Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Moss, greatest of all time?

"Del Rio" wrote:
    "PurplePackerEater" wrote:
    "SKOL" wrote:
    I'm not saying that I was in favor of the trade. I was sad, and nearly shed a tear over the thought of him leaving. I'd still take him back in a heartbeat, and even give away more than we got for him. I'm a huge Moss fan, and will continue to be. I'd give anything to see him come back his final year, similar to Chris Doleman, just to see him finish his career as a Viking.
    A stand up guy. I'm proud of you. Others should take note.

Me, I won't change my beliefs or my impression of Moss, so others can quit trying. I have a lot more will than you think I do.

I don't sit back and go with the flow just because "everybody is doing it". I'm not influenced by others, unless it is justified, then I'll be the first to admit I was wrong.

I do what I say I'll do, and I'll stand up for ANYONE that I feel is wronged. -And I put that on God...wanna try me??

Cowards.
    Get it through your head that NOT everyone loved him at all. Stop assuming you know because it is painfully obvious you do not.

I'm glad you have a undying desire for Moss. Good for you. Have fun with that. Some fans saw him for what he was from the begining. Some people do not appreciate his antics, some people did not appreciate his piss poor attitude, his lack of blocking, his I play when I want attitude. Some people are cool with that.

But stop pretending EVERYONE was in love with the guy. Stop generalizing the situation, stop calling people cowards because they do not agree with your infatuation.

The "cowards" that I'm calling out are the ones that(from reading old threads) were totally against the Moss trade and now have jumped on the Moss Bashing Bandwagon. It has NOTHING to do with agreeing with me. I saw it a hundred times before the draft, someone would start a thread with a write up on some player and that became the next must have player. People seem to be easily persuaded. Me, I'll think it through on my own, and come to my own conclusion. Not the media, not ppo, not joe buck. That's great that you have your own opinion of Moss "from the begining". I applaud you for holding a grudge that long, that's alot of weight.

Yeh, I understand that there are people that don't like Moss. (it's funny that they ALL show up in Moss threads, and you say I have an infatuation) But, where did I ever say that everyone likes/loves Moss? I don't remember.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

The problem here is that there are threads that are not about Moss, then somebody states their opinion on something and may add, "no that we got rid of Moss, we can build a better team".
    (That is not a direct quote, just an example)

Then it turns into a Moss thread. "Oh STFU, blah blah, blah, what was the thread about to begin with"?
    I for one, am sick and tired of all these threads turning into the Moss debate. How about the member who started the thread in hope of finding out what people think about the topic, and then it just turns into another Moss thread.

Now, I see the irony that this particular thread is about Moss, gloves off.

But, I am referring to the others that are not about Moss.

I know that a lot of members are sick of it, I am sick of it, and also I personally know the "Big Guy" around here is tired of it too.

Chill the "F" out, everybody.

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

blah blah blah Moss.

How about, forget it. He's not here. Moot point, folks. Get over it.

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    The problem here is that there are threads that are not about Moss, then somebody states their opinion on something and may add, "no that we got rid of Moss, we can build a better team".
    (That is not a direct quote, just an example)

Then it turns into a Moss thread. "Oh STFU, blah blah, blah, what was the thread about to begin with"?
    I for one, am sick and tired of all these threads turning into the Moss debate. How about the member who started the thread in hope of finding out what people think about the topic, and then it just turns into another Moss thread.

Now, I see the irony that this particular thread is about Moss, gloves off.

But, I am referring to the others that are not about Moss.

I know that a lot of members are sick of it, I am sick of it, and also I personally know the "Big Guy" around here is tired of it too.
    Chill the "F" out, everybody.
    I personally am sick of fighting off personal attacks while having a moment to talk about a Former Viking with other members of PPO having similar interests.

The Moss trade is still fresh on the minds of fans, like it or not, and probably will be for half of the upcoming season -due to fans that don't follow closely in the offseason and media comparisons. Those that want the word Moss to disappear may want to sit this season out. And if the season is a bust and/or the traded players aren't working out, you're going to hear it more often. And if it turns out that the Raiders go to the playoffs and the Vikings don't, you'll hear about it even MORE often.

FYI - If you are reading this and you are nausiated by the word Moss, you should have read the name of the subject and passed up this thread.

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

I find those who complain about any Moss talk as being anathema to any discussion of the current Vikings to be both foolish and a waste of time - but that's me.

Randy Moss - when (note when, not if) he wins his ring - will be, and should be, considered the best wideout in NFL history. Watch him do for Oakland what Terrell Owens did for Philadelphia.

And to spit upon what he did for this franchise - raising our scoring by TWO HUNDRED AND TWENTY POINTS from 97 to 98, his decimation of the Packers on one good leg, his keeping us in games we had no right to be in - just because he is no longer wearing the purple and gold is pathetic, and I hope the same type of crap is given to you in your everyday lives.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"webmaster" wrote:
    blah blah blah Moss.

How about, forget it. He's not here. Moot point, folks. Get over it.
    Yes sir! I know that I am done here...it's like trying to put out a forest fire with a garden hose (or a Whizzinator) anyway!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Prophet Guest

Wow, this thread didn't turn out like I expected. It was simply a recent article about Moss that questioned whether he will be one of the best ever.

It may be a good idea to offer quaaludes before the season gets underway so people can chill a little bit.

I thought the author of the article did a decent job making comparisons between some of the better receivers in the game by standardizing the stats at year 6 or whatever year it was and found it an interesting couple of minutes of my life reading the article, although it was kinda funny to see the tangents that resulted too.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"Prophet" wrote:
    Wow, this thread didn't turn out like I expected. It was simply a recent article about Moss that questioned whether he will be one of the best ever.

It may be a good idea to offer quaaludes before the season gets underway so people can chill a little bit.

I thought the author of the article did a decent job making comparisons between some of the better receivers in the game by standardizing the stats at year 6 or whatever year it was and found it an interesting couple of minutes of my life reading the article, although it was kinda funny to see the tangents that resulted too.
    Sorry that your thread went to pot (no pun intended).

We will do a better job of ensuring that this does not happen.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Jeez Purplepackereater, you make it seem like things were so rosey with Moss around. I like Moss alot, but we were not winning and we were collapsing each of the past two seasons.

It seems as though you would be satisfied with another season like last one if Moss was still here. Most of us would not be.

Now I'm not saying he is the reason for our poor seasons, but things needed to be shaken up. Personally I wouldn't have been averse to Tice leaving either, but that is another story alltogether.

Even if for some godforsaken reason we didn't make the playoffs next year, it has been shown that Moss alone does little to influence our success.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234