Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Redrouster is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Modest McDaniel enters Hall of Fame

Yes, he was and still is a quiet professional. I read on one of the sports websites that his speech was ho-hum. I guess they didn't have any idea of what he really was like.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

well they like to look for someone who is an 'in your face' character which McDaniel doesn't fit into. He's one of those who got on with his job, did it well and make no fuss - the type of person that the Hall of Fame is all about and isn't an 'all about me' character. His speech followed that and showed him for the clas act he is.

I never realised he was a TE and somehow can't imagine him as one now - just shows what a good player he was when he agreed to move to Guard to 'help out the team' - there's a few players in the league who could do with learning that lesson.

Congrats Randall !
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"AngloVike" wrote:
    well they like to look for someone who is an 'in your face' character which McDaniel doesn't fit into. He's one of those who got on with his job, did it well and make no fuss - the type of person that the Hall of Fame is all about and isn't an 'all about me' character. His speech followed that and showed him for the clas act he is.

I never realised he was a TE and somehow can't imagine him as one now - just shows what a good player he was when he agreed to move to Guard to 'help out the team' - there's a few players in the league who could do with learning that lesson.

Congrats Randall !
    Didn't he say he was around 230 in college, entered the NFL at 270ish as a Guard?
    Talk about undersized also.

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

"Redrouster" wrote:
    Yes, he was and still is a quiet professional. I read on one of the sports websites that his speach was ho-hum. I guess they didn't have any idea of what he really was like.

His speech was an interesting account of his life and career...and personally I'll take substance over fluff any day.

He is a truly classy guy, and a great competitor. He now chooses to be an educator, good for him...paying the favor forward from O.K. Fulton's guidance.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

I thought I would share another Packer Fans take on McDaniel... gent is a Packer and Raider fan equally.. the reason for sharing is simply to honor a truly great player.

Another hats off.

http://www.packershome.com/index.php?name=ForumsPro&file=viewtopic&t=5393

Post subject: I Almost Became A Viking Fan
    Posted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 07:38 PM
    I almost became a Viking Fan today...

For about 15 minutes I was confused, wavering, and I had a slight shade of purple flowing through my veins.

Randall McDaniel just blew me away in his acceptance speech at The Hall Of Fame. I mean Really blew me away. I had no idea this guy was such a class act, such a giving, sincere, and wonderful Human Being.

This guy inspired me for 15 minutes.

He is a very classy person from head to toe.

WOW! Just WOW! is all I can say.

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

"pack93z" wrote:
    I thought I would share another Packer Fans take on McDaniel... gent is a Packer and Raider fan equally.. the reason for sharing is simply to honor a truly great player.

Another hats off.

http://www.packershome.com/index.php?name=ForumsPro&file=viewtopic&t=5393

Post subject: I Almost Became A Viking Fan
    Posted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 07:38 PM
    I almost became a Viking Fan today...

For about 15 minutes I was confused, wavering, and I had a slight shade of purple flowing through my veins.

Randall McDaniel just blew me away in his acceptance speech at The Hall Of Fame. I mean Really blew me away. I had no idea this guy was such a class act, such a giving, sincere, and wonderful Human Being.

This guy inspired me for 15 minutes.

He is a very classy person from head to toe.

WOW! Just WOW! is all I can say.

Thanks pack93z for posting that...I love the fact that McDaniel appreciates where he came from, worked hard, was a team player in every sense of the term, and is now being honored for his contributions. And now he's giving back.

But how can one be a Packers and Raiders fan equally?!? Also, you don't answer the burning question "who is vikesrule on the Packers forum"? ;D
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Freya is offline Team Alumni

It was a brilliant speech.

Well done and well deserved!

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

[size=13pt]Randall McDaniel: A Football Hall Of Famer; A Life Already Enshrined[/size]

by Ray Tannock (Scribe) Written on August 06, 2009

“ …I am a Viking, I will always be a Viking, everyone knows that.” the soft words spoken by the gentle giant who was paramount for the Vikings organization, and fanbase, for 14 years....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12