Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Moss, greatest of all time?

"PurplePackerEater" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    Moss is the most talented WR ever, however I don't think he will play as long as Rice has and won't put up similar stats. Even so, stats aren't everything.

Do any of you see Moss playing ANOTHER 7 years like his past seven. Because that is what it would take to even get close to Rice's numbers.
    I do.

Lets keep pisssing him off so that he has the ambition. :lol:
    Maybe you should just become a Raiders fan...and get it over with. They would appreciate your loyalty to Moss over there. Most of us here don't.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

I'm not saying that I was in favor of the trade. I was sad, and nearly shed a tear over the thought of him leaving. I'd still take him back in a heartbeat, and even give away more than we got for him. I'm a huge Moss fan, and will continue to be. I'd give anything to see him come back his final year, similar to Chris Doleman, just to see him finish his career as a Viking.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    Moss is the most talented WR ever, however I don't think he will play as long as Rice has and won't put up similar stats. Even so, stats aren't everything.

Do any of you see Moss playing ANOTHER 7 years like his past seven. Because that is what it would take to even get close to Rice's numbers.
    I do.

Lets keep pisssing him off so that he has the ambition. lol
    Maybe you should just become a Raiders fan...and get it over with. They would appreciate your loyalty to Moss over there. Most of us here don't.
    Ohhhh....big words, coming from a guy scared to list his favorite player, err, I mean "Yo Mama!"

I don't even understand what the connection is with the Raiders?.?. I haven't said anything about the Raiders, in fact, I don't even like the Raiders!

What's a Moss Hater posting in a Moss thread anyways. I think that you have some issues, I didn't even comment on your post...so shut the f*ck up!

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Cris Carter; the greatest in my book!

He was definitly GREAT. It was sad to see him burn out in Miami.

Carter and Moss was one heck of a pair, none better! IMO of course.
    I would not consider it a "burn out". He just hopped on in hopes of helping them get a ring. He only played in 5 games and was not their #1 or #2.
    I'm just saying that it would have been nice for him to go out on top. Not fizzle away on the crappy Dolphins.

I swear I'm always misunderstood. Sorry for wording things wrong, I'm not out here bashing Carter, like cajun bashes Moss.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Cris Carter; the greatest in my book!

He was definitly GREAT. It was sad to see him burn out in Miami.

Carter and Moss was one heck of a pair, none better! IMO of course.
    I would not consider it a "burn out". He just hopped on in hopes of helping them get a ring. He only played in 5 games and was not their #1 or #2.
    I'm just saying that it would have been nice for him to go out on top. Not fizzle away on the crappy Dolphins.

I swear I'm always misunderstood. Sorry for wording things wrong, I'm not out here bashing Carter, like cajun bashes Moss.
    No, don't be sorry. You saw it one way, I saw it another; I respect that. I was upset when he went to the fish, I wanted his career to end on a higher note than that.

"SKOL" wrote:
    I'm not saying that I was in favor of the trade. I was sad, and nearly shed a tear over the thought of him leaving. I'd still take him back in a heartbeat, and even give away more than we got for him. I'm a huge Moss fan, and will continue to be. I'd give anything to see him come back his final year, similar to Chris Doleman, just to see him finish his career as a Viking.
    A stand up guy. I'm proud of you. Others should take note.

Me, I won't change my beliefs or my impression of Moss, so others can quit trying. I have a lot more will than you think I do.

I don't sit back and go with the flow just because "everybody is doing it". I'm not influenced by others, unless it is justified, then I'll be the first to admit I was wrong.

I do what I say I'll do, and I'll stand up for ANYONE that I feel is wronged. -And I put that on God...wanna try me??

Cowards.

Whew...a lot has happened in this thread since I went to dinner. Had some catching up.

Paulbedy59 is offline Coordinator

I think Moss has the POTENTIAL to be the best ever.Whether he does or not is up to him.In my opinion alot of what went on was overblown.Like the taking plays off comment.All recievers do,if your on the right and it,s a run to the left,good time for a breather.It,s just Moss was honest enough to say it.Or he said it wrong IMO.
    If winning isn,t everything,why keep score?

Del Rio Guest

"SKOL" wrote:
    A stand up guy. I'm proud of you. Others should take note.

Me, I won't change my beliefs or my impression of Moss, so others can quit trying. I have a lot more will than you think I do.

I don't sit back and go with the flow just because "everybody is doing it". I'm not influenced by others, unless it is justified, then I'll be the first to admit I was wrong.

I do what I say I'll do, and I'll stand up for ANYONE that I feel is wronged. -And I put that on God...wanna try me??

Cowards.
    Get it through your head that NOT everyone loved him at all. Stop assuming you know because it is painfully obvious you do not.

I'm glad you have a undying desire for Moss. Good for you. Have fun with that. Some fans saw him for what he was from the begining. Some people do not appreciate his antics, some people did not appreciate his piss poor attitude, his lack of blocking, his I play when I want attitude. Some people are cool with that.

But stop pretending EVERYONE was in love with the guy. Stop generalizing the situation, stop calling people cowards because they do not agree with your infatuation.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

I still don't see where you think that I am bashing Moss...I like the guy and will defend his actions as his right to say and do what he wants.

BUT what I am tired of hearing is the whining and crying of how the Vikings made a mistake in trading him and how we would be so much better if he was still here. The fact of the matter is that he is gone and we are gonna win games without him...alot of games now that the Defense is going to be much better than the last several years...and also because the Offense will be much better than the naysayers think it will be without Moss.

Yes, Moss is a once-in-a-lifetime talent, but we don't have him anymore...so I don't really care what he does next year...I wish him a great season and a great career, but he won't be doing it for MY Vikings, so it doesn't mean much to me. I am gonna dance with the ones that the Vikings brung...and that is not bashing Moss, it is sticking with my boys, THE VIKINGS. Like it or not, Moss is now a RAIDER...and I don't root for the Raiders to win. Heck, Moss can have a 2000-yard season if he wants to...just as long as my Vikings win the Super Bowl. He can break every receiving record there is and I will give him his props...just as long as my Vikings bring home a pile of Super Bowl trophies, I will be happy.

I am not anti-Moss, I am pro-Vikings...and last time I checked, this was a Vikings fan site, not a Moss fan site. We don't have to hate him, but we don't have to dote on him either.

Feel free to peruse my past posts and quote all of the alleged "Moss bashing" that I did for all of us to see (I don't recall doing much, if any, of that)...otherwise, take your own advice...and shut the F*ck up!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast