Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Ayresd is offline Training Camp

Moss Lovers.............

Check out the comments at the bottom of the link.............

http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/2006/11/raiders-randy-moss211106.html

Maybe we can swop him for Williamson??????
    See, Jesus Is Purple..

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

Re: Moss Lovers.............

"Ayresd" wrote:
    Check out the comments at the bottom of the link.............

http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/2006/11/raiders-randy-moss211106.html

Maybe we can swop him for Williamson??????
    There is NO WAY he's coming back here next year so don't EVEN go there...

Besides, I don't know if I TAKE him over Williamson - at LEAST Williamson tries...
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

ChezPizmo is offline Coordinator

Oh yeah, benching him is smart.
    :

Not like the Raiders have very many weapons on offense besides him. And even if he does wake up on the wrong side of the bed and doesn't feel like catching footballs, he is still a good diversion for the defense when he lines up.
    [size=11pt]"The only thing better than food & football is maybe Brett Favre."

[size=8pt]

-John Madden on Thanksgiving while on "Mike & Mike In The Morning"

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

williamson is one of this leagues worst receivers..good luck getting a 6th or 7th for him
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Just what we haven't had in forever a bring back Moss thread!!!!

Wow how original, nobody on this site has discussed the possibility of Moss coming back to Minnesota, ever!

Gee the Oakland fans are sick of Moss's whining and complaining and his do what I want attitude!
    Haven't seen that before have we!

Yet no matter what the guy does according to his disciples, it's never his fault!

He is miss understood!

He tells it like it is!

He does too try on every play!

No that wasn't his weed, he was holding it for somebody!

No he didn't run over the meter-maid, he gave her a lift down the road!

No he didn't walk off the field early there wasn't enough time to get the return and then run a play when we were only down by less than a touchdown.

What other ones have I missed?

What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Having been a very ardent supporter of Moss - prior to and subsequent to the trade - I will gladly refute your post.

"whackthepack]<br" wrote:
    [quote]

While this topic has indeed surfaced numerous times, it has been made quite clear by most posting that it is the production Moss gave us at the time he was here that we would really rather see.
    No one on the roster today is capable of doing so, nor do any of them
    - especially drop-prone Troy Williamson - seem likely to grow into the role.

"whackthepack]Yet" wrote:
    [quote]

I have never claimed that nothing was ever his fault, I have simply stated - time and again - that the mitigating circumstances in many of the points used against Moss are ignored or dismissed in the pursuit of bashing him.
    Much like I have stood up for Brad Johnson in recent weeks, in many of the Anti-Randy threads of the past I have attempted to judge Randy based upon the totality of the circumstances...something most Moss-bashers refuse to consider.

Further, everything Randy has done has been "his fault".
    It is simply that when viewed in context with everything else taht was transpiring, the incident often becomes less significant than when it is taken out of context and overblown.

[b]"whackthepack]He" wrote:
    [quote]

I don't think he's misunderstood at all.
    Everyone understands exactly what he is and what he brings to the table.
    He's a truck load of talent with an ego to match.
    He has said some things that he probably shouldn't have said, but on the field in Minnesota he produced.
    And, even taking plays off, he out produced anyone else on the field.

"whackthepack]He" wrote:
    [quote]

Yes, in fact he does...from HIS perspective.
    In that regard, Randy is much like anyone else - you and I included - in that he may not have all facts available to him, and he is capable of comming to the wrong conclusions.
    Doesn't everyone who has ever said anything, posted anything, or written anything operate under the same conditions?
    I think so.

The problem is, Randy's get national attention...something you or I will likely never have.
    His words get rehashed by "experts" over and over.
    The get reinterpreted, they get analyzed, and finally, they get regurgitated in the form of sound bites to best suit whichever angle the current reporter wishes to highlight.

I'm fairly certain that I could dredge through YOUR posts, pull out bits and pieces of them, and paint YOU to be a complete silly guy...and, given sufficient time, you could do the same to me.
    While you or I might consider that to be in bad taste, the Media does it EVERY DAY.

So, while Randy may or may not "tell it like it is", we all know that reporters have an agenda...and a boring "randy tells it all" story is nowhere near as exciting as a contrived "Moss puts foot in mouth" sound bite.

"whackthepack]He" wrote:
    [quote]

No one ever claimed that.
    However, he outproduced anyone else on the field with him...even when he DID take a play off.
    He DEMANDED a double on every single play....that's why our supporting receivers got open.
    Look how well our passing game has done without him.

"whackthepack]No" wrote:
    [quote]

I believe that was from his college days.
    I couldn't care less about that.
    However, since you bring it up, have you ever smoked weed?
    How many other members here have ever toked on a doobie?
    If you want to make this an issue, you cannot apply it situationally, you have to apply it to everyone.

So, how many people do you now have to condemn?

"whackthepack]No" wrote:

He didn't run her over, he idled his vehicle ahead and she refused to move.
    Further, she lacked the authority to block his vehicle in the first place.
    SHE was wrong.
    Granted, his response was wrong too, but the fact that it was "fruit of the poisonous tree" rendered it moot.

"whackthepack]No" wrote:
    Granted, walking early is never a good thing...no matter who you are.
    Yet Brett Favre walked with 37 seconds on the clock in '02...and no one said a word.
    In the media, it was a non-issue.
    So, again, Randy gets special treatment for this?

No, I didn't like it, but I liked even less the media storm that followed.
    The very same hypocrits that refused to take on Favre for a 37 second walk-off HAMMERED Randy for 2 seconds.
    Jimmy Johnson's "Now Randy" lecture was the epitome of assinine when he - and everyone else - failed to deliver that same lecture to Favre.

Again, you cannot apply the rules or standards as you wish -either they apply to everyone or not at all.

[quote author=whackthepack]What other ones have I missed?
    The two that spring to mind are:
    1:
    The faux moon in Lambeau.
    2:
    The squirting water at the official.

Now, all of that said, I am of the opinion that we should NOT go out of our way to reaquire Moss.
    I'm not sure he still has what he once did - at least, no one has seen it since he left.
    While bringing him here would give us a big-play receiver again, and force defenses to compensate accordingly, I don't think that he would want to come here under the new regime.
    And, I'm fairly certain that the new regime doesn't want him.

I miss the Randy Moss that gave us the opportunity to score from anywhere on the field at any time in the game.
    I think we all do.
    And, if we could get THAT back, I'd welcome it - regardless of the name on the jersey.
    But I don't see it happening.

Do you have anything else you wish to discuss on this topic?

Caine

Del Rio Guest

What do you expect, you say selfish things to the media, you act selfish, you have a reputation for being lazy especially if you feel things aren't going your way. I can't blame the Raider fans for feeling that way.

It's very sad that a guy with that much talent is pissing it away by moaning and crying. He should work as hard as possible for himself. It will benifit his team, but if he is upset with his team he should just work as hard as possible to better himself and his game. He should go 100% every down, show his emotion on the field, try to take every single one to the house. Because moaning and calling out your coaches via the media is not helping him.

What is even more sad is he has turned into that guy that people who have him on their team have to figure out HOW to make happy. It's not healthy for a football team to have to give that much attention to a guys ego just so they can get him to play 100%

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"Del" wrote:
    What do you expect, you say selfish things to the media, you act selfish, you have a reputation for being lazy especially if you feel things aren't going your way. I can't blame the Raider fans for feeling that way.

It's very sad that a guy with that much talent is pissing it away by moaning and crying. He should work as hard as possible for himself. It will benifit his team, but if he is upset with his team he should just work as hard as possible to better himself and his game. He should go 100% every down, show his emotion on the field, try to take every single one to the house. Because moaning and calling out your coaches via the media is not helping him.

What is even more sad is he has turned into that guy that people who have him on their team have to figure out HOW to make happy. It's not healthy for a football team to have to give that much attention to a guys ego just so they can get him to play 100%

Not THIS post I agree with.
    Moss isn't what he once was.
    His production is down, his attitude currently is piss-poor, and I don't think he'd benefit our team one iota at this point.
    What we "Moss-Lovers" lament is the loss of what used to be...I don't think that anyone aware of current events really wants that brought to Minnesota.

We've had our fill of Prima-Donnas...we want great players who don't think the world revolves around them.
    Moss, despite what he used to be here, doesn't fit that mold.
    And, frankly, I doubt he could now if he wanted to.

Caine

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

It's often said that there are some places you should never go back to after a prolonged period of absence. By the same token you shouldn't bring back someone who played so well for us in the past - if he came back it just would not be the same Moss as we knew form before.
    Lets leave us with some happy memories please
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Can we put in some sort of thread blocker that automatically locks any threads with the word Moss in it?

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast