Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20
  1. #11
    VikesfaninWis's Avatar
    VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,055

    Re: Monday Night Football

    It was a back and forth game, and a very boring low score... I don't know if it is more of the Jag's defense dominating, or because they played Rothlesberger at 60%? Either way, they both looked impressive on defense..

  2. #12
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: Monday Night Football

    It was a great game. I am sure the NFL is kicking themselves in the ass for putting it on TV since they change the rules to promote the high flying high scoring money making cash cow. I like football, grinding out defensive in your face football, so the game last night was awesome IMO.

    A few things I liked alot. Brian Williams laying the ever loving smack down. He had about 3-4 very big hits one on Hines Ward.

    My favorite thing of all, something I wish our team would do is go all out all the time. 4 minutes left and Jack Del Rio is going for passes, screens, and moving his team down the field. Last posession of the game for the Steelers when most teams would be in Max Prevent Del Rio blitzes a corner and it leads to an int.

    Always attacking always playing their game relentless and I wish we would adopt that style of play.

  3. #13
    Prophet Guest

    Re: Monday Night Football

    KFFL
    Jaguars | Team wins lowest scoring game in MNF history
    Mon, 18 Sep 2006 21:54:13 -0700

    The Associated Press reports the Jacksonville Jaguars beat the Pittsburgh Steelers Monday, Sept. 18 in the lowest-scoring game in Monday Night Football history. The Jaguars won 9-0 to end the Steelers' nine-game winning streak. The shutout was the Jaguars first since December 2003 and it marked the fifth time a defending Super Bowl champion was shut out.


  4. #14
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: Monday Night Football

    "Prophet" wrote:
    KFFL
    Jaguars | Team wins lowest scoring game in MNF history
    Mon, 18 Sep 2006 21:54:13 -0700

    The Associated Press reports the Jacksonville Jaguars beat the Pittsburgh Steelers Monday, Sept. 18 in the lowest-scoring game in Monday Night Football history. The Jaguars won 9-0 to end the Steelers' nine-game winning streak. The shutout was the Jaguars first since December 2003 and it marked the fifth time a defending Super Bowl champion was shut out.

    They had about a minute and a half and they were on the Steelers 2 yard line. The NFL should have called and ordered them to pound it into the endzone to avoid that. The game would have ended 16-0 and this tragedy would have been saved.

  5. #15
    vikingbill50's Avatar
    vikingbill50 is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    271

    Re: Monday Night Football

    yes it was a boring game as far as offense goes but a very good defensive game, i liked the jaquars defense as they never stopped attacking thru the whole game and alot like ours, we seem to be very well conditioned now to go the whole game instead of folding in the 4th, we will only get better
    I BLEED THE COLOR PURPLE

  6. #16
    Turboe's Avatar
    Turboe is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,593

    Re: Monday Night Football

    "Del" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    KFFL
    Jaguars | Team wins lowest scoring game in MNF history
    Mon, 18 Sep 2006 21:54:13 -0700

    The Associated Press reports the Jacksonville Jaguars beat the Pittsburgh Steelers Monday, Sept. 18 in the lowest-scoring game in Monday Night Football history. The Jaguars won 9-0 to end the Steelers' nine-game winning streak. The shutout was the Jaguars first since December 2003 and it marked the fifth time a defending Super Bowl champion was shut out.

    They had about a minute and a half and they were on the Steelers 2 yard line. The NFL should have called and ordered them to pound it into the endzone to avoid that. The game would have ended 16-0 and this tragedy would have been saved.
    Yeah!!!!!

    Or at least set up and kicked a FG as I had J.Scobey as my kicker in my Fantasy League and I sure could have used the points from a FG or even the 1 pt from a PAT.
    But no they had to take a knee and run out the clock.
    That Bites!!!

  7. #17
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Monday Night Football

    "Turboe" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    KFFL
    Jaguars | Team wins lowest scoring game in MNF history
    Mon, 18 Sep 2006 21:54:13 -0700

    The Associated Press reports the Jacksonville Jaguars beat the Pittsburgh Steelers Monday, Sept. 18 in the lowest-scoring game in Monday Night Football history. The Jaguars won 9-0 to end the Steelers' nine-game winning streak. The shutout was the Jaguars first since December 2003 and it marked the fifth time a defending Super Bowl champion was shut out.

    They had about a minute and a half and they were on the Steelers 2 yard line. The NFL should have called and ordered them to pound it into the endzone to avoid that. The game would have ended 16-0 and this tragedy would have been saved.
    Yeah!!!!!

    Or at least set up and kicked a FG as I had J.Scobey as my kicker in my Fantasy League and I sure could have used the points from a FG or even the 1 pt from a PAT.
    But no they had to take a knee and run out the clock.
    That Bites!!!
    Just ONE MORE reason NOT to play fantasy football...
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  8. #18
    JellyBean2144's Avatar
    JellyBean2144 is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    475

    Re: Monday Night Football

    It was a good game all around. I was impressed with the Jags defense. But then again, the Steelers do not have an Indy offense or a Bengals offense; or the Jags for that matter. But it was a good game.

  9. #19
    purplengoldblur's Avatar
    purplengoldblur is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    26

    Re: Monday Night Football

    I don't think that Ben even on a good night could have beat the Jags.
    I read in the sports section of the paper that Ben had a temperature before the start of the game.
    he must not be fully recovered from his emergency appendectomy yet.
    Also at one point in the game Joe Theismann pointed out that Ben was back.
    Then two plays later Tony Cornheiser had to point out that Joe had then changed his mind by saying that Ben was now not comfortable. :

  10. #20
    vikingbill50's Avatar
    vikingbill50 is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    271

    Re: Monday Night Football

    well he may not have been comfortable but i know he had to be pretty sore the next day from that hit he took towards end of game, you could see him double over in pain..that was a good hit on him
    I BLEED THE COLOR PURPLE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Monday Night Football - who do you like?
    By jimmymac in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 11-15-2005, 06:33 AM
  2. Nov. 21 Monday Night Football
    By MinnyFan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-12-2005, 12:27 AM
  3. Monday Night Football
    By RK. in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 10-04-2005, 07:06 AM
  4. Monday Night Football
    By MNVikingGangsta in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-16-2005, 07:47 AM
  5. Monday Night Football
    By hawaiianvike21 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-17-2004, 09:40 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •