sodaknick is offline Starter

Monday Morning QB

Well, I've had doubts from time to time, but it's now official: Peter King is certifiably insane.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...mqb/index.html

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Monday Morning QB

"sodaknick" wrote:
    Well, I've had doubts from time to time, but it's now official: Peter King is certifiably insane.

??? Exactly which part makes you think he's insane?

3. Minnesota, 8-8. Chester Taylor's my Fantasy darkhorse running back. I think he'll run for 1,500 yards behind a great left side of the line, which added Steve Hutchinson in free agency. Hutchinson will be sandwiched between Matt Birk and Bryant McKinnie. But Erasmus James had better be able to rush the passer, and Brad Johnson had better stay upright for 16 weeks. I like the ultra-organized Brad Childress, but I'd like the Vikings better if I could trust them on defense.
    Minnesota going 8-8, Chester Taylor running for 1,500 yards or something else?

He's probably on the mark with the GB 4-12 prediction.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

, but I'd like the Vikings better if I could trust them on defense.
    Our defense is the most dependable thing so far. oh well.

The Dolphins finished last year on a six-game winning streak, and they added an in-his-prime Daunte Culpepper,
    Oh please, he's just coming off an ACL injury, how is that in his prime? Also, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HabVr...elated&search= shows just how much better we are with BJ than Pep. Listen to the commentators, they actually get something right this time
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Peter King said nothing wrong in his article.
    I think he spoke highly of the Vikings (except the 8-8 record).
    The comment you are refering to about him not trusting the defense is valid.
    The defense has sucked for many years.
    It did improve the last half of 2005 and it looks like we made upgrades.
    However, the question still remains on how good they will be.
    Personally I think they will be fine.
    I'm a little leary of the LB corps but other than that they look good so far.
    I won't be comfortable until the season when they show me how good they really are.
    Until then the fact is it is still a question mark.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

I do not thinkw e are going to win any more than 9 games and when i do all my picks for how may wins teams will lget, ill put the vikings between 7 to 10 wins.

putting the eagles at 10 wins is crazy tho.
    i also think the chiefs will have more than 6 wins.
    new england going as far as he thinks will not happen.

but otherwise the picks are pretty good.
    We're bringing purple back.

vikingbill50 is offline Starter

vikes will get atleast 10 wins thjis year if not more...
    I BLEED THE COLOR PURPLE

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

aah well im only going to post the part that applies to us, but good ol' Peter King at it again.. showing his love for the vikings lol

[size=14pt]NFC North[/size]

1. Detroit, 10-6: Just remember one free-agency and salary-cap era stat from this year's Sports Illustrated NFL preview issue: Over the past 13 years (since free agency with a cap came into play), 13 teams went from worst one year to first in their division. In the previous 26 years, 13 teams jumped from worst to first. Now, Detroit wasn't even worst in the NFC North last year. Green Bay was. But the Lions, as always, were close. Three reasons they turn around: Rod Marinelli is a my-way-or-the-highway guy, a desperately needed commodity in Detroit right now. Jon Kitna will make few of the glaring errors Joey Harrington made. And Mike Martz is the breath of offensive fresh air this stale offense needed.

2. Chicago, 9-7: The schedule says pick the Bears. Every expert says pick the Bears. I can't. I can't because they're too unsettled on offense. Who's the quarterback? Who's the running back? Who's the offensive weapon anyone fears? Love the defense, if the front-liners stay healthy. If the Bears do go down, they could go down on one of the freakiest schedule stretches ever. Chicago plays three straight non-division road games, all on I-95 in the Northeast Corridor, all in a 15-day November span: at Giants, at Jets, at Patriots. Weird.

3. Minnesota, 8-8: Chester Taylor's my Fantasy darkhorse running back. I think he'll run for 1,500 yards behind a great left side of the line, which added Steve Hutchinson in free agency. Hutchinson will be sandwiched between Matt Birk and Bryant McKinnie. But Erasmus James had better be able to rush the passer, and Brad Johnson had better stay upright for 16 weeks. I like the ultra-organized Brad Childress, but I'd like the Vikings better if I could trust them on defense.

4. Green Bay, 4-12: I just don't see this being a better team. Brett Favre in the preseason looked like he's still going to try to do too much. (By the way, wouldn't it be interesting if the Pack won the right for the first draft choice, and GM Ted Thompson was sitting there next April with the ability to put Brady Quinn on the same team with his brother-in-law, A.J. Hawk?) I wish someone on that defense was scary to an offensive coordinator.

FULL ARTICLE

edit: just noticed this was posted as "Monday Morning QB" in the General NFL forum; heres the link to that one also (that article is just a link) http://www.purplepride.org/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=149&topic=26752.0

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

8-8..idk, we have about 8 games that we should probably win for sure, then the other 8 all will be close (redskins, bears, patriots, etc), i think 10-6 for us is not at all a stretch. even though i would have to say we have one of the toughest scheduals this year

10-6 for the lions is

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

sodaknick is offline Starter

"sodaknick" wrote:

Sorry I should've been a little more specific. First of all, he's got Dallas, NY, and Philadelphia beating the Redskins. He has Detroit winning the division, and he has Dallas winning the Superbowl! I think he's off on the Vikes, as well, but some of those other picks are just plain nutty. For King's sake, I hope he didn't lay this down in Vegas.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

detriot winning our division isnt really that much of a stretch. 9 wins will probably be enough to take it.
    as for the dallas division, there are two really good team who should be consider to win it all and two really bad teams who shouldnt go anywhere.
    We're bringing purple back.