Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    magicci is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Moss: Coach Killer

"Prophet" wrote:
    I'm glad Moss is no longer on the team, but I think this article is in the 'carrots cause cancer' category. I agee with Moss' reaction at the end of this video clip during their game last week.
    yup thats randy in that video. he was right though.

Guruzen is offline Starter

Randy's got a point... do you think the Bulls would have benched Jordan when a buzzer beater was needed?

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

"Guruzen" wrote:
    Randy's got a point... do you think the Bulls would have benched Jordan when a buzzer beater was needed?
    he has a good point but there is a better way to handle something like that than to start yelling at the head coach.

SamDawg84 Guest

moss must hate his head coaches.

MaddenVodkaAddict is offline Coordinator

"VikingsExpress" wrote:
    I would trade to get moss back. Why not? When he was here our offense was top ranked. The type of offense that daunte needs. Moss keeps eight men out of the box. Helps your running game, helps your passing game. Having a guy like moss basically opens the door for your slot reciever to have a breakout year. Take nate burelson for instance. This guy is no star reciever...the only reason he had the year he did is because he played slot. Thats how it was with Stokely over in Indy last year. You have a guy like Harrison and it will open things up. I think i would unload bennett, burleson and smoot for moss.
    Moss plus an OC for a coach = :grin:
    I Love Kerry Collins (and John Rocker).

SamDawg84 Guest

hey madden, ur name has my name in it lol

DemonicViking is offline Ring of Fame

"michaelmazid" wrote:
    "Guruzen" wrote:
    he has a good point but there is a better way to handle something like that than to start yelling at the head coach.
    Like smiling and asking politely if the coach can put him in the game? Coach says no (forgetting why Moss was brought to Oakland) but Randy continues to look on with a smile pretending everything is peachy so no one thinks any less of him if he decides to speak his mind. Norv assures Randy everything is cool, even if the raiders can't punch it in on all 4 attempts at the 1, we'll still celebrate says Norv, and go out for that milkshake afterwards.

No, I couldn't envision that happening.

ajefx is offline Rookie

This inane article calls Moss a 'Coach Killer' and insinuates that Moss had something to do with Tice being fired...totally ignoring the fact that Tice was HIRED because of Moss! Does anyone else remember Tice being hired (or kept at HC) after Green resigned because he said he could control the players (namely Moss) that Green failed to do late in his tenure.

Add in the fact the article acts as if we really were a better team this year than last year after losing Moss (25th in total offense this year vs. 4th last year; 20th in passing yards this year vs. 2nd last year; 27th in rushing offense and a 3.9 ypc this season vs. 18th and a 4.7 ypc last year; 19th in scoring offense vs. 6th last year; which one of these is an improvement?) and you've got a pretty pointless article. Throw in some speculation as to the Vikings predicting Moss's injuries this season (yeah...dude missed no games until last year and all of a sudden the Vikes knew the guy was 'injury prone'? Please.) AND the speculation that Moss wasn't really injured as badly as we thought, he was just unmotivated (make up your mind, Reusse). Faulting a player for playing hard and wanting to win a meaningless game for his team - how dare Moss try in week 17 for the 4-11 Raiders :roll:

I'm sure Tice loved not having Moss on his squad. I know I sure did when our offense came out stale to start the season and never got into form :duh:
    <<Hates Ted Cottrell with a passion

whiteboy is offline Pro-Bowler

"hailtocarter" wrote:
    "FedjeViking" wrote:
    The next question is...Will Oakland now trade Moss off just like we did? They are a fool if they don't! Moss is in need of an attitude adjustment, which will only come when he finds out his bad "I'll play when I feel like it" attitude is going to hurt his wallet in the end. Nobody wants a smart as', and won't pay a big salary for someone not willing to give their best, all the time
    The "I'll play when I feel like it" has nothing to do with it...he's just such a great player that even when he looks like he's half-assin it he still makes plays...Oakland definitely didn't make the best of Moss's talents this year, I don't blame him for being frustrated like in that video...they could have throw in up in the corner of the endzone 3 times and I guarantee they woulda come away with a TD...kinda reminds me of another team....I kinda feel bad for Moss, I really do think he just wants to win more than anyone else on that team.
    i agree 100%. i still miss seein #84 out of the field, he was an exciting player to watch. however, he still has growing up to do and i hope it comes soon for him. i'm still not completely over that trade, but the vikes can do it without him. he's one of the best wr's i've seen play the game

PurpleManiac is offline Pro-Bowler

It really pisses me off that the media only puts up the bad stuff he does............everything he does that is wrong they enlarge it and overplay it. Moss sure could be nicer but that is who he is. He will never change, people need to know that. You may not accept it, the media might not....his temper is his strength and his weakness. At least he doesn't try and garner the attention to himself like TO....

I would take Moss back in a heartbeat. That clip SUPPORTED Moss I think. How the heck are you not going to put him in???? If they cover him 1 on 1 I would chuck it for a jumpball anyday over any defender.

Moss' style really fits our offense because we're made to go vertical, Daunte's made to throw vertical.....there is no way they will trade Randy, especially back to us so we can just forget about it.

Thanks for the Sig LitlHarsh

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast