Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Re: Moss: 'I would love to come back to Minnesota'

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1091855
    Quote Originally Posted by "12purplepride28" #1091814
    I would love for us to bring him back. If we have a QB that can get it to him then he can still be an important part of our offense. Only thing I don't like about him being here is that while he would help Percy develop as a player, he would definitely have a negative effect on Percy as a person. And for the love of God, don't give the man tennucis.
    Wait a minute, wait a minute.......

Are you saying that the Brady can't get it deep or we didn't have a QB that could throw it deep last year? :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:
    I know you think you're trapping me or some bull like that, but I've said it a hundred times that Favre wasn't good last year. He played crappy and I can admit it. Only difference between us is that you don't admit he played incredible the year before.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "12purplepride28" #1091886
    I would love for us to bring him back. If we have a QB that can get it to him then he can still be an important part of our offense. Only thing I don't like about him being here is that while he would help Percy develop as a player, he would definitely have a negative effect on Percy as a person. And for the love of God, don't give the man tennucis.

Are you saying that the Brady can't get it deep or we didn't have a QB that could throw it deep last year? :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:
    I know you think you're trapping me or some bull like that, but I've said it a hundred times that Favre wasn't good last year. He played crappy and I can admit it. Only difference between us is that you don't admit he played incredible the year before.
    Favre wasn't good, that's for sure. But Randy frigging quit on that deep ball in New England and there's no excuse for that BS.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

No my friend, I'm not trying to trap you. I'm not that complex or smart. I just love to talk football, whatever the subject.

My comment was geared more towards the Randy side of the discussion. Something along the lines that he just can't get open anymore, mostly for two reasons....

A. He has lost a bit (not alot mind you) of his step...
    B. Teams have figured out how to defend him cause he really only runs 1 or 2 routes.

Thats were I was trying to go with you. Not sure if you remember, however, I was very excited when we first signed him and really thought the staff was going to try to use him much the way we used Rice (short to intermediate/possesion reciever).

Alas, that didn't work out that way.

Again, please don't think I am trying to trap you. Its just me trying to keep a discussion going. Sometimes I suck at it, but try none-the-less. :laugh:

Edit: And I have admitted that he played way beyond my expectations and was the best thing we could have had with respect to player development (TJ, Sully, Rice, Harvin). You must have missed those posts. I will admit they didn't come out very often, but they did come out. :laugh:
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "Zeus" #1091888
    Favre wasn't good, that's for sure. But Randy frigging quit on that deep ball in New England and there's no excuse for that BS.

=Z=
    Excellent post my friend. Good to see the avatar again. B)
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

=Z=
    Oh I know he did and it pissed me off. But I'd take half ass Randy over (full ass?) Berrian/Lewis/Whatever other reject WRs we have any day
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "12purplepride28" #1091907

=Z=
    Oh I know he did and it pissed me off. But I'd take half ass Randy over (full ass?) Berrian/Lewis/Whatever other reject WRs we have any day
    I suppose you could just say that those guys are ass. Plain and simple, ass.

And I'm not talking Jessica Biel or Sarah Shahi... think Phil Margera or Cathy Bates.

And I don't want any of them on the team. Give me Titus Young in the draft to replace Berrian and I'll be happy.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1091854
    Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1091812
    Quote Originally Posted by "jmcdon00" #1091804
    Sorry Moss, you may want to come back, but we don't want you! New England and Tennessee don't want you either. Go find another team to dissapoint.

No way he comes back to Minnesota.
    I wish he would. If we had a coach with a clue, he'd be a great addition to our otherwise unimpressive receiver corps.

Caine
    OK, I will play your silly game. Take the Chiller out of the equation and just go with Bellicheat and Fisher. Are you saying those coaches don't have a clue?

Seriously, it isn't like its that hard to use PatsRandy....Hey PatsRandy, run a 9 route. He PatsRandy run a 8 route.
    I'm saying that you have a great capacity to ignore the obvious... especially when it doesn't fit with your current belief system.

In 2007, Moss was good for 98 receptions, 1,493 yards, and 23 TD's.
    In 2007, he racked up a paltry 69 catches, 1,008 yards, and 11 TD's.
    In 2009, he posted totals of 83 catches, 1,264 yards, and 13 TD's.

Yup...he's finished....

In 2010, Bellicheck, knowing Moss wasn't going to get a big payday from New England, elected to have him traded...and got our 3rd rounder. This wasn't because Moss was washed up - he had no indications of being so - but rather because (IMO) Bellicheck believed he could get Branch back to take Moss'es spot, and he would then get SOMETHING for Moss. Worked out well for Bill.

He came here, was misused by that idiot HC we had, and was released (by the same idiot).

He wound up in Tennessee where they had QB issues to contend with. Randy had to learn a new system, AND try and contend with Rusty Smith and Kerry Collins at QB after Vince Young was removed.

Further, take a look at the Titans stats last season. Their leading receiver was CHRIS JOHNSON...their RB. And there were plenty of statements made by the Titans that Randy's lack opf production had very little to do with Randy himself.

But you have an axe to grind. You're so desperate to prove that Moss was/is a failure, that you conveniently ignore every relevant FACT around the matter, and warp the events in order to pontificate about how washed up he is.

Fact is, he isn't.

Is he the best in the NFL? Probably not. Andre Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, and others have surpassed Randy on the field....finally. But the fact of the matter is that Randy isn't that far down the list. And I'd be willing to bet that he's got another 2-3 solid seasons in him.

So until you have something more compelling than his naked stat lines in Minnesota and Tennessee, you're basically whistling Dixie out your kiester...

Caine

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1091857
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1091826
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1091783
    "Me and coach Brad Childress really didnít have no problems man," Moss said. "I guess I probably said a few things after the New England game that really got my exit out of there very quickly. But I still have love in Minnesota. Iíve grown to love that state, the city of Minneapoli
    Moss: 'I would love to come back to Minnesota'

Uhhhhhhhh Ohhhhhhhhh. Kindof flies in the face of what alot of you believe on here.

LOL.

Again, I still say it was the Chiller telling the owners he was right about not wanting the Noodle and not the Moss thing that got him fired.

.......snicker......
    Holy fucking pot calling the kettle black.

If this article was about how Moss hated Minnesota and thought Chilly was a dick, you wouldn't even post this.

When player say something you don't agree with, we need to just ignore it and realize it's all PR bullshit. When they say something like how Chilly wasn't a WWII Nazi Germany War Vet, you make sure we realize it.
    First, you can't say that I don't post articles that don't agree with what I think. Fact of the fricken matter is I do it all the fricken time so don't fricken come off with that fricken bullshit and try to say I fricken don't........

Sorry to all the other PPO posters reading this.

I_bleed_ just got on my shit list.
    You're right....you'd post it...

...then claim the author was a yutz reporter trying to cull favor with yutz fans...

...and then you'd pontificate on the REAL truth of the story (Which you would consistently fail to support with anything remotely close to a FACT while ignoring all of the FACTS that contradicted everything you were preaching)...

Don't you get dizzy trying to spin all this bullshit?

Caine

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Quote Originally Posted by "jargomcfargo" #1091816

I'm going to LMAO here and say, we have Leo Lewis on our team; an oh yeah, Hank Baskett. Reality check.
    Leo Lewis is back?! :side:

I haven't seen him in a Vikings uniform in over 20 years. :P

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1091812
    Quote Originally Posted by "jmcdon00" #1091804
    Sorry Moss, you may want to come back, but we don't want you! New England and Tennessee don't want you either. Go find another team to dissapoint.

No way he comes back to Minnesota.
    I wish he would. If we had a coach with a clue, he'd be a great addition to our otherwise unimpressive receiver corps.

Caine
    Are we back to having an unimpressive receiving corp now?

You thought there was nothing wrong with our receiving corp when TJ was throwing to them. In fact, when he threw to a worse receiving corp than what we've had the past two years for Favre, you & PF claimed "We were only a QB away from a SB".

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast