Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Re: Mike Vick Prison Stroy! -ENOUGH-

gentle usual reminder to keep it civil and not get yourself kicked in the rear.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Here is something that I have been thinking about with all this coverage.

Why in the hell are the players wearing his number on their bodies and supporting him?
    Isn't he the one who conducted himself inappropraitely and his actions screwed his team?
    He was the team, he took up a huge amount of salary cap and they support him?
    That BS and personally I would hate the bastard.
    He is a piece of shit.
    All the people holding signs and wearing his jersey...wtf?

I can answer you're question, but I like this place and I don't want to get banned.

Frostbite is offline Coach

We can agree to disagree and I respect everyone and there point of view here. Not trying to step on anybody at all. Singer mentioned he hates the fact that the puppies get euthanized. Me too...but did you know that is also common practice by Dog Breeders (Show Dog) and also Racing Greyhound and Race Horse Breeders as well. You never hear about this in polite society circles but it's common practice by some in those endeavors.

Remember that in my original post I did not condone what Vick did. In fact I do condem it whole Heartedly. I simply don't see what prison time accomplishes here?? I would rather have seen Vick forced into active Animal abuse causes as a spokes person, traveling accross the country on probation and under supervision talking about how wrong it is and using what happened in a more positive and long lasting way.

His actions were wrong. He broke the law. Are there worse things going on throughout America and around the world? Yes. That doesn't excuse him at all. Just think sometimes we are so quick to speak up for Animal rights and Animal atrosities while the same things or worse are going on concerning human beings. To often there is little or not enough outrage about those things.

Cheers!
    Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

"Vikes" wrote:
    Okay is it me or does ANYONE else believe Vick was sentenced the same day ATL played on Monday night?
    I'm just tried of this story Vick made some SERIOUS bad moves. But enough he is going to prison, and that is that, He wanted be a Hood and not a $uper$tar QB, he made his choice. It's sad but I ususally am soft on players but this Vick thing is over the top.

Just like Sean Taylor. ENOUGH!

Let's talk about NFL players that are ACTIVE and Playing. Not washed up bad guys going to prison.

The same goes for O.J.

ENOUGH already!!!!
    So tell us how you really feel

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

[img width=450 height=304]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y28/cebuned/nomercy1.jpg[/img]

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

vikesfargo is offline Asst. Coach

I don't agree with the animal rights people. I do think animals should not be mistreated, however.

Why yes there are other bad things in the world. That doesn't change whether Vick should be in jail for 23 months or that I am already very sick of hearing about this case.

Go Vikings!

Nooks is offline Starter

I agree that the constant media coverage of Vick is old and played out. But the Sean Taylor stuff...not so much. Its different to me I guess cus Vick chose to act like an idiot and got caught. Taylor didnt ask for what happened to him.

I think we need to buy an island and put all the stupid media hungry fools out there together so they can enjoy each others company without making us all suffer! Someone hunt down Britney Spears and Paris Hilton for me please cus they should be the first to go!

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"Frostbite" wrote:
    "Vikes" wrote:
    As the saying goes.

"Do crime if you got the 40 time"

Have so many mixed feelings about this whole Vick Dog Fighting thing anyways....I mean doesn't anyone think it's kind of Hypocritical to Nail Vick for Dog fight gambling when we have men (People) square off in ring for full contact fighting and allow betting on that. Don't get me wrong...I love dogs and agree it's different because the men/women are not fighting to the death here (Although in some countries they do)...and have some structure of rules... but to me brutal is brutal.

All over the world there is Cock Fighting...Bull Fighting....Dog Fighting...even People Fighting for Money/Betting.
    I don't see anybody over here running to these places and calling for prison sentences for any of the violators. They would get laughed at, have there Visa cancelled and sent home post hast from most countries where these traditions have flurished for years.

Yes we are the United States of America....supposedly more civilized, yet we are killing far more civilians and our own soldiers in foriegn lands than Vick and the Dog Fighting ever have. People fail to realize that Dog Fighting was the sport of Kings in the past. One of the reasons the Pit Bull breed came about was because of this Royal sport.

It is awful and there are laws against it here for good reasons I suppose...but I would have liked it better if Vick was given some other type of punishment besides a Prison sentence. Granted....if he would have come forward and admitted his involvement from the start....not lying about it...he probably would have gotten probation and community service of some kind along with the fines.
    Anyway...I hope he has learned something from this and I do hope Michael can get himself back up and try to get back into the game again someday.

Cheers!
    I think that is the part I don't like about it, if he was going to jail for dogfighting I would have no problems, but it seems that he is going to jail for lying about dog fighting. The same is the case for Bonds, I don't have a problem with him being tried for steroids but when they switch it to lying about steroids I don't like it. I think in both cases they are being targetted because of there celebrity, I'm sure glad I'm not a millionaire ball player.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"Nooks" wrote:
    I agree that the constant media coverage of Vick is old and played out. But the Sean Taylor stuff...not so much. Its different to me I guess cus Vick chose to act like an idiot and got caught. Taylor didnt ask for what happened to him.

I think we need to buy an island and put all the stupid media hungry fools out there together so they can enjoy each others company without making us all suffer! Someone hunt down Britney Spears and Paris Hilton for me please cus they should be the first to go!
    You can blame the media but they are just giving the consumer what they want. Everybody loves a good train wreck, but I agree that it gets way over played especially when they do a follow up on a story every day.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

The fact remain si that we have 2 different legal systems in the United States.
    Some people won't agree but Mike was branded a danger to society before the details were released. Mike did not/ could not have had a fair child. PETA saw to that. Did race have anything to do with the rush to judgement? I'm positive it did because I doubt if Payton Manning was doing something cruel to animals he wouldn't be hounded like Vick was. Oh wait, he hunts! : (

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast