Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Monday Night Football

It was a back and forth game, and a very boring low score... I don't know if it is more of the Jag's defense dominating, or because they played Rothlesberger at 60%? Either way, they both looked impressive on defense..

Del Rio Guest

It was a great game. I am sure the NFL is kicking themselves in the ass for putting it on TV since they change the rules to promote the high flying high scoring money making cash cow. I like football, grinding out defensive in your face football, so the game last night was awesome IMO.

A few things I liked alot. Brian Williams laying the ever loving smack down. He had about 3-4 very big hits one on Hines Ward.

My favorite thing of all, something I wish our team would do is go all out all the time. 4 minutes left and Jack Del Rio is going for passes, screens, and moving his team down the field. Last posession of the game for the Steelers when most teams would be in Max Prevent Del Rio blitzes a corner and it leads to an int.

Always attacking always playing their game relentless and I wish we would adopt that style of play.

Prophet Guest

KFFL
    Jaguars | Team wins lowest scoring game in MNF history
    Mon, 18 Sep 2006 21:54:13 -0700

The Associated Press reports the Jacksonville Jaguars beat the Pittsburgh Steelers Monday, Sept. 18 in the lowest-scoring game in Monday Night Football history. The Jaguars won 9-0 to end the Steelers' nine-game winning streak. The shutout was the Jaguars first since December 2003 and it marked the fifth time a defending Super Bowl champion was shut out.

Del Rio Guest

"Prophet" wrote:
    KFFL

The Associated Press reports the Jacksonville Jaguars beat the Pittsburgh Steelers Monday, Sept. 18 in the lowest-scoring game in Monday Night Football history. The Jaguars won 9-0 to end the Steelers' nine-game winning streak. The shutout was the Jaguars first since December 2003 and it marked the fifth time a defending Super Bowl champion was shut out.

They had about a minute and a half and they were on the Steelers 2 yard line. The NFL should have called and ordered them to pound it into the endzone to avoid that. The game would have ended 16-0 and this tragedy would have been saved.

vikingbill50 is offline Starter

yes it was a boring game as far as offense goes but a very good defensive game, i liked the jaquars defense as they never stopped attacking thru the whole game and alot like ours, we seem to be very well conditioned now to go the whole game instead of folding in the 4th, we will only get better
    I BLEED THE COLOR PURPLE

Turboe is offline Hall of Famer

"Del" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    KFFL

They had about a minute and a half and they were on the Steelers 2 yard line. The NFL should have called and ordered them to pound it into the endzone to avoid that. The game would have ended 16-0 and this tragedy would have been saved.
    Yeah!!!!!

Or at least set up and kicked a FG as I had J.Scobey as my kicker in my Fantasy League and I sure could have used the points from a FG or even the 1 pt from a PAT.
    But no they had to take a knee and run out the clock.
    That Bites!!!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Turboe" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    KFFL

Yeah!!!!!

Or at least set up and kicked a FG as I had J.Scobey as my kicker in my Fantasy League and I sure could have used the points from a FG or even the 1 pt from a PAT.
    But no they had to take a knee and run out the clock.
    That Bites!!!
    Just ONE MORE reason NOT to play fantasy football...
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

JellyBean2144 is offline Pro-Bowler

It was a good game all around. I was impressed with the Jags defense. But then again, the Steelers do not have an Indy offense or a Bengals offense; or the Jags for that matter. But it was a good game.

purplengoldblur is offline Training Camp

I don't think that Ben even on a good night could have beat the Jags.
    I read in the sports section of the paper that Ben had a temperature before the start of the game.
    he must not be fully recovered from his emergency appendectomy yet.
    Also at one point in the game Joe Theismann pointed out that Ben was back.
    Then two plays later Tony Cornheiser had to point out that Joe had then changed his mind by saying that Ben was now not comfortable. :

vikingbill50 is offline Starter

well he may not have been comfortable but i know he had to be pretty sore the next day from that hit he took towards end of game, you could see him double over in pain..that was a good hit on him
    I BLEED THE COLOR PURPLE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12