Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    SamDawg84 Guest

Re: Moss and TO join the Raider nation?

i read about that too. i dont think it is goin to happen. doesnt oakland not have a lot of money now? plus doesnt t-ho want a lot of money now? wat would oakland give him chicken feed?

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

the battle of their egos would destroy that team.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

There is no way in hell this would ever...ever...ever happen....Like you said the bash of egos...plus the raiders dont begin to have enough money to satisfye owens at all....If this happens...i sware to god I will streak during the superbowl this year.....

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    There is no way in hell this would ever...ever...ever happen....Like you said the bash of egos...plus the raiders dont begin to have enough money to satisfye owens at all....If this happens...i sware to god I will streak during the superbowl this year.....
    Im gonna hold you to that.

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

"we're going streakin'!"

that will ferrell is funny.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Not happening.. There was already a rumor about this wasnt there? I dunno i've seen weirder things happen.. This is actually a kinda fair trade.. Porter is pretty good.. Not close to as good as T-Ho.. But cheaper and alot younger.. No way does the Raiders have the cap room for T-ho

DemonicViking is offline Ring of Fame

If it's true then I'm not surprised they'd want to ship him to Oakland being as they're probably the only team that would take him off their hands.. it'd certainly shake things up if this transpired.. clash of the egos.. let's get ready to crumble!

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

lmao, WE'RE GOING STREAKING! THROUGH THE QUAD TO THE GYMNASIM!!! COME ON!

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

Prophet Guest

T.O.-FOR-PORTER TRADE RUMORS "LUDICROUS"
    Mike Florio
    30 June 2005

There are rampant rumors among NFL fans and media that the Philadelphia Eagle might send disgruntled wideout Terrell Owens to the Raiders for Jerry Porter.

One league insider termed these rumors "ludicrous." As the source said, "Anyone who knows anything about football knows that this deal will not happen. There's a better chance of the Eagles giving Owens a new contract, and the chances of that happening are zero."

The biggest impediment to such a deal is that the Raiders paid a $7 million signing bonus to Porter earlier this year. With the bonus spread over only five years per the CBA, Porter's current cap number is $2.4 million ($1.4 million bonus allocation and $1 million in salary). Trading him would cause the entire bonus to accelerate against the 2005 cap, pushing the total cap hit to $7 million, for a net increase of $4.6 million.

Picking up Owens' salary would chew up another $3.25 million in 2005 cap space, pushing the total cap cost of the deal to $7.95 million.

On top of that, Owens wants a new contract.

Also, it's important not to underestimate the reality that the Raiders recently handed one of those oversized PGA tour checks in the amount of $7 million to Porter. As Saints owner Tom Benson would attest, those are "real dollars." It's hard for any team to justify giving a guy $7 million -- and then sending him on his way.

If, after all, Al Davis had a set of vampire dentures in his pocket for T.O., Davis could have jumped into the bidding a year ago, when Owens was a quasi-free agent.

Besides, trading T.O. would be an implicit admission by the Eagles that Owens won the high-stakes stare down over the current value of his contract. Even if there would be a chance (and there ain't) of moving Owens to get a guy like Porter, the Eagles aren't going to do anything that would imply that the flinched.

So an Owens-for-Porter trade will not happen. Ever.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

I don't think this would ever happen, TO would not be able to deal with a teammate of his catching 10 passes for 150 yards and 2 TD's a game.

Besides, how would Oakland afford him, I thought they were in cap trouble and they signed Moss and Woodson. I don't understand how they'd be able to pay him more than 7 mill/year. They could conceivably cut all their other WR's and use Woodson as a 3rd wideout.

That is kind of crazy to imagine, though. It would rank up there with Carter and Moss, Rice and Taylor, Reed and Lofton, as one of the best duos of all time. Oh yeah, for those of you that said it would be THE best 2 WR's, I believe you're wrong, it would be #1, and #3. Got to give Harrison #2.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast