Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: The most overrated attribute in football

"C" wrote:
    Honestly, I think Jeff Garcia is a great example of a mobile QB. When he played in Cleveland, I was going to school there and got to see him play every Sunday (I was surprised that they got rid of him... he wasn't the problem), but he could scramble, evade the pass-rush and make plays with his feet while still delivering a beautiful pass.
    Case Western?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"Zeus" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    Honestly, I think Jeff Garcia is a great example of a mobile QB. When he played in Cleveland, I was going to school there and got to see him play every Sunday (I was surprised that they got rid of him... he wasn't the problem), but he could scramble, evade the pass-rush and make plays with his feet while still delivering a beautiful pass.
    Case Western?

=Z=
    Zeus, you know I'm not that smart. Kent State University.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"C" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    Case Western?
    I was trying to be nice and not say "Cleveland State?"

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"Zeus" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    Case Western?
    I was trying to be nice and not say "Cleveland State?"

=Z=
    Hey... at least they're The Vikings
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Clearly the most overrated attribute in an NFL player (according to GMs) is character.

Tom Brady and Peyton Manning have good mobility, they just aren't great runners.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Yeah I agree with Mardro and I also think QB mobility is important and a very good asset to have. If your Offensive Line can protect the QB at all times its not so important, Petyon and Tom don't have great mobility but they do have some, both move well within the pocket and have quick feet. These two also have very stellar Offensive Lines protecting.

I think Booty has solid Mobility, he can role out and make the throw and he's also quick footed. Jackson has all the mobility in the world, he's also a very strong guy who can break the grasp from the big boys making it difficult to get sacks on him.

I'm really exited and have acknowledged that the sky is the limit with Tarvaris, he has all the physical tools you could ask for but he needs to get his time in. I also think that its important that Tarvaris knows that he will have to evolve as a QB if he has a long carear, the strong legs and speed will disappear and he will have to become a pocket passer with good mobility. I think he has already shown the willingness to hang in the pocket and deliver the ball and would rather pass then run, but on the other hand it will be very difficult to defend Tarvaris if he can become a true West Coast QB unlike Michael Vick while having great talent to make plays with his legs. Combine his talents with AP, our Oline and our WR's and we could be very explosive.

Steve Young was a great player who had awesome mobility outside of the pocket as well as in.

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

"StillPurple" wrote:
    The most overrated attribute in football is "quarterback mobility". People will say things like "this QB has mobility and that makes him so special" (Vick, etc.). But the reality is that modern defenses (Tampa 2, etc.) are set up to minimize the ability of the QB to run downfield. REAL QB mobility is the small steps inside the pocket that a QB takes, not runs downfield. Watch Peyton Manning or Tom Brady. Every step Brady takes is deliberate and has a purpose, and he has awesome "mobility", while running downfield very, very rarely. Real mobility is inside the pocket mobility.
    you are mixing up Running QB(vick), and mobile QB(garcia,mcnabb,romo)

I dont think being mobile, moving in the pocket, is overrated what so ever. U cannot be a statue in the backfield(bledsoe,testeverde) in this day an age, u have to be able to move in the pocket.

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    Clearly the most overrated attribute in an NFL player (according to GMs) is character.

Tom Brady and Peyton Manning have good mobility, they just aren't great runners.
    Wow I'm not a GM but I certainly don't agree with that. IMO Character is very important for the locker room and the team in general. Its best to build a team with great talent and character. I think that Ardius Bowman was a perfect example of a character issue who did not get drafted or signed and is now playing in a lower league. Character is huge and if they pay no attention to it they could find there players names constently in the news paper. It would surprise me to find out that the Bengals GM said this, certainly not ours...

I definitly agree on this, good mobility but they are not great runners.

"dcboardr41" wrote:
    "StillPurple" wrote:
    The most overrated attribute in football is "quarterback mobility". People will say things like "this QB has mobility and that makes him so special" (Vick, etc.). But the reality is that modern defenses (Tampa 2, etc.) are set up to minimize the ability of the QB to run downfield. REAL QB mobility is the small steps inside the pocket that a QB takes, not runs downfield. Watch Peyton Manning or Tom Brady. Every step Brady takes is deliberate and has a purpose, and he has awesome "mobility", while running downfield very, very rarely. Real mobility is inside the pocket mobility.
    you are mixing up Running QB(vick), and mobile QB(garcia,mcnabb,romo)

I dont think being mobile, moving in the pocket, is overrated what so ever. U cannot be a statue in the backfield(bledsoe,testeverde) in this day an age, u have to be able to move in the pocket.
    Yup yup Toney Romo has some the best pocket mobility I've ever seen, love watching him play.

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

When I first read the tittle I was thinking "speed" right away.
    I also think "size" is overrated.

People get judged to fast because of this. If a 17 year old kid is under 5-9, some coaches will already say he'll never become a QB just because of his height. STUPID!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast