Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Moss in TC

smoot2boot is offline Rookie

Re: Moss in TC

Collins can get the job done. I mean the guys been to a Super Bowl with far less of a recieving corp than Moss-Porter, the problem is he had a defense when the Giants made it. The Raiders didn't do enough on the defensive side this offseason. The Raider's are gonna be a team similar to the Vikings of the past couple years, plenty of offense but not enough defense to win consistently.
    God, I hate you Joe Buck!

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"V-Unit" wrote:
    If I had to pick one QB to mess up a Moss-Porter combo I think it would be Kerry Collins. The Raiders have a great offense but he is definetly the weakest link. There is a reason the Giants got rid of him and drafted Eli instead.
    i could think of a few worse QB's.. quite a few actually.. but yah he is the weakest link

One thing I noticed...

Both Philly and Green Bay could possibly have some bad chemistry problems (at least on offense) this season. Both T.O. and Javon Walker are being little girls and both of their quarterbacks are calling them out on it. We dont have that problem this year with Moss gone. Culpepper seems to be getting tight with his WRs, while our our competition's relationships are getting worse. Good thing for us!

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

Moss and Warren Sapp were at the miami game the other night. Odd couple I must say ukeright:

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

moss and sapp are like the next starsky and hutch lol

dopenose420 is offline Rookie

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    "V-Unit" wrote:
    If I had to pick one QB to mess up a Moss-Porter combo I think it would be Kerry Collins. The Raiders have a great offense but he is definetly the weakest link. There is a reason the Giants got rid of him and drafted Eli instead.
    i could think of a few worse QB's.. quite a few actually.. but yah he is the weakest link
    man i don't see where collins gets all this hate from. he's not a great qb, but their weakest link is their run game not their qb. jordan might be good, but he's never had the chance to show it long term and until he does show it, the run game is oaklands prob.

collins is a damn fine qb, and has a great deep ball. he's the perfect qb to run the raiders offense with a wideout like moss. then you add porter and curry or whoever else you want and collins is going to be scary this year.

he's no longer the collins the drunkard and didn't deserve to get run outta ny. it was what 3 years prior he got the giants to a superbowl, sucks the league is so much a what have you done for me lately league.

del rio is right, picking up collins as a 2nd qb or even your first in fantasy football is a damn smart pick.
    [b:4b97d41fa6]Hey Green Bay...[/b:4b97d41fa6]
    [img:4b97d41fa6]http://webpages.charter.net/jferrell/w.gif[/img:4b97d41fa6]

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

"cajunvike" wrote:
    Training Camp, that is!

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3581444

That was sneaky!! TC!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    Training Camp, that is!

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3581444

That was sneaky!! TC!
    GOTCHA!!!! :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

"I think the thing in Minnesota is, I tried to reach out to too many people and tried to change my ways, of being more open to people, especially in the front office and also my teammates," he said. "And it came to stab me in the back or backfire on me.

"When given the opportunity, I don't really step up and voice my opinions. But I think when things get out of hand like they did in Minnesota, that's just what happened. If you all give me my space and let me do what I want to do as far as playing football, then I think we're going to have a good time here."

Friday morning, Moss joked and smiled widely enough to show off his teeth's braces for receiving partner Jerry Porter during the first practice. Saturday afternoon, Moss blew two yards past four-time Pro Bowl cornerback Charles Woodson on a post route.

This was about an hour before a chauffeured Cadillac drove Moss away from team headquarters for the second consecutive day.

And it was just hours after Moss declared this weekend is the beginning of improving one of his weaknesses: shorter routes.

"When I was back in Minnesota, things got out of control with them trying to tailor the offense around me," said Moss, who has the most receiving yards (9,142) and second-most touchdowns (90) over the first seven years of a career in NFL history.

"They took me out of the short game in Minnesota. ... That's one of my weaknesses, probably the short game, knowing what to do when given a situation within 10 yards. I'm just happy they're letting me learn that right now."

Moss is the centerpiece of an offensive remodeling owner Al Davis says will allow his boys to win now -- perhaps in spite of their still-to-be-determined defense.

A new featured running back, LaMont Jordan, is in via free agency from the New York Jets to resuscitate the league's worst rushing offense (80.9 yards per game) in 2004. The Raiders also re-signed Porter, who potentially could be the biggest individual benefactor from opponents focusing on Moss.

Moss said he would be fine with decreased numbers among that talent -- conditionally, that is.

"Are we winning, or are we losing?" Moss asked that scenario-giver. "Of course I can [if we're winning]."

Coach Norv Turner, who seems a bit slack-jawed with having Moss here, said: "The best thing we have going is, we don't have to depend on him. If other teams are focused on him, we've got other guys to go to."

Porter, for one, noticed what is immediately evident: Moss, listed as 6-4, will be taller than almost every other skill-position player on the field each weekend.

"He's a lot taller than I thought he was," Porter said. "He's slim, but he's fast as hell. I didn't think he moved that fast, but he can move."

----------

Sigh

He's going to go off...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

akvikefan89 is offline Star Spokesman

"Del Rio" wrote:
    If the Raiders got T-Ho that would be too much talent not enough footballs being tossed. Maybe the Pack will get him instead of Walker.

I think he should be forced to play for the Ravens.
    No, the Titans :lol:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast