Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

Re: Moss says he supports Culpepper

Wait a minute!

I thought Kerry Collins was much better than Daunte and Moss would now flourish with a QB that can throw the deep ball, and now this statement. WTF is going on?
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

boognish is offline Coordinator

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    I love Moss for what he did for the Vikings.. He was and is one hell of a football player.. I also loved Pep, but you can't show no love for a guy that forced his way out of Minnesota.. The Moss deal was under the McStupid era, so I blame him.. Pep wanted out, and that is what he got. I wish him the best of luck, except when he plays us..
    You're right about Culpecker; how can anyone have love for a guy who forced his way off the team? I hope he has a terrible career from here on out, and will boo him loudly whenever he plays.

As for Moss, I don't think we received enough value in compensation for him, but he has shown himself to be quite injury prone over the last several seasons; I think his best days are behind him. If Williamson ever pans out, we'll look back at the Randy Moss trade as a stroke of genius...of course, that's a big "if"; T.Will didn't show us much last year...the jury's still out.
    I am a dipshit!!!

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    :laughing3: :sign5:
    I might get a boot up my silliness for that silliness, but I had to put it out threre.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Does it still really matter what Moss thinks? Even if it did, come on guys, this is cookie cutter response to a question asked by the press. I don't expect Randy to slander Daunte's name for no reason.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

The Moss trade put 6 million in Red's pocket at a time he knew he was going to take his money and run.

Culpepper decided to live and play in Florida. It was the perfect time for him to make that change. He set it up with a request for more money and by being unresponsive to new ownership, management and coaching staff.

This stuff is purely business. Culpepper was a gentleman his whole career in Minnesota. I would remind you he was aquitted in the boat scandal.

I am gratefull for the effort he gave our team in the past and wish him no ill will in the future.

However, he and Moss are no longer Vikings therefore I don't much care what they say or do.

If they want to have a reach around party, that's their business.

PS. Anyone who wishes an injury on anyone needs to check their mirror!
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

mr.woo is offline Team Alumni

i miss moss he really didnt do anything i couldnt see myslef doing in his shoes. but pepp? cmon you gotta show resentment towards him or you are not a true vikings fan.
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

Prophet Guest

"singersp" wrote:
    "VikingNed" wrote:
    I still miss Moss and feel he got the short end of the stick with his dealings....Culpepper, well I fell just the oposite, he got what he was wishing for and worked for...........But I still beieve, his wife was holding the pom pom's behind ole pep.......
    I have come to agree with that. It does explain why his attitude changed 180 degrees from the time he was injured. Pep was never like that before.
    I remember Ned being the first to pick up on that scenario. It makes sense, the big change due to Culpepper's 'cruise' experience and his wife going through hell in her personal life. It all adds up to a quick exit from the Twin Cities. Either that or Culpepper lost it or showed his true colors or a combination of the above. I like to believe it was the 'wife theory'.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Prophet" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "VikingNed" wrote:
    I still miss Moss and feel he got the short end of the stick with his dealings....Culpepper, well I fell just the oposite, he got what he was wishing for and worked for...........But I still beieve, his wife was holding the pom pom's behind ole pep.......
    I have come to agree with that. It does explain why his attitude changed 180 degrees from the time he was injured. Pep was never like that before.
    I remember Ned being the first to pick up on that scenario. It makes sense, the big change due to Culpepper's 'cruise' experience and his wife going through hell in her personal life. It all adds up to a quick exit from the Twin Cities. Either that or Culpepper lost it or showed his true colors or a combination of the above. I like to believe it was the 'wife theory'.
    It also got him out of that piece of shit his agent called a contract.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12