Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Moss: Coach Killer

I still miss the dude.. He just needs to grow up though.

DemonicViking is offline Ring of Fame

Another case of blindly pointing fingers and using someone as a scapegoat for someone else's failures. Moss did NOT get Turner fired, Turner simply was not cutting it out there. One win less than last season even with the acquisition of Moss whom basically went about his OWN business and didn't do anything that would be considered disturbing to the football world. It's obvious he was frustrated with Turner as you could see when he did that interview on ESPN but he didn't go about it in a criticising manner.. not that Norv wasn't deserving of any. And surely, the holier than thou could understand that if they were a playmaker and didn't have the opportunity to help their team during certain situations they might be inclined to go off and vent a little frustration the way Randy did.. specially during a losing season. On second thought, I have my doubts they would understand.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Moss will most likely have a ring before we do...sad but true...he will end up on a team that has a real chance to win...with a coach that will put him in situations where he can shine. He won't be asked to carry a team, only to enhance a strong running game and to be a deep threat when his offense gets the ball. His new team will also have a good enough defense to make his TDs count for something rather than one that will allow the other team to score shortly after he scores, thereby negating his efforts. I understand his frustration...you don't ignore your playmakers...at least Philly didn't ignore T-HO on the field, even when he was at odds with McCrab...I will give them that much.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

4-12 for the Raiders is not the fault of Moss. Turner getting fired is not Moss's fault. Addition by subtraction is a stoopid analysis. One of these days he will make a good team into a great team. Hopfuly not one in our division. Unless its us. :wink:

WWBGD

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

moss was the man but its clear that he best days are behind him so oh well....

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"RK." wrote:
    4-12 for the Raiders is not the fault of Moss. Turner getting fired is not Moss's fault. Addition by subtraction is a stoopid analysis. One of these days he will make a good team into a great team. Hopfuly not one in our division. Unless its us. :wink:
    I agree, the report I heard on TV was that Moss had been leaving right after all the games, putting on sweats and bolting. Then they said he must not like the coach so he got Turner fired.

Golly Jeeezzz......(moss' favorite non-swear word).....look at Turner's record with the Raiders. They wouldn't even tolerate that in Arizona.

Oh yeah, maybe Rob can call up the Raiders and ask them if we can have Moss back for our first rounder and Napo. :lol: JK ya'll wouldn't that be funny though, heck we might even through in Smoot.

FedjeViking is offline Ring of Fame

The next question is...Will Oakland now trade Moss off just like we did? They are a fool if they don't! Moss is in need of an attitude adjustment, which will only come when he finds out his bad "I'll play when I feel like it" attitude is going to hurt his wallet in the end. Nobody wants a smart as', and won't pay a big salary for someone not willing to give their best, all the time
    [move]"Our day WILL come!! I just hope I LIVE long enough to see it!"[/move]

hailtocarter is offline Asst. Coach

"FedjeViking" wrote:
    The next question is...Will Oakland now trade Moss off just like we did? They are a fool if they don't! Moss is in need of an attitude adjustment, which will only come when he finds out his bad "I'll play when I feel like it" attitude is going to hurt his wallet in the end. Nobody wants a smart as', and won't pay a big salary for someone not willing to give their best, all the time
    The "I'll play when I feel like it" has nothing to do with it...he's just such a great player that even when he looks like he's half-assin it he still makes plays...Oakland definitely didn't make the best of Moss's talents this year, I don't blame him for being frustrated like in that video...they could have throw in up in the corner of the endzone 3 times and I guarantee they woulda come away with a TD...kinda reminds me of another team....I kinda feel bad for Moss, I really do think he just wants to win more than anyone else on that team.

ChezPizmo is offline Coordinator

Don't get it wrong, Moss has the best talent of any player we have seen recently, and because of that, it has gone to his head. I am proud of him for not pulled a "T.O." when he just shut up when he was asked about Turned instead of trashing his. He said the smartest thing he has ever said, but not saying anything at all...

Whenever the Vikes marched into the frozen tundra for that great playoff game (atleast it was for us XD), he said he has Tice's back, and proved it by going out and scroing those 2 or 3 TDs like he had said he would for Tice.

You know when your playing with somebody, maybe some horse play, and everything is fun and playful til the other person is done, but you keep going not knowing when to quit? Thats what happened when Moss mooned his butt outta of Minnesota (though I love it and have it as my desktop). Moss = great talent, just let it go to his head =(
    [size=11pt]"The only thing better than food & football is maybe Brett Favre."

[size=8pt]

-John Madden on Thanksgiving while on "Mike & Mike In The Morning"

I would trade to get moss back. Why not? When he was here our offense was top ranked. The type of offense that daunte needs. Moss keeps eight men out of the box. Helps your running game, helps your passing game. Having a guy like moss basically opens the door for your slot reciever to have a breakout year. Take nate burelson for instance. This guy is no star reciever...the only reason he had the year he did is because he played slot. Thats how it was with Stokely over in Indy last year. You have a guy like Harrison and it will open things up. I think i would unload bennett, burleson and smoot for moss.
    Deliver us oh Lord, from the Fury of the Northmen.
    "Anonymous Christian Monk"

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast