move over, AP, make room for Chris Johnson

    "Sajid28" wrote:
    ill take AP over him anyday.. [size=10pt][size=10pt]AP has better vision, stroger, more elusive than CJ.[/size][/size] AP gets 8-9 in the box and still runs for 1700. That is something special. plus all i gotta say is three numbers. [size=18pt]296[/size]

    talk to me when u even can get close to that number
    May I ask how you know who has better vision, stronger and more elusive?

    Johnson faced a heavy dose of 8-9 men in the box as well last year with Collins at QB.
    The difference is Lendale White had more reps than did CT.
    I am not saying Johnson is better than AP.
    I am saying that Johnson can definitely compete with AP.
    He has also had over 200 yards rushing before in a game.
    He also had 197 rushing and 87 receiving in another.
    That's not 296 but it doesn't mean he isn't capable.

  5. #15
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: Move over, AP, make room for Chris Johnson

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    "swardsooner" wrote:
    Oh yes, by all means pin your hopes on Mr. Wonderlic (Score: 6).
    Vince doesn't understand the offense, so he takes off running...it will catch up.

    Good first half for Johnson...talk about him when Tennessee is sitting at home during the playoffs.
    exactly !!

    I'll take solid numbers and the chance of going to the big dance as opposed to high figures and sod all to show for it when the regular season finishes
    Not really the point of the article, now is it?
    Wxactly!
    Why are people getting defensive about an article?
    I will admit, I knew I was throwing a log onto the fire when I posted it.
    But, damn, 6.66 yards/carry is insane.

    And, with the shit at QB that the Titans have going this year, Johnson is facing as many, if not more, 8-in-the-box fronts as AD.

    Why does appreciating your own preclude appreciating others?

    =Z=
    Agreed Z.
    It's fine to think or know the Vikings have the best RB in football but there is no reason to get angry when other backs are mentioned in the same breath.

  6. #16
    BBQ Platypus's Avatar
    BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Saint Paul, MN
    Posts
    3,027

    Re: Move over, AP, make room for Chris Johnson

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    "swardsooner" wrote:
    Oh yes, by all means pin your hopes on Mr. Wonderlic (Score: 6).
    Vince doesn't understand the offense, so he takes off running...it will catch up.

    Good first half for Johnson...talk about him when Tennessee is sitting at home during the playoffs.
    exactly !!

    I'll take solid numbers and the chance of going to the big dance as opposed to high figures and sod all to show for it when the regular season finishes
    Not really the point of the article, now is it?
    Wxactly!
    Why are people getting defensive about an article?
    I will admit, I knew I was throwing a log onto the fire when I posted it.
    But, gol 'darnit, 6.66 yards/carry is insane.

    And, with the pooh at QB that the Titans have going this year, Johnson is facing as many, if not more, 8-in-the-box fronts as AD.

    Why does appreciating your own preclude appreciating others?

    =Z=
    +1.
    The fact that Johnson is a stud doesn't detract from AD one bit.

    Frankly, I don't think there's enough of a difference between the two to say one is definitively better than the other.
    Even the slightest difference in circumstances can provide a big change in results.
    And not all the results show up on paper.
    Most big runs involve at least one big block from a wide receiver.
    Even something as small as the release of Robert "I suck at every aspect of my job except blocking" Ferguson can make a difference. The transition from Birk to Sullivan has, I think, caused a bit of a change (though Sullivan is doing a pretty good job and will only get better).

    Additionally, receiving numbers aren't that significant for an RB unless you're Brian Westbrook.
    What high numbers of receptions for RBs usually means is that a team doesn't have any other options (or has a really conservative coach/QB).
    Notice how CT's receptions have gone down this year now that we have Favre and Harvin.

    This doesn't bother me any.
    Numbers are for fantasy football.
    I won't lose any sleep over the fact that Johnson is putting up better numbers than Peterson.
    Last time I checked, we're 7-1 and they're 2-6.


    "This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

  7. #17
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Move over, AP, make room for Chris Johnson

    "BBQ" wrote:
    This doesn't bother me any.
    Numbers are for fantasy football.
    I won't lose any sleep over the fact that Johnson is putting up better numbers than Peterson.
    Last time I checked, we're 7-1 and they're 2-6.
    True, so true.
    Rather be 7-1 with the #3 rusher in the league than 2-6 with #1.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  8. #18
    HEY's Avatar
    HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    2,201
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Move over, AP, make room for Chris Johnson

    You're kidding right? You must be. Nobody's better than Adrian Peterson.
    Stop looking at the numbers and ask the defenders instead. The defenders are not focusing on Chris Johnson as much as they're focusing on Adrian Peterson. That's pretty incredible considering that Adrian has a Hall of Famer candidate behind center, while Chris has a bust playing QB.

  9. #19
    Sajid28 is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    810

    Re: Move over, AP, make room for Chris Johnson

    "ejmat" wrote:
    "Sajid28" wrote:
    ill take AP over him anyday.. [size=10pt][size=10pt]AP has better vision, stroger, more elusive than CJ.[/size][/size] AP gets 8-9 in the box and still runs for 1700. That is something special. plus all i gotta say is three numbers. [size=18pt]296[/size]

    talk to me when u even can get close to that number
    May I ask how you know who has better vision, stronger and more elusive?

    Johnson faced a heavy dose of 8-9 men in the box as well last year with Collins at QB.
    The difference is Lendale White had more reps than did CT.
    I am not saying Johnson is better than AP.
    I am saying that Johnson can definitely compete with AP.
    He has also had over 200 yards rushing before in a game.
    He also had 197 rushing and 87 receiving in another.
    That's not 296 but it doesn't mean he isn't capable.
    im not saying the guy cant even hold onto his jockstrap. im saying that if im starting a franchise, to me its a no brainer than im going with AP. im sure even packer fans can agree that AP is stronger, just ask Al Harris. And if you want to see how elusive he is go ahead and ask the Browns defense. As for vision, its clear AP has better vision, more patience, he waits until his blocks sets up, finds holes, turns something out of nothing by hitting the outside.

    the only aspect of the game that id say CJ has the upper hand, is by probably ball control (fumbles) and maybe receiving, but that is not fair to say concerning the fact that CT gets 3rd downs.


  10. #20
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,281

    Re: Move over, AP, make room for Chris Johnson

    "Sajid28" wrote:
    ill take AP over him anyday.. AP has better vision, stroger, more elusive than CJ. AP gets 8-9 in the box and still runs for 1700. That is something special. plus all i gotta say is three numbers. [size=18pt]296[/size]

    talk to me when u even can get close to that number
    296 is amazing, but that was 2 years ago. 2 weeks ago Johnson had 228yards, better than all but 1 of Petersons best games(the 296). Johnsons week two 197yards was also better than any Peterson game since the 296.
    So far this season Johnson has been the leagues best back, I fully expect Peterson to have the best season, especially considering how 1 dimensional the Titans offense is and how much our passing offense has improved.

    Unrelated, but I heard that the Vikings are using more max protection plays than in years past, especially on passing downs. Is this true and how would that effect the running game?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Chris Johnson is the best RB in the NFL
    By skum in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-16-2011, 08:24 PM
  2. Vikings Make A Move
    By Marrdro in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-16-2010, 11:27 AM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-04-2008, 12:32 PM
  4. Make room on the Bandwagon.....
    By Frozen Tundran in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 01-12-2005, 09:46 PM
  5. Springs gone now, make a move RED!!!!
    By dart18 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-04-2004, 02:35 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •