Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18
  1. #1
    Garland Greene's Avatar
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    6,170

    More problems for the Bengals?

    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3176249

    Sounds like they are getting ready to implode.
    I find it funny that Palmer would blame the coaches when he did not have good second half of the season.

    CINCINNATI -- For the first time under coach Marvin Lewis, the Bengals took a big step backward. Their 7-9 finish was a stark reminder that there are long-standing problems with the franchise that haven't been resolved.

    Lewis is safe, but change could be coming to the coaching staff. The defense again finished near the bottom of the league, a common occurrence during Lewis' five seasons. The offense went stale, scoring fewer than 20 points in four of the last five games.

    Asked on Monday whether he thought the current coaching staff could take this team to the next level, quarterback Carson Palmer said, "I don't think so."

    But Palmer said it's not his call to make.

    "If I'm asked my opinion, I'll be more than happy to give it," Palmer said, according to the team's Web site. "I haven't been. This isn't my team. I'm the quarterback. If I can help in any way, I'd love to. I think I can be a valuable help and if a situation comes up, I'll help out."

    Lewis acknowledged that the team went stale, but defended his assistant coaches.


  2. #2
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916

    Re: More problems for the Bengals?

    Very nice.


    I wonder if I did a study on them what I would find.

    Do they spend alot of money on FA's?

    Do they draft wisely?

    What is the player turnover, i.e. do they resign thier good players etc.

    Stability my friends is the key to success.
    Lets hope our new ownership provides that stability at thier level that keeps our team on the right track.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  3. #3
    Garland Greene's Avatar
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: More problems for the Bengals?

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Very nice.


    I wonder if I did a study on them what I would find.

    Do they spend alot of money on FA's?

    Do they draft wisely?

    What is the player turnover, i.e. do they resign thier good players etc.

    Stability my friends is the key to success.
    Lets hope our new ownership provides that stability at thier level that keeps our team on the right track.
    The Begals are one of those teams that when we think bad things happen to us we just look at that team and realize things are not as bad as it seems.

  4. #4
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: More problems for the Bengals?

    Maybe they will give us Palmer and Johnson. I will take them anyday.

  5. #5
    Garland Greene's Avatar
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: More problems for the Bengals?

    "marstc09" wrote:
    Maybe they will give us Palmer and Johnson. I will take them anyday.
    I wouold take TJ Housyourmamma over Johnson

  6. #6
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: More problems for the Bengals?

    "Garland" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    Maybe they will give us Palmer and Johnson. I will take them anyday.
    I wouold take TJ Housyourmamma over Johnson
    Yes I would take him too!
    ;D

  7. #7
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916

    Re: More problems for the Bengals?

    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    Maybe they will give us Palmer and Johnson. I will take them anyday.
    I wouold take TJ Housyourmamma over Johnson
    Yes I would take him too!
    ;D
    For some reason I can't think of the WR that was hurt all year (Henry) that came back and now they are winning.
    I will take him over those two.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  8. #8
    vikesfargo's Avatar
    vikesfargo is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    600

    Re: More problems for the Bengals?

    In all seriousness, they should get a new sheriff in town, and his name is Dennis Green. Clean house. Chad Johnson needs to go play for the Raiders. The other malcontents need to go.

    If the Bengals let Carson Palmer or Housh go, however, that would just prove how inept that organization is.


    Go Vikings!

  9. #9
    tb04512's Avatar
    tb04512 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,803

    Re: More problems for the Bengals?

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    Maybe they will give us Palmer and Johnson. I will take them anyday.
    I wouold take TJ Housyourmamma over Johnson
    Yes I would take him too!
    ;D
    For some reason I can't think of the WR that was hurt all year (Henry) that came back and now they are winning.
    I will take him over those two.
    Chris Henry, he wasnt hurt he was suspended for something, but he has had multiple run ins with the law

    Thanks josdin00

  10. #10
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916

    Re: More problems for the Bengals?

    "tb04512" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    Maybe they will give us Palmer and Johnson. I will take them anyday.
    I wouold take TJ Housyourmamma over Johnson
    Yes I would take him too!
    ;D
    For some reason I can't think of the WR that was hurt all year (Henry) that came back and now they are winning.
    I will take him over those two.
    Chris Henry, he wasnt hurt he was suspended for something, but he has had multiple run ins with the law
    Marrdro recants his previous post.
    Probably why his old head couldn't remember the violator named Henry.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. You think you have problems......
    By vikeswin2005 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-26-2006, 03:20 AM
  2. PROBLEMS AS I SEE IT
    By Hitstick31 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-04-2005, 05:57 AM
  3. Problems
    By Blackshirtz in forum Help / Suggestion Box
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-11-2005, 02:58 PM
  4. FA problems
    By Webby in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-23-2003, 05:17 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •