Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Warp is offline Asst. Coach

Re: Mike Williams or Charles Rogers available from the Lions

I really think Mike Williams would be a good pickup for us and he could easily replace Marcus Robinson down the line. But i seriously doubt the Lions would get rid of Williams already. Now i can see them getting rid of rodgers but i wouldnt like him at all. Hes never on the field.

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Mike Williams or Charles Rogers available from the Lions

"singersp" wrote:
    I loved that part as well.

In case some of you mised it;

New Bang Cartoon - Draft Craft
    Love those Bang Cartoons! I especially liked the Cleveland Browns and Mel Kiper's explanation of their pick in that one!

Oh, and screw both Mike Williams and Charles Rogers. As has probably been said hundreds of times in this thread, the only Wide Receiver I'd take from Detroit is Roy Williams. If we're intent on getting rid of players who don't have the desirable character traits to work hard on every play and in every practice, why would we dump Onterrio Smith then sign up Charles Rogers? And if Childress has been stressing how important it is to maintain your weight and health over the off-season, why would we pick up Mike Williams?

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Mike Williams or Charles Rogers available from the Lions?!?!

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    Man, I am glad the Vikings passed on Mike Williams last year, and picked up Troy Williamson instead.. Now I don't think either will fit in with our system.. So I say no thanks..
    But how many people were upset & bashed Tice because we didn't?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    Man, I am glad the Vikings passed on Mike Williams last year, and picked up Troy Williamson instead.. Now I don't think either will fit in with our system.. So I say no thanks..
    Newsflash, Troy Williamson has shown as much as Mike Williams, which isn't much. I would give them some time before we start declaring either a good/bad pick.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Warp is offline Asst. Coach

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    Newsflash, Troy Williamson has shown as much as Mike Williams, which isn't much. I would give them some time before we start declaring either a good/bad pick.
    Well I for one am damn happy we took T-Will over Mike Williams already. T-will has tons of potential and if he has the right attitude he should do great. Now mike on the other hand is a great athlete but doesnt seem to have a great character or workout metallity. But yeah either one could turn out better than the other in the long run but id bet my money on T-Will. :wink:

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    The way I understand it, Williams is slow & overweight. We don't have that problem with Troy.

I believe Troy has the more potential of the two. He just didn't get that much opportunity to play last year.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "PackSux!" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "PackSux!" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    Didn't want either of them the first time...don't want them now EITHER!!!

Unless maybe slowazz Williams wants to bulk up and become a TE for us! :lol:
    See now somebody is thinking. Mike Williams could easily become a tight end in my opinion.
    It's too bad that the definition of TE requires that they be able to block linebackers and defensive lineman, rather than just being a bigger, slower receiver.
    With me saying he could easily become a tight end that means he could bulk up and learn to be a good blocker.
    Why not just lose weight and learn to be a good receiver :roll:
    Maybe he has a problem with losing wieght? He is a good reciever, his hands are there but his mobility is not. So i personally think he would be better off gaining some pounds and learn to block rather then loose weight and try to be a reciever.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

I would definetly get Mike Williams. Giving up on the guy after just one year is crazy. I don't understand how people are so quick to forget what both Cris Carter and Koren Robinson went through before they reached success.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

ProjectViking is offline Waterboy

I really dont want mike williams! u gotta ask urself do u want a guy that wont go to meetings, does not keep in shape and in my opinion if he does become a first teamer he will just hold out like a little bitch and rob the team of more money than he deserves

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234