Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Moss says he supports Culpepper

Posted on Sat, Jun. 03, 2006

[size=18px]Moss says he supports Culpepper[/size]

BY SARAH ROTHSCHILD
    Knight Ridder Newspapers

MIAMI - After watching the Minnesota Vikings roast quarterback Daunte Culpepper publicly, wide receiver Randy Moss wants his former teammate to ``shut his critics up.'

Moss, now with the Oakland Raiders, watched Culpepper's ``Love Boat' scandal unfold and his saga with the Vikings unravel from afar. So now, Moss wants Culpepper to find redemption as he starts anew with the Dolphins.

``Hopefully, he can just shut his critics up,' Moss said Saturday. ``Just by knowing the person that Daunte is, I think he'll pay them back.'

Moss, in town for teammate Zach Crockett's football camp at Ely High in Pompano Beach, Fla., an event part of The Crockett Foundation, repeatedly expressed a desire to see Culpepper's resurgence.

``The way everything happened in Minnesota, I really want to see him come out and do what he's supposed to do, and hopefully coach Nick Saban can get some players around him so he can go out there and do what he needs to do,' Moss said.

Before last season, Moss said the Raiders' Kerry Collins was a better quarterback than Culpepper, a three-time Pro Bowl selection. But on Saturday, the wideout said he believes Culpepper can be special without him.

``I think that my success was already established before Daunte got there,' said Moss, who was drafted by the Vikings one year before Culpepper. ``He's got a lot of things as far as his talent and ability to be a quarterback and a running quarterback. We benefited from each other, so I don't really tip my hat toward myself or him.'

They haven't spoken in several months, with their most recent conversation occurring when Oakland was among the teams interested in acquiring Culpepper. Moss said they talked briefly about the Raiders and whether it would be a good fit for Culpepper. Moss maintained that he had no preference whether Culpepper landed in Oakland, and it hardly mattered, because the Dolphins traded for Culpepper on March 15.

Moss also said he and Culpepper remain friends and hopefully will reconnect before the regular season.

``We're still cool,' Moss said. ``We talk every now and then, but he has his career to get back a hold of, and I have mine to get a hold of, also. We're not moving in different directions, but our profession is moving us in different directions.'

Moss says he supports Culpepper

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Moss says he supports Culpepper

well isnt that just adorable

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

I still miss Moss and feel he got the short end of the stick with his dealings....Culpepper, well I fell just the oposite, he got what he was wishing for and worked for...........But I still beieve, his wife was holding the pom pom's behind ole pep.......

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

twill is offline Starter

i hope greenway knocks pepps knees out when we play them nov 19, and i hope we destroy them in a nasty blow-out. key to stop pepp = blitz his brains out, when teams would blitz him, he wouldnt know wut to do. hopefully tomlin can put sumthing together

"VikingNed" wrote:
    I still miss Moss and feel he got the short end of the stick with his dealings....Culpepper, well I fell just the oposite, he got what he was wishing for and worked for...........But I still beieve, his wife was holding the pom pom's behind ole pep.......
    I have come to agree with that. It does explain why his attitude changed 180 degrees from the time he was injured. Pep was never like that before.

"twill" wrote:
    i hope greenway knocks pepps knees out when we play them nov 19, and i hope we destroy them in a nasty blow-out. key to stop pepp = blitz his brains out, when teams would blitz him, he wouldnt know wut to do. hopefully tomlin can put sumthing together

You show no class at all wanting another player to be injured. I am embarressed you call yourself a vikings fan.
    You republican whore!

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"VikingNed" wrote:
    Just curious, does your wife tell you how to pour concrete? :razz:

I wish DC would have said:

There was an old SNL (I think) skit, "shut up b*tch and go make me a sam-wich." That pops into my head when thinking about this.

:laughing3: :sign5:

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Good glad they got eachothers backs..

Im a huge Pep and Moss supporter.. Im glad they were here and did what they did.. Neither did anything wrong

I hope they both have steller years next year

I had some of my favorite Vikes games with these 2

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

I love Moss for what he did for the Vikings.. He was and is one hell of a football player.. I also loved Pep, but you can't show no love for a guy that forced his way out of Minnesota.. The Moss deal was under the McStupid era, so I blame him.. Pep wanted out, and that is what he got. I wish him the best of luck, except when he plays us..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast