Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Scout200 is offline Training Camp

Most Underrated/Overrated Players in the NFL?

Out of all the players in the NFL, who is the most overrated and underrated and why?

-Scout
    None

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Re:Most Underrated/Overrated Players in the NFL?

Overrated: Bryant McKinnie(should not be a pro-bowler)
    Underrated: EJ Henderson(should be a pro-bowler)

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Overrated: Leinart, Brady, P. Manning, Willis, Dre Bly, Champ Bailey, Aaron Rodgers, Revis, OchoCinco, Bardford, S. Jackson, Forte, Ryan, Grant, AJ Hawk, Ryan Matthews, Woodson, Bigby, Donald Driver, Fitzgerald, Jay Cutler

Underrated: Cushing, AD, Favre, Owens, Turner, Camarillo, Campbell, Colt McCoy, Greg Jennings, Calvin Johnson, Matt Stafford

I could go all day.
    We're bringing purple back.

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer

gregair13 wrote:
    Overrated: Leinart, Brady, P. Manning, Willis, Dre Bly, Champ Bailey, Aaron Rodgers, Revis, OchoCinco, Bardford, S. Jackson, Forte, Ryan, Grant, AJ Hawk, Ryan Matthews, Woodson, Bigby, Donald Driver, Fitzgerald, Jay Cutler

Underrated: Cushing, AD, Favre, Owens, Turner, Camarillo, Campbell, Colt McCoy, Greg Jennings, Calvin Johnson, Matt Stafford

I could go all day.
    Agree with Campbell, i always thought he got a raw deal as every year he had a new offense to learn.

Also like Stafford, think the kid has a big big future in the game, he is as tough as hell too.

Erinnn is offline Starter

Johnson14 wrote:
    gregair13 wrote:

I could go all day.
    Agree with Campbell, i always thought he got a raw deal as every year he had a new offense to learn.

Also like Stafford, think the kid has a big big future in the game, he is as tough as hell too.
    I think Stafford impressed everyone in the game against the Browns.

Some of yours have to be a joke. Favre underrated? That's like saying Christians don't think Jesus is all that important. Cushing was voted rookie defensive player of the year and selected for the Pro Bowl, what higher awards do you think he deserved? I can only assume people's opinion of him following the failed drug test and suspension somehow factor into your logic.

When did anyone outside of Chicago think Cutler was that good (other than his Pro Bowl year)? Same goes for Forte after his rookie year. At one point in their career some of these guys may have been overrated, but I think opinions/expectations of quite a few of them have been lowered.

I've also never considered Ochocinco to be a premier receiver in the league. He just knows how to market himself so it's hard to say he is overrated when no one other than himself thinks he's that good.

For me you can put anyone drafted in 2010 that's already being hyped up into the overrated category. I don't believe in throwing around accolades for someone who hasn't done shit in the league yet.

gregair13 wrote:

I could go all day.
    Nice list.

Aaron Rodgers will always be overrated here. He can't win big games, he takes too much sacks etc.

I don't know where Ryan Grant, AJ Hawk and Atari Bigby get overrated.

Packers fans are on Grant for not breaking tackles, not looking, running into his own O-linemen and starting the season off slow.

Hawk usually gets crap for being mediocre all around. He's a different player than he was at Ohio St. Servicable, but nowhere near the impact player the Pack envisioned.

Bigby is injured half the time. He had a great 2007 season, but a lot of people are already shouting for Morgan Burnett to start over Atari.

Then Donald Driver and Charles Woodson. They deserve the praise they get, imo.

Donald Driver gets hyped over his backstory, the way he gets up after every hit, is very physical and has been consistently good. I don't see what's not right about that.

Charles Woodson's play speaks for itsself if you ask me, but I guess you've seen something.

Yes, I'm going to take this thing seriously.
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf

Randy Moss is offline Pro-Bowler

Over: AJ Hawk, Vikings O-line, Matt Forte (mostly last year I guess), Jason Carter (I'm sure there's still people on this site who want him back lol), Tom Brady, Joe Flacco

Under: Calvin Johnson, Cedric Griffin, Stephen Jackson, Reggie Bush, Tony Romo, Mcnabb, Steve Smith

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

gregair13 wrote:

I could go all day.
    Sure you could throw names out all day, but that doesn't mean they are all right. A couple ones I disagree with:

Leinart: Are you kidding me? OVERrated? No one has anything good to say about him, I don't know where you get your sports news, but this kid isn't rated highly by anyone I know.

Stephen Jackson: This guy is the lone high point in arguably the shittiest team in the league. You never here him complain, or get into locker room disputes, and he always gets out there and gives it tons of effort. If anything he's under rated as a running back. Imagine if he was on a real team.

Brady/Manning: They are what they are. Two future first ballot HOFers, no over rating here. Maybe a little to much time spent on their nuts, but they aren't over rated.

Bradford/McCoy: How can you say Bradford is over rated and Colt is under rated when neither has played a meaningful snap in the NFL. You can't make that judgement, you're just basing it off of their college careers, which is dumb.

I agree with most of the rest, and especially Ryan Grant. I think what happens with him is people start talking about him and how he's so under rated as a back, then they start over rating him because they are so worried about him not getting enough recognition. He's a solid back who won't win you any games, but won't lose them either.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Formo is offline Team Alumni

I'm REALLY hoping Greg wasn't serious with his choice of players. Otherwise I fear my football respect for him will plummet. =P
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Formo wrote:
    I'm REALLY hoping Greg wasn't serious with his choice of players. Otherwise I fear my football respect for him will plummet. =P
    Ding ding ding. We have a winner. But look at all the nice responses were made after my post. I shall construct another list for you vultures to rip apart.
    We're bringing purple back.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast