Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Re: A more comprehensive look at the division race

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    Vikeman,
    I like you more the more I read from you. Is there a way to get you as a mod on this board?

Marr,
    I don't think we make the playoffs this year. I'll be quiet about it but....watch.
    LOL, no worries my friend.
    I still seem to have a bit of optimism in me, even after this year.

;D

By the way, I like Vikemans stuff as well.
    Need to get him on the spread sheet someplace.
    I'm afraid Marr. The Vikes ar eliek the girlfirend that keeps cheating on you and promising to stop. Just when you open you heart back up, they give you crabs
    :'(
    I think we can do it but will we. Sometimes this team just seems so flat in big games. Although they hav ebeen playing well lately. DET is a big test.

Vikeman is offline Asst. Coach

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    Vikeman,
    I like you more the more I read from you. Is there a way to get you as a mod on this board?

Marr,
    I don't think we make the playoffs this year. I'll be quiet about it but....watch.

;D

I'm afraid Marr. The Vikes ar eliek the girlfirend that keeps cheating on you and promising to stop. Just when you open you heart back up, they give you crabs
    I think we can do it but will we. Sometimes this team just seems so flat in big games. Although they hav ebeen playing well lately. DET is a big test.
    Nice summary.
    Now I know why it keeps itching down there!
    From your profile, if it is honest you are 26 yrs. old.
    When did you first become a Vikes fan?
    You summed it up nicely, man.
    It has been like that for forty years for me but I still wear my Vikes gear proudly!
    I was on the GB Press-Gazzette boards posting and a Packer Backer piped in and said, "What the hell does
    a Vikes fan have to be pruod of?
    I had to enlighten him, so I reminded him of Alan Page, Fran Tarkenton, (two of the classiest men in NFL history) Carl Eller, Chuck Foreman, the "Purple People Eaters," Tommy Kramer, many NFC championships, and technically, the 1970 win over the Browns was for the NFL championship.
    Then I felt obligated to remind him of the Packers 70s and 80s.
    You know, Dan Devine.
    I thought it was sick and uncalled for, but for whatever reason, a Packer fan thought it was worth killing the poor guy's freakn' dog.
    Then I reminded him of how back in the 80s, Green Bay was the "Siberia" of the NFL.
    Players who were malcontents, or unhappy with their current stiuations were threatened with "getting shipped up to Green Bay.
    Granted, we have had more bad times than them, but we all have our embarrassments as well as good times, and hopefully I'll live long enough to see the Vikes win it all.
    A good friend will help you move...a best friend will help you move a body.

keystonevike is offline Starter

I'm pretty confident(not OVERconfident ) about the Lions game, but the looming suspensions of K & P Will have me worried about the last 3 games. But good teams overcome things like this. And I believe we are a good team .

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"Vikeman" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    Vikeman,

Marr,

;D

Nice summary.
    It has been like that for forty years for me but I still wear my Vikes gear proudly!
    I was on the GB Press-Gazzette boards posting and a Packer Backer piped in and said, "What the hell does
    I had to enlighten him, so I reminded him of Alan Page, Fran Tarkenton, (two of the classiest men in NFL history) Carl Eller, Chuck Foreman, the "Purple People Eaters," Tommy Kramer, many NFC championships, and technically, the 1970 win over the Browns was for the NFL championship.
    You know, Dan Devine.
    I thought it was sick and uncalled for, but for whatever reason, a Packer fan thought it was worth killing the poor guy's freakn' dog.
    Then I reminded him of how back in the 80s, Green Bay was the "Siberia" of the NFL.
    Players who were malcontents, or unhappy with their current stiuations were threatened with "getting shipped up to Green Bay.
    Granted, we have had more bad times than them, but we all have our embarrassments as well as good times, and hopefully I'll live long enough to see the Vikes win it all.
    I'm only 26. I am possibly the biggest Vikings fan I know. It's only within this board can i voice my concerns. Normally I'm preaching about we are going to the Superbowl. I became a Vikings fan in 96. I started watching football in 93.
    I realy caught Viking games but I followed them on highlights and news stories.

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "Vikeman" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    Vikeman,

Marr,

;D

Nice summary.
    You know, Dan Devine.
    I'm only 26. I am possibly the biggest Vikings fan I know. It's only within this board can i voice my concerns. Normally I'm preaching about we are going to the Superbowl. I became a Vikings fan in 96. I started watching football in 93.
    I don't know your situation, but have you ever considered NFL Sunday Ticket.
    I had my fill of going to bars (I hate them) so I built one in my basement.
    Have 3 sat. boxes in there and 3 TVs.
    Don't miss a Vikes game and wifey sees her Niners.
    A huge plus is when other games are close or going to OT, we don't miss any of it!

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Vikeman" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Vikeman" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=kevoncox link=topic=49363.msg873344#msg873344 date=1228428946]
    Vikeman,

Marr,

;D

Nice summary.
    You know, Dan Devine.
    A huge plus is when other games are close or going to OT, we don't miss any of it!
    [/quote]

sounds like the setup i'll be getting when the time comes (still in university, so no money like that is at my disposal)
    for now I have to stream the games online.

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Vikeman" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Vikeman" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=49363.msg873655#msg873655 date=1228466624]
    [quote author=kevoncox link=topic=49363.msg873344#msg873344 date=1228428946]
    Vikeman,

Marr,

;D

Nice summary.
    You know, Dan Devine.
    [/quote]

sounds like the setup i'll be getting when the time comes (still in university, so no money like that is at my disposal)
    for now I have to stream the games online.
    [/quote]

Unfortunately, I can't take credit for the original idea.
    Been in N. H. since Sept. 04.
    Was still in Mass. prior and hooked up w/ a female friend I had used to party W/ in H. school, '78-'81.
    Her and her hubby invited us over one day for NFL Fball.
    Of course they are Pats fans and they had an attached 1 car garage that he converted to a sports bar.
    Kept the concrete floor but installed a nice bar W/ 4 stools, 2 recliners, a wood stove to keep toasty, 4 TVs and sat. boxes, and of course a fridge.
    It was awesome and we spent evey NFL Sun. over there for 5 yrs.
    In fact I watched the Pats-Raiders "snowbowl" playoff game in there and the Vikes get eliminated by Arizona.
    That was a quiet ride home.

huxx is offline Pro-Bowler

Yes!

Houston drives from their own 3 to win the game!

We're 3 up on the Pukers!

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"huxx" wrote:
    Yes!

they need to win out to have a shot at playoffs, and need lots of help.
    Perhaps the football gods actually helped us..

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "huxx" wrote:
    Yes!

they need to win out to have a shot at playoffs, and need lots of help.
    Perhaps the football gods actually helped us..
    They still can't win the division.
    ;D Unless they beat the Bears in Chi-town. Hopefully both teams will tie.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast