Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 99
  1. #21
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re:Minnesota Tailgating Recipes

    Prophet wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    lmao, pp.o is the best. One of the few places where you can get in an argument over what constitutes a MN tailgating recipe.

    Looks like you bring the first documentation. Original poster, choose from this list and don't let Z eat any of it at the tailgate.

    We need to appoint an official tailgate food approver. We don't need any Cajun's bringing gumbo to the Minnesota Vikings' tailgate!
    Cajuns gumbo is out. Didn't you hear? Unless its Scandanavian it doesn't count as local.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  2. #22
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re:Minnesota Tailgating Recipes

    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Welcome Joe. What a great idea for a thread and for visiting fans. Quick question, do you really feed us if we show up?

    Not sure how you do your tailgate, however, I will go on the assumption that if your looking for recipes, you don't mind a few complex ones as you will prepare them at home the night before.

    Having said that, a few that I like......

    Dip
    Hamburger - Cook hamburger and drain grease. Mix with refried beans in seperate bowl.
    Refried Beans - Pre-heat them and mix with hamburger in seperate bowl. Place Hamburger/Bean mixture in bottom of cake pan.
    Salsa/Cheese - Mix one bottle of Salsa into 1 can pack of melted Velvetta cheese. Pour over the Hamburger/Refried Beans.
    Sour Creme- Spread over Salsa/Cheese layer.
    Tomatoe/Onion Mix Dice onions and tomatoes into small chuncks. I like to mix in some salt/pepper and Tabasco to taste.
    CheeseTop everything with a light sprinkling of shredded cheese.

    Buy a pack or two of those "Scoop Chips" and set it out on the table.
    He wasn't asking you what you'd like to eat, Marty. He was asking for a local favorite - ie. lutefisk or Walleye tartlets or somesuch.

    Quick! Somebody send this guy a Hot Dish recipe!
    You do know were I got this recipe from right? Wasn't from Mexico......
    The generic nature of that recipe means it could have come from a billboard on I-95 for all that I know, dude. It's still not "one dish each week thats a local favorite of the visiting team."
    So when I saw you locals chugging this stuff down (me included), and I asked for the recipe, and it was given to me by a local, doesn't constitue a "Local Recipe".

    Hmmmmmmmmm.

    I was gonna give him my braught recipe next. Even though I got the recipe from my Dad, a MN Butcher, I guess that wouldn't count either using your logic.
    Dip is dip is dip. That recipe could have come from the side of any box of Velveeta sold anywhere in the USA.

    If I give you my recipe for chocolate chip cookies, it's not a Minnesota favorite just because I live in Minnesota. Do you get that?

    =Z=
    So basically, what your saying is that unless we provide him a dish with a "Scandanavian" flavor to it, it isn't considered a local dish?

    Could almost be contrued as "Profiling" wouldn't you say?
    Profiling? ha. Thats really reaching how is making food popular in a certain region profiling?

    I wonder how all the Latino MN locals feel about that?

    On a side note, there goes my Bavarian Sauerkraut recipe I was gonna provide with the Braughts..... (Sad Emoticon)
    A local favourite.

    If you really like pizza, great, but that's not a local favourite. Just because there's a taco bell in MInneapolis doesn't make taco's a minnesota food.

    exapmles would be: Chicago - Deep dish pizza, Philly- cheesesteak, NE - clam chowder, NO - Shrimp and related seafood or cajuny southern stuff. Where I got to school, in Waterloo, there's a huge german population, so stuff like Schnitzel would count. There's also a massive asian population, so Sushi would be another.

    Nacho dip isn't so much a local food.
    Why? Are you trying to tell me there isn't anyone in the state of MN who might disagree with you on that?

    Just because there isn't a huge demographic there, doesn't mean it can't be considered a local dish.

    Thats like trying to say, we can't celebrate Cinco de Mayo in the US Northern States.
    There's a difference between eating ethic food, and celebrating different holidays and then calling them your own.

    Taco's aren't mid-west US food, they're mexican food. Always has been and always will be. You're more than welcome to eat and enjoy them, but that doesn't change what they are.

    You're welcome to celebrate Cinco De Mayo, or Chinese New Years, or Mardi Gras, I don't care. It's not a minnesota holiday though, they each have their own reigonal background.


    If the guy made the effort to log into a Vikings site to ask what some regional dishes are, I'd imagine he expects more than 'bacon and eggs' or 'steak and potatoes'.

    I like Nacho's and salsa dip too... wait, does that make it a canadian food now?

  3. #23
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re:Minnesota Tailgating Recipes

    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Welcome Joe. What a great idea for a thread and for visiting fans. Quick question, do you really feed us if we show up?

    Not sure how you do your tailgate, however, I will go on the assumption that if your looking for recipes, you don't mind a few complex ones as you will prepare them at home the night before.

    Having said that, a few that I like......

    Dip
    Hamburger - Cook hamburger and drain grease. Mix with refried beans in seperate bowl.
    Refried Beans - Pre-heat them and mix with hamburger in seperate bowl. Place Hamburger/Bean mixture in bottom of cake pan.
    Salsa/Cheese - Mix one bottle of Salsa into 1 can pack of melted Velvetta cheese. Pour over the Hamburger/Refried Beans.
    Sour Creme- Spread over Salsa/Cheese layer.
    Tomatoe/Onion Mix Dice onions and tomatoes into small chuncks. I like to mix in some salt/pepper and Tabasco to taste.
    CheeseTop everything with a light sprinkling of shredded cheese.

    Buy a pack or two of those "Scoop Chips" and set it out on the table.
    He wasn't asking you what you'd like to eat, Marty. He was asking for a local favorite - ie. lutefisk or Walleye tartlets or somesuch.

    Quick! Somebody send this guy a Hot Dish recipe!
    You do know were I got this recipe from right? Wasn't from Mexico......
    The generic nature of that recipe means it could have come from a billboard on I-95 for all that I know, dude. It's still not "one dish each week thats a local favorite of the visiting team."
    So when I saw you locals chugging this stuff down (me included), and I asked for the recipe, and it was given to me by a local, doesn't constitue a "Local Recipe".

    Hmmmmmmmmm.

    I was gonna give him my braught recipe next. Even though I got the recipe from my Dad, a MN Butcher, I guess that wouldn't count either using your logic.
    Dip is dip is dip. That recipe could have come from the side of any box of Velveeta sold anywhere in the USA.

    If I give you my recipe for chocolate chip cookies, it's not a Minnesota favorite just because I live in Minnesota. Do you get that?

    =Z=
    So basically, what your saying is that unless we provide him a dish with a "Scandanavian" flavor to it, it isn't considered a local dish?

    Could almost be contrued as "Profiling" wouldn't you say?
    Profiling? ha. Thats really reaching how is making food popular in a certain region profiling?

    I wonder how all the Latino MN locals feel about that?

    On a side note, there goes my Bavarian Sauerkraut recipe I was gonna provide with the Braughts..... (Sad Emoticon)
    A local favourite.

    If you really like pizza, great, but that's not a local favourite. Just because there's a taco bell in MInneapolis doesn't make taco's a minnesota food.

    exapmles would be: Chicago - Deep dish pizza, Philly- cheesesteak, NE - clam chowder, NO - Shrimp and related seafood or cajuny southern stuff. Where I got to school, in Waterloo, there's a huge german population, so stuff like Schnitzel would count. There's also a massive asian population, so Sushi would be another.

    Nacho dip isn't so much a local food.
    Why? Are you trying to tell me there isn't anyone in the state of MN who might disagree with you on that?

    Just because there isn't a huge demographic there, doesn't mean it can't be considered a local dish.

    Thats like trying to say, we can't celebrate Cinco de Mayo in the US Northern States.
    There's a difference between eating ethic food, and celebrating different holidays and then calling them your own.

    Taco's aren't mid-west US food, they're mexican food. Always has been and always will be. You're more than welcome to eat and enjoy them, but that doesn't change what they are.

    You're welcome to celebrate Cinco De Mayo, or Chinese New Years, or Mardi Gras, I don't care. It's not a minnesota holiday though, they each have their own reigonal background.


    If the guy made the effort to log into a Vikings site to ask what some regional dishes are, I'd imagine he expects more than 'bacon and eggs' or 'steak and potatoes'.

    I like Nacho's and salsa dip too... wait, does that make it a canadian food now?
    Tell that to the "Minnesota Project"..... :P
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  4. #24
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re:Minnesota Tailgating Recipes

    Marrdro wrote:
    Prophet wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    lmao, pp.o is the best. One of the few places where you can get in an argument over what constitutes a MN tailgating recipe.

    Looks like you bring the first documentation. Original poster, choose from this list and don't let Z eat any of it at the tailgate.

    We need to appoint an official tailgate food approver. We don't need any Cajun's bringing gumbo to the Minnesota Vikings' tailgate!
    Cajuns gumbo is out. Didn't you hear? Unless its Scandanavian it doesn't count as local.
    a) Is Cajun local?
    b) is gumbo local?

    there answers your question.

    There's no prerequesite to have local food at tailgates, you guys bring whatever you enjoy and share it, and thats great.

    This guy is asking specifically for local dishes, as its something he likes to do, sampling away team's local dishes. Nachos and gumbo isn't minnesota food. If he wanted Nachos or Gumbo, he'd wait until Arizona or NO came to town.

  5. #25
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re:Minnesota Tailgating Recipes

    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Welcome Joe. What a great idea for a thread and for visiting fans. Quick question, do you really feed us if we show up?

    Not sure how you do your tailgate, however, I will go on the assumption that if your looking for recipes, you don't mind a few complex ones as you will prepare them at home the night before.

    Having said that, a few that I like......

    Dip
    Hamburger - Cook hamburger and drain grease. Mix with refried beans in seperate bowl.
    Refried Beans - Pre-heat them and mix with hamburger in seperate bowl. Place Hamburger/Bean mixture in bottom of cake pan.
    Salsa/Cheese - Mix one bottle of Salsa into 1 can pack of melted Velvetta cheese. Pour over the Hamburger/Refried Beans.
    Sour Creme- Spread over Salsa/Cheese layer.
    Tomatoe/Onion Mix Dice onions and tomatoes into small chuncks. I like to mix in some salt/pepper and Tabasco to taste.
    CheeseTop everything with a light sprinkling of shredded cheese.

    Buy a pack or two of those "Scoop Chips" and set it out on the table.
    He wasn't asking you what you'd like to eat, Marty. He was asking for a local favorite - ie. lutefisk or Walleye tartlets or somesuch.

    Quick! Somebody send this guy a Hot Dish recipe!
    You do know were I got this recipe from right? Wasn't from Mexico......
    The generic nature of that recipe means it could have come from a billboard on I-95 for all that I know, dude. It's still not "one dish each week thats a local favorite of the visiting team."
    So when I saw you locals chugging this stuff down (me included), and I asked for the recipe, and it was given to me by a local, doesn't constitue a "Local Recipe".

    Hmmmmmmmmm.

    I was gonna give him my braught recipe next. Even though I got the recipe from my Dad, a MN Butcher, I guess that wouldn't count either using your logic.
    Dip is dip is dip. That recipe could have come from the side of any box of Velveeta sold anywhere in the USA.

    If I give you my recipe for chocolate chip cookies, it's not a Minnesota favorite just because I live in Minnesota. Do you get that?

    =Z=
    So basically, what your saying is that unless we provide him a dish with a "Scandanavian" flavor to it, it isn't considered a local dish?

    Could almost be contrued as "Profiling" wouldn't you say?
    Profiling? ha. Thats really reaching how is making food popular in a certain region profiling?

    I wonder how all the Latino MN locals feel about that?

    On a side note, there goes my Bavarian Sauerkraut recipe I was gonna provide with the Braughts..... (Sad Emoticon)
    A local favourite.

    If you really like pizza, great, but that's not a local favourite. Just because there's a taco bell in MInneapolis doesn't make taco's a minnesota food.

    exapmles would be: Chicago - Deep dish pizza, Philly- cheesesteak, NE - clam chowder, NO - Shrimp and related seafood or cajuny southern stuff. Where I got to school, in Waterloo, there's a huge german population, so stuff like Schnitzel would count. There's also a massive asian population, so Sushi would be another.

    Nacho dip isn't so much a local food.
    Why? Are you trying to tell me there isn't anyone in the state of MN who might disagree with you on that?

    Just because there isn't a huge demographic there, doesn't mean it can't be considered a local dish.

    Thats like trying to say, we can't celebrate Cinco de Mayo in the US Northern States.
    There's a difference between eating ethic food, and celebrating different holidays and then calling them your own.

    Taco's aren't mid-west US food, they're mexican food. Always has been and always will be. You're more than welcome to eat and enjoy them, but that doesn't change what they are.

    You're welcome to celebrate Cinco De Mayo, or Chinese New Years, or Mardi Gras, I don't care. It's not a minnesota holiday though, they each have their own reigonal background.


    If the guy made the effort to log into a Vikings site to ask what some regional dishes are, I'd imagine he expects more than 'bacon and eggs' or 'steak and potatoes'.

    I like Nacho's and salsa dip too... wait, does that make it a canadian food now?
    We can solve this dilemna by putting a temporal scale on the recipes and using census data and specific regions of the state. If you have the tailgate you have to define exactly where it is and look at the census data and choose something like, say 30 yrs, as a baseline of what foods might count. I'm going with 1936, s. side of Minneapolis. But, that's just me.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  6. #26
    jargomcfargo's Avatar
    jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,776

    Re:Minnesota Tailgating Recipes

    Prophet wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Welcome Joe. What a great idea for a thread and for visiting fans. Quick question, do you really feed us if we show up?

    Not sure how you do your tailgate, however, I will go on the assumption that if your looking for recipes, you don't mind a few complex ones as you will prepare them at home the night before.

    Having said that, a few that I like......

    Dip
    Hamburger - Cook hamburger and drain grease. Mix with refried beans in seperate bowl.
    Refried Beans - Pre-heat them and mix with hamburger in seperate bowl. Place Hamburger/Bean mixture in bottom of cake pan.
    Salsa/Cheese - Mix one bottle of Salsa into 1 can pack of melted Velvetta cheese. Pour over the Hamburger/Refried Beans.
    Sour Creme- Spread over Salsa/Cheese layer.
    Tomatoe/Onion Mix Dice onions and tomatoes into small chuncks. I like to mix in some salt/pepper and Tabasco to taste.
    CheeseTop everything with a light sprinkling of shredded cheese.

    Buy a pack or two of those "Scoop Chips" and set it out on the table.
    He wasn't asking you what you'd like to eat, Marty. He was asking for a local favorite - ie. lutefisk or Walleye tartlets or somesuch.

    Quick! Somebody send this guy a Hot Dish recipe!
    You do know were I got this recipe from right? Wasn't from Mexico......
    The generic nature of that recipe means it could have come from a billboard on I-95 for all that I know, dude. It's still not "one dish each week thats a local favorite of the visiting team."
    So when I saw you locals chugging this stuff down (me included), and I asked for the recipe, and it was given to me by a local, doesn't constitue a "Local Recipe".

    Hmmmmmmmmm.

    I was gonna give him my braught recipe next. Even though I got the recipe from my Dad, a MN Butcher, I guess that wouldn't count either using your logic.
    Dip is dip is dip. That recipe could have come from the side of any box of Velveeta sold anywhere in the USA.

    If I give you my recipe for chocolate chip cookies, it's not a Minnesota favorite just because I live in Minnesota. Do you get that?

    =Z=
    So basically, what your saying is that unless we provide him a dish with a "Scandanavian" flavor to it, it isn't considered a local dish?

    Could almost be contrued as "Profiling" wouldn't you say?
    Profiling? ha. Thats really reaching how is making food popular in a certain region profiling?

    I wonder how all the Latino MN locals feel about that?

    On a side note, there goes my Bavarian Sauerkraut recipe I was gonna provide with the Braughts..... (Sad Emoticon)
    A local favourite.

    If you really like pizza, great, but that's not a local favourite. Just because there's a taco bell in MInneapolis doesn't make taco's a minnesota food.

    exapmles would be: Chicago - Deep dish pizza, Philly- cheesesteak, NE - clam chowder, NO - Shrimp and related seafood or cajuny southern stuff. Where I got to school, in Waterloo, there's a huge german population, so stuff like Schnitzel would count. There's also a massive asian population, so Sushi would be another.

    Nacho dip isn't so much a local food.
    Why? Are you trying to tell me there isn't anyone in the state of MN who might disagree with you on that?

    Just because there isn't a huge demographic there, doesn't mean it can't be considered a local dish.

    Thats like trying to say, we can't celebrate Cinco de Mayo in the US Northern States.
    There's a difference between eating ethic food, and celebrating different holidays and then calling them your own.

    Taco's aren't mid-west US food, they're mexican food. Always has been and always will be. You're more than welcome to eat and enjoy them, but that doesn't change what they are.

    You're welcome to celebrate Cinco De Mayo, or Chinese New Years, or Mardi Gras, I don't care. It's not a minnesota holiday though, they each have their own reigonal background.


    If the guy made the effort to log into a Vikings site to ask what some regional dishes are, I'd imagine he expects more than 'bacon and eggs' or 'steak and potatoes'.

    I like Nacho's and salsa dip too... wait, does that make it a canadian food now?
    We can solve this dilemna by putting a temporal scale on the recipes and using census data and specific regions of the state. If you have the tailgate you have to define exactly where it is and look at the census data and choose something like, say 30 yrs, as a baseline of what foods might count. I'm going with 1936, s. side of Minneapolis. But, that's just me.
    Apply for a grant, you'll likely get it.

    Good thing Iowa doesn't have a team or that poor Jets fan would be grilling bullhead!
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

  7. #27
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re:Minnesota Tailgating Recipes

    Do jello shots count as a recipe? I have worked rather hard on refining them...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  8. #28
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re:Minnesota Tailgating Recipes

    NodakPaul wrote:
    Do jello shots count as a recipe? I have worked rather hard on refining them...
    No. You live in ND and are disqualified from submitting suitable recipes.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  9. #29
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re:Minnesota Tailgating Recipes

    i_bleed_purple wrote:

    This guy is asking specifically for local dishes,
    and I gave him a link to the Minnesota Projects home site.

    Top line says....."Local Food Recipes".
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  10. #30
    marshallvike's Avatar
    marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,471

    Re:Minnesota Tailgating Recipes

    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    mmmm lutefisk


    are those pickled eggs on that plate also
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Tailgating in Minnesota in January
    By purplepat in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-05-2010, 01:28 PM
  2. Your favorite tailgate or food recipes...
    By Vikeman in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-15-2009, 04:45 PM
  3. Grilled Secrets and Recipes...
    By erik5032 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 131
    Last Post: 08-12-2008, 07:58 PM
  4. Super Bowl Recipes
    By Prophet in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-01-2008, 10:12 AM
  5. Tailgating Recipes
    By Webby in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-20-2005, 06:33 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •